CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've seen Halo 5 break some of the most loyal and hardcore fans of Halo around.

When the shill finally snaps, you know you messed up.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've seen Halo 5 break some of the most loyal and hardcore fans of Halo around. It's kinda amazing, this is even after Halo 4 and MCC too :(

Props to those that still have the fight and have the energy, sometimes you aren't going to convince people that the grass is green.

It's legit heartbreaking seeing my brothers and friends be gifted with classic CoD and vanilla WoW servers. Meanwhile I'm still here wondering how 343 can be so ignorant.

I've learned to expect nothing with Halo or 343 anymore. We can't even get an announcement for where the next events are going to be. Idk why i keep plying tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why no Truth Oddball? Does it just not play well in H5?

Don't quote me but I believe he said previously that it was because the playlist would become over saturated with truth.

Also, I had no idea that HCFP EXISTED until that post. I've not seen it in a Waypoint article or a Twitter post by HCS or Halo at all.

EDIT: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't quote me but I believe he said previously that it was because the playlist would become over saturated with truth

That's a bad thing how???

• Upvote (+1) 8

Why survey the old halo community.It's not sure xppl like they're going to come back after multiple games we've had that would've killed any other series (halo reach, 4, MCC, and 5).

Why survey only halo5 players?

It's funny, they claim to want to make the game appealing to the widest audience possible- but they are only getting feedback from Halo5 fans- the smallest collection of fans in halo history.

They should want old fans back and new fans.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just my personal experience, obviously, but I loathed Truth in the default Oddball playlist. Maybe Radar exacerbated some issues, but it was super campy at the bottom of the bases. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just my personal experience, obviously, but I loathed Truth in the default Oddball playlist. Maybe Radar exacerbated some issues, but it was super campy at the bottom of the bases.

Oddball with radar in general is a pain. Truth is the best map for oddball currently. Bottom base was always a viable strat in the original midship.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I hope Halo fails so much that Phil is forced to take action. 

Also, no such thing as oversaturated with Truth - it's only the best map in the game. 

Well I don't think you have to hope too much. 343 is doing a fine job of going down this path since they're so responsive to all their "data".

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I hope Halo fails so much that Phil is forced to take action. 

Also, no such thing as oversaturated with Truth - it's only the best map in the game. 

I'd rather have things get worse and then maybe get better in the future, than stay this bad until eventually Halo is completely discontinued. 

Phil won't take any action. Microsoft doesn't care that Halo has declined, they see it as the result of market forces rather than 343s incompetence. They have lower expectations of it than they used to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't quote me but I believe he said previously that it was because the playlist would become over saturated with truth.

Also, I had no idea that HCFP EXISTED until that post. I've not seen it in a Waypoint article or a Twitter post by HCS or Halo at all.

EDIT: 

rULwcLx.gif

Always put the better maps first.

I really hope this is the actual reason and the "too much of a good thing" is tongue in cheek. We've been stuck with the same gametypes for 3 years, but now there's the worry of repetition?

Phil won't take any action. Microsoft doesn't care that Halo has declined, they see it as the result of market forces rather than 343s incompetence. They have lower expectations of it than they used to.

Is Halo still considered the “mascot” for Xbox at this point?

At one stage it was like anything with Xbox had Master Chief attached to it somewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

idk about anyone else but i haven't been sent a survey since june

Supposedly they sent one out at the end of the first tuning test to people that put significant time in.  I put in more than 50 games and didn't get one.  People that played more than that probably liked the playlist a lot...

EDIT: 

yeah, they have mentioned in maybe a couple of times since the beta and its kind of buried on waypoint.  I stumbled upon it myself when i hung out at waypoint more.

Yeah that was a major problem but Radar is so bad for oddball.  Especially with the one hit beatdown.

• Upvote (+1) 1