CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

***IMPORTANT - OFFICIAL FEEDBACK TOOL***

Its very important that EVERYONE that wants Sprint removed etc. SIGNS UP TO THIS:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/halo-community-feedback-program

This is the tool 343 use to get their "data" on whether Sprint, abilities etc. are a minority or majority, etc. We must sign up and, when the polls come out, vote against modern Halo. If this tool is distributed widely enough, it will be a landslide.

I can't imagine more than a handful of a thousand people are actually signed up for this. 

I just don't understand why they can't put a Sprint/no Sprint poll on Twitter and let the community vote. They could even share it on every avenue including waypoint. I think they would be scared about the results honestly.

i dont believe 343 when they say crap like this. they are so quick to dismiss the "vocal minority" because we are a "small slice" of the player base. i dont believe them and they have given me no reason to believe them. they wont publish the data yet they ask us for data on arguments we make. show us the numbers. shush the vocal minority if such an overwhelming number of players prefer the current direction of advanced movement in halo. show me how it compares to halo 3 populations and trends. please prove me wrong. but if they can't please concede that youre wrong with this direction and we need to go back to basics

• Upvote (+1) 1

***IMPORTANT - OFFICIAL FEEDBACK TOOL***

Its very important that EVERYONE that wants Sprint removed etc. SIGNS UP TO THIS:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/halo-community-feedback-program

This is the tool 343 use to get their "data" on whether Sprint, abilities etc. are a minority or majority, etc. We must sign up and, when the polls come out, vote against modern Halo. If this tool is distributed widely enough, it will be a landslide.

Have they even put one of these out in the past 6 months?

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't even know how they decide what a small slice of the community is. If we're being honest Halo 5 is a small slice of people who actually used to like Halo. Sure you can poll the few thousand you have left now but if you aren't smart enough to wonder about the hundreds of thousands that no longer even purchase your game I don't even know what to say. You would think failing to live up to the feature set, long term population, and sales of Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST separately would smack someone in the face over at MS/343 as something they should look into. I have no idea why we have to try super hard to explain everything away as if it isn't just because the game isn't as good anymore. Even the Halo 3 playlist in H5 got me games instantly and had a more obvious spike in population compared to every other playlist

• Upvote (+1) 4

The issue with any poll 343 puts out is that the people who stopped buying/playing/following Halo won't vote. I know more people who stopped having anything to do with Halo that used to love it that would never see the poll than people who would.

Correct, and I bet no Sprint would STILL win.

i hear ya but that's not really a great argument

some FPS games need sprint, could you imagine playing arma or PUBG without sprint? RIP

Yes. Yes, I could. The whole purpose of sprint is to separate movement and shooting and make both easier, just like ADS. Oh, and some "immersion" bullshit. No FPS game needs sprint. And by sprint, I mean pressing a button to lower your weapon and play an arm-pumping animation with speed lines and a slight FoV increase. Variations on CS:GO's movement model could easily be adapted to any pseudo-realistic military shooter that relies on sprint/ADS. And it would be better.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

maybe 343 employees are in an echo chamber as well. Constantly being told their game is the best halo since halo 2. movie's like the island come to mind here 

That's the only thing that makes sense since common logic is gone with them and they're blind to the point of not seeing what's right in front of their faces.

Make stronghold only one stronghold on the map that rotates to 5-6 different locations throughout the game, make it a super small radius, and we got ourselves a ghetto extraction lmfao

Now make that 1 stronghold only capture points if you're standing in the hill uncontested. Boom we got King of the Hill.

Have they even put one of these out in the past 6 months?

I used to get these fairly frequently but I've noticed that as my playtime has decreased so has the frequency of receiving surveys. A few times I've noticed people on Twitter or here comment about a new survey yet I never received it.

I haven't even cut back on my playing of Halo because of the game itself, but simply because there are other games/books/shows/IRLstuff/work that all demand time. Despite not playing a ton I still keep up with the nerdy stuff and have gone out to the US for the last 2 Dreamhack Halo events.

Heck, it's possible that this isn't even the case and the surveys aren't ever sent to everyone who signed up but it still feels a bit off to even have to think that you need to be very active to keep receiving them.

I used to get these fairly frequently but I've noticed that as my playtime has decreased so has the frequency of receiving surveys. A few times I've noticed people on Twitter or here comment about a new survey yet I never received it.

I haven't even cut back on my playing of Halo because of the game itself, but simply because there are other games/books/shows/IRLstuff/work that all demand time. Despite not playing a ton I still keep up with the nerdy stuff and have gone out to the US for the last 2 Dreamhack Halo events.

Heck, it's possible that this isn't even the case and the surveys aren't ever sent to everyone who signed up but it still feels a bit off to even have to think that you need to be very active to keep receiving them.

I stopped getting them awhile back but that's probably because I straight up told them the game was trash

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now make that 1 stronghold only capture points if you're standing in the hill uncontested. Boom we got King of the Hill.

I doubt that's a setting or even possible to script without having bugs.

Honestly, I haven't gotten one in a long time and the last one I got was before my play time dropped quite a bit. If they do send the surveys based on playtime (which wouldn't surprise me given how their polls have gone before) that's actively trying to reinforce that they're doing a good job and their game is good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We get a trailer filled with buzzwords and other crap, then you see this..

WHY CANT WE HAVE THIS

Reboot everything please.

tenor.gif

Same, used to get them around once a month or so. Haven't gotten one in probably a year. Also, haven't played in about a year other than the H3 throwback playlist.

Soooo either wasn't giving them the feedback they wanted, or they are only sending out feedback to people who still play consistently that have signed up for the program.

Meaning they probably send out about 30 surveys a month. 

The majority argument is bogus anyway. Some opinions on topics are more valid than others based on knowledge and skill.

If you’re sick would you value what 100 untrained people said over one doctor?

That’s probably a bad argument I dunno, I’m just tired and sad at the feeling of hope slipping through my fingers when all I want to do is sit back and enjoy playing and watching Halo again and not Generic Sci-Fi Shooter #8002.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm glad you guys have the energy to still give 343 the time of day. I'm exhausted and infuriated just from reading all these tweets.

I've seen Halo 5 break some of the most loyal and hardcore fans of Halo around. It's kinda amazing, this is even after Halo 4 and MCC too :(

Props to those that still have the fight and have the energy, sometimes you aren't going to convince people that the grass is green.

• Upvote (+1) 4