CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I actually visit waypoint quite a bit and believe it or not the sentiment is shifting there as well. Although this is all null because I refuse to believe that waypoint is a proper mesaurement of the pulse of the gaming community. So again where’s the numbers? Where does it say that those waypoint people won’t buy classic halo? Where are these statements coming from? I just want clarity so I can move on.

I never even came close to implying that people wouldn't buy a Classic Halo - that's not at all what I'm saying. 

I never even came close to implying that people wouldn't buy a Classic Halo - that's not at all what I'm saying.

I apologize but I don’t see the point in vaguely stating that players came into halo during the enhanced movement games. Of course some did! My question is why do they matter more than players who came during CE,H2, or H3? Do they have a majority? Or something that makes their opinion more valuable than other players? I just want solid reasoning.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I apologize but I don’t see the point in vaguely stating that players came into halo during the enhanced movement games. Of course some did! My question is why do they matter more than players who came during CE,H2, or H3? Do they have a majority? Or something that makes their opinion more valuable than other players? I just want solid reasoning.

I haven't said they matter more, are a majority, etc. Simply said that what people love about Halo differs greatly from community to community and that I feel like 343 might be trying to find some middle ground for all of them. That being said, I don't know why you're coming to me in search of 343's reasoning.

Reach must have taken 12 years to make.

And even if so, Halo 4 had a bunch of previous old gametypes PLUS brand new ones... so..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Franks video was great and I sympathize but the biggest thing it got me thinking about was how liberating it would feel to not log on to twitter anymore.  :D

The best part about that post is mentioning splinters. They're equally as bad now as they were before. They seriously don't understand what a nerf is. You can weaken something WITHOUT buffing another aspect of that thing. It's something they REALLY struggle with balancing wise.

"What IF my spartan was a frat boy?" The way Lemon says that always makes me laugh.

All splinters ever needed was a plasma nade like timer. Thats it. No oone ever complained above the strength of it, just the instant fuse

• Upvote (+1) 3

All splinters ever needed was a plasma nade like timer. Thats it. No oone ever complained above the strength of it, just the instant fuse

Yup, longer fuse = problem solved.

I really think they what their original ideas to be the solution. So whenever a suggestion becomes popular, they ignore it.

Problem: splinter nade insta-kill is abused to get people out of jail

Popular Suggestion: lengthen the fuse so targets can dodge if used in an attempt to “get out of jail”

343 “solution”: decrease the initial damage, but increase the overall damage - targets die almost instantly anyway.

Problem: BR is too dominant at range

Popular Suggestion: bring in its RRR, reduce aim-assist and magnetism

343 “solution”: all of the above + slow the cadence + and random spread+ alter the near range aim mechanics

It’s the same every time. It’s like they can’t live with the idea that there are actually simple solutions to the problems they create and resent when the community pushes one.

• Upvote (+1) 9

@@GH057ayame @grimbrotherone @anyone working at 343 pls. We want a good halo game, not a mediocre amalgamation of Halo, CoD, and Battlefield.

I'm betting Eric would disagree these days  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

The best part about that post is mentioning splinters. They're equally as bad now as they were before. They seriously don't understand what a nerf is. You can weaken something WITHOUT buffing another aspect of that thing. It's something they REALLY struggle with balancing wise.

Yeah I have a hard time noticing a difference sometimes. Every once in a while someone will survive a splinter, but it's not near enough to actually make people use it for AoD. It's still just an easier plasma nade in 90% of situations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 seems to be very inefficient if it takes them up to a year to add one game mode.