CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Idk if you know this but with the one very large difference between the original trilogy gameplay style and what came after what do they attribute the popularity loss to? The obvious game changer between H3 and everything after it is the addition of spartan abilities and a total rethink of how Halo maps are designed out of a necessity to play towards those abilities. Do they think other games or just better or something? Instead of maybe saying "Hey maybe the game just appealed to more people the way it was" I really wish someone from 343 could actually explain this

It’s also when COD became extremely popular. Hence them losing touch with what halo was/is and trying to make something that will sell more copies to people that like other games. Now they and we are confused....

I'm saying there's a very large number of Halo fans who can't identify with Halo sans spartan abilities and that plays a big part in how 343 approaches finding a workable equilibrium.

This statement right here is the huge elephant in the room. All this talk of data, where I have yet to see a chart, graph, sale numbers, presence in the industry, proving this statement. Who and where are these people? I just want the prove that the majority of gamers want SA halo. One shred of proof and if it turns out to be valid, I’ll shut my mouth and play xlink kia till I hang up the sticks.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

This statement right here is the huge elephant in the room. All this talk of data, where I have yet to see a chart, graph, sale numbers, presence in the industry, proving this statement. Who and where are these people? I just want the prove that the majority of gamers want SA halo. One shred of proof and if it turns out to be valid, I’ll shut my mouth and play xlink kia till I hang up the sticks.

Go to Halo Waypoint or talk to any Halo player who started on the franchise from Reach onwards. I'm not saying that a majority of players who want Spartan Abilities, I'm saying there's a large portion of the community who only know that kind of Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This line is what stuck out to me the most, and I feel like it's really at the core of how Halo is now so far gone.

"It's almost tough to watch the community be in such a state where there is this open line for dialogue, and the community has been so beaten down by feeling ignored, and any opinion they have has no bearing on any decision making."

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thought this was interesting, as I was kind of hoping extraction could make a comeback in H5. Had no idea it takes 6-12 months for a game mode to be added. :/

• Upvote (+1) 5

So essentially 343 is asking for "data" when they should have been listening to years of fan outcry.

I think it's also an awful case of too little too late.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for dropping this. Even if it is just a group therapy kind of thing.

343 needs to understand that by inheriting Halo, they inherited everything else that came with it. Including the years of Bungie ignoring this community.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well worth watching. I was going to skip based on my perception of your personality here at times but I’m glad I watched it and would highly recommend to others. Captures how I’m sure a lot of us feel.

Thanks for taking the time to ramble and actually posting.

Thanks for watching brother, glad we found some common ground in it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks for dropping this. Even if it is just a group therapy kind of thing.

343 needs to understand that by inheriting Halo, they inherited everything else that came with it. Including the years of Bungie ignoring this community.

Spicy as frank is, he's here because he cares.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Spicy as frank is, he's here because he cares.

I got nothing against Frank. I'll never play another match of Halo 3 with him, but we need him to stick around for our own sanity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go to Halo Waypoint or talk to any Halo player who started on the franchise from Reach onwards. I'm not saying that a majority of players who want Spartan Abilities, I'm saying there's a large portion of the community who only know that kind of Halo.

I actually visit waypoint quite a bit and believe it or not the sentiment is shifting there as well. Although this is all null because I refuse to believe that waypoint is a proper mesaurement of the pulse of the gaming community. So again where’s the numbers? Where does it say that those waypoint people won’t buy classic halo? Where are these statements coming from? I just want clarity so I can move on.

Well, surely, if those people are desperate for that modern Halo action, they can just play MCC H4 and BC Reach. They need to stop living in the past!

• Upvote (+1) 2