CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Oh and can we get some confetti shot out of cannons or something

How about a Cortana cosplay girl to present the trophy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whoever ran it after mlg bailed.

Not like the gamee was thriving under mlg either.

No TO can fix game health. It certainly can help build the esports fan base and build proper publicity for the esports scene, but the game health is solely on the game quality and developer support.

No doubt in my mind that having MLG would vastly improve the scene in every way possible and if 343 wants to be serious about esports moving forward, they better have at the very least had some kind of serious discussion with MLG in regards to being the TO for HCS. In the end I don't really care who the TO is, as long as HCS is structured around open LAN events, which are run with a high production quality and minimal downtime. Still praying for MLG though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am not defending the problems of the UGC event but Dylen, Austen, Martin as well as the the rest of their crew did a wonderful job running the open side of things and the main stage with few things id like changed for photography purposes :P. Things ran really smooth. Obviously they weren't on the production side of things this event but I just wanted to express that they all did a great job. Photography criticism: Get rid of the low lit mainstages with harsh blues and reds. I want this shit to pop with natural face lighting. Make It to where when they pick up the trophy they move in front of the podium because it ruins pictures and just looks odd with a giant black rectangle in front of them.

We need to make it to where press/media badges are actually useful and difficult to obtain.  Its odd to me to see people with Iphones on mainstage haha I was also not allowed to walk around the area with open players were playing so i didn't get many AM shots. Dylen told me next time to just let him know though and he will fix that thats good. I know my photography wants and needs are not important or anything lol But I consider It a apart of overall production in regards to how the event looks and how to display it through mediaI loved the event though. Except for the lighting on the mainstage for sunday. Oh and can we get some confetti shot out of cannons or something

P5 makes mistakes but they also get overlooked when doing a great job. It's usually the collaboration and miscommunication that ends up screwing things up - not Martin, Austen or Dylen individually. They are the type of people we need at the top. Passionate Halo fans who want to see us grow and prosper.

As for your requests, David, I don't see an issue with any of them. In fact, some say presentation is everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hector hates ESL and how 343 ran things so far - just hates it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

P5 makes mistakes but they also get overlooked when doing a great job. It's usually the collaboration and miscommunication that ends up screwing things up - not Martin, Austen or Dylen individually. They are the type of people we need at the top. Passionate Halo fans who want to see us grow and prosper.

As for your requests, David, I don't see an issue with any of them. In fact, some say presentation is everything.

I'll second this. I feel like people don't realize how much the players love having those guys running things. Dudes bend over backwards and do whatever they can to make events as enjoyable as possible for players.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just want everyone to know not only is the suspense for MLG giving me stage 1 hypertension but after last night’s game, I’m surprised I didn’t suffer cardiac arrest. Astros are making my heart work.

Falcated and Vator (not reliable) were talking hot trash to eachother as always and said something huge is on the horizon and they had to shut eachotehr up otherwise theyd let the news slip. Can't wait for the intel.

edit: team changes

Lol you can't trust those fools. They tried to start/fuel the rumor that 343 was patching spring jumping.

That Orlando 2008 event was impossible. Easily the hardest bracket I've ever had.

Thats actually the last MLG event i went to.... They've had my heart for that long.  

NY 06 and 07

Orlando 08

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh I agree 100% I see all of you guys working hard to do what you can to run these events. I'm

Back behind production editing and talking to the crew every event and it's pretty informative. I know how things are :) I love the passion behind a lot of people in this community.

I know my requests are not priority by any means but I'm a firm believer that you can't just tap any anyone on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer then you will have their strict attention. Make the show a large presentation. Especially after the HWC venue stuff. I'd want to put on the biggest show possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No TO can fix game health. It certainly can help build the esports fan base and build proper publicity for the esports scene, but the game health is solely on the game quality and developer support.

No doubt in my mind that having MLG would vastly improve the scene in every way possible and if 343 wants to be serious about esports moving forward, they better have at the very least had some kind of serious discussion with MLG in regards to being the TO for HCS. In the end I don't really care who the TO is, as long as HCS is structured around open LAN events, which are run with a high production quality and minimal downtime. Still praying for MLG though.

Eh. You can have the most expensive, awesome lipstick in the world. A pig is a pig.

I will forever be baffled that this community only rallies together around issues that largely don't matter compared to the core issues that everyone ignores.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 11

I will forever be baffled that this community only rallies together around issues that largely don't matter compared to the core issues that everyone ignores.

Is it hard to breath on top of that pedestal?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2011 season:

dallas 178

columbus 190

anaheim 131

raleigh 135

orlando 114

providence championships 77

2012:

mlg columbus 2012 h:r nbns 174

mlg dallas 2012 h4 221 - this was mlg's last event before halo 4 was given to virgin/agl

so yeah halo did fine under mlg

How does these numbers compare to 04-09?

With this new LAN feature I hope they dont do analysis in between games. Maybe then I would be able to watch a grand finals live.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Whoever ran it after mlg bailed.

Not like the gamee was thriving under mlg either.

I still dont understand what you are comparing to...

MLG is a esports company. Do you think Reach esports would have been better under a different TO? Or did MLG maximize its potential as an esport?

If the answer is the latter, then how can you say they didn't help? They did what they could.

MLG roll isn't to carry the weight of a games overall popularity on its shoulders. It's to run esports.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still dont understand what you are comparing to?

MLG is a esports company. Do you think Reach esports would have been better under a different TO? Or did MLG maximize its potential as an esport?

MLG roll isn't to carry the weight of a games overall popularity on its shoulders.

I think NBNS could have carried on a bit longer. The game was just coming into its own at that point.

are you new here?

we all know what the issues are, we just focus on things we might actually have a chance of influencing

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's kinda baffling here that some people think we need multiple TO's if MLG is running things like every recent Halo 5 event has had some kind of major fuck up going on.

Like as far as I'm concerned if the option is there for MLG to run every event then there's literally no reason to settle for second rate TO's anymore.

I know my requests are not priority by any means but I'm a firm believer that you can't just tap any anyone on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer then you will have their strict attention. 

Noted.

FavoriteSkinnyAntipodesgreenparakeet-max

• Upvote (+1) 2