CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How about checking out this data

8e26d4f16422279c88b181c5454298c4.png

how about active players data compared to older games?

I didn't realize that H2 sold almost as much as Reach. That's actually really impressive.

I didn't realize that H2 sold almost as much as Reach. That's actually really impressive.

Can we talk about the fact that CE appears to have better sales, or at least very comparable sales to H5

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can we talk about the fact that CE appears to have better sales, or at least very comparable sales to H5

h5s sales are probably because of halo 4. halo 4s sales were because of halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H5's sales being comparable to CE probably has more to do with how Microsoft originally introduced the Xbox One than the game itself. The console certainly didn't get off to a good start so H5 sales were always going to look worse regardless of the game's quality.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's a few reasons why the HCS playlist didn't do as well as the Team Arena playlist with numbers.

1. It's at the top of the bloody matchmaking playlists unlike HCS sitting near bottom

2.The population linked by the playlist numbers consists of mostly avid "modern Halo" fans not classic-esque fans

which there was a greater number of. The determination that "moderm Halo" is more popular based on the number of

players in a playlist that is relatively dead compared to other Halo's is not a good justifaction for changes for all "Halo" fans.

It may be for "modern Halo" fans but not all fans, like the ones who left and want Halo to regain its indentity. 

The same can be said for Halo 4 and MCC, their population flopped (MCC because of it being broken) because of their initial design choices.

The same goes with Halo 5. The argument that oh look our sitting at top playlist is more popular in our relatively dead game means that's what style of Halo players want is flawed. Even though current HCS settings are competitive they still alienate the classic social players (because of all the SA's too/the audience that should be focused on), but it ended up the way it was because the whole game was designed around magnum starts so it kinda needs to be that way. 

The complete disregard for Halo's past success and indentity and uniqueness is what will keep this franchise steering in a confused path that may hit the nail on the head again, may. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So we overall still haven't made any progress on settings being changed for the better, we're back to square one. Why do they give pros polls? Why not have the pros just give them all the changes they'd like to see and then they design the game based on all the overwhelmingly similar feedback? (Assuming the polls are multiple choice). If 343i designs the polls, that means they design the answers. We'll make very slow progress with this design. If every time something new is tested and the population dips to the point of not being able to get a game, is the current testing design really the best option for the health of the game and for the progression of it?

• Upvote (+1) 2

How stubborn can they be, jesus. Let this BR/GF nonsense go already and focus on adding Ball and possibly Assault to the rotation. This is shaping up to be an even bigger waste of time and effort than Breakout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So we overall still haven't made any progress on settings being changed for the better, we're back to square one. Why do they give pros polls? Why not have the pros just give them all the changes they'd like to see and then they design the game based on all the overwhelmingly similar feedback? (Assuming the polls are multiple choice). If 343i designs the polls, that means they design the answers. We'll make very slow progress with this design. If every time something new is tested and the population dips to the point of not being able to get a game, is the current testing design really the best option for the health of the game and for the progression of it?

Such a good point. There should be room for both parties to submit their own idealised feedback. 

MAGNUM STARTS :weback:

God damn the way 343 Industries does things is so ass backwards but good on Menke, I like the dude and it sounds like he was put in a shitty situation with doing these weapon tuning updates, also where has @@Tashi been?  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tons of people come into Jimbos twitch chat and say that they play TA over the HCS playlist because its easier to win. I assume thats the mentality of a lot of players that dont play the HCS playlist. Its hard to capture information like that in game data.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think now is as good a time as ever for me to reveal my true origin story. 

I cosplayed as Luke Smith in jest of their defense of the Halo 3 BR mechanics. 

It seems relevant now given the attempted changes to Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How about checking out this data

8e26d4f16422279c88b181c5454298c4.png

how about active players data compared to older games?

I have seen the numbers and H4=Reach>H2, stats don’t lie.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I have seen the numbers and H4=Reach>H2, stats don’t lie.

“GO BACK TO SOMETHING MORE POPULAR!”

“How about H4?”

“NO NOT THAT ONE”

Yep, utterly braindead as an example. Especially when you’re simultaneously trying to explain that context is as an important factor as the data itself.

• Downvote (-1) 3

H4 wasn't popular though if you look at online population and neither is H5.

People play TA over HCS because HCS is actually hard. Which is kind of the point of having competitive settings is it not?

HCS is at the bottom of the list.

Competitive halo has been disparaged, had poor events and presentation for a long time.

Halo 5 mechanics are unattractive to players that value competitive integrity.

Halo 5 has sold less copies than any other game other than CE (which had a massively smaller install base).

Halo players feel entitled to having tons of easy ranked options due to years of shitty playlist management.

Historically, the MLG playlists of old never had as many players yet we were able to sell out 200+ team tournaments (the true measure of health).

So many reasons that HCS would have a lower population independent of the fucking starting weapon. Even entertaining the idea that BR starts would help anything is asinine. Try fixing the other, real issues.

Do they not remember how population during the beta plummeted during the week of BR starts?

• Upvote (+1) 4

tenor.gif?itemid=5436831

Well this is getting fucking ridiculous. You could almost guess word for word what they will say when someone asks them.