CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did we really needed some “analyst” to tell us that AR didn’t belonged on competitive?. He never implemented true party restrictions, he invented some convoluted system that gave more elo to people playing in party. Do we really need some stats analyst that doesn’t play the game, tell us what competitive settings are good ?

We didn't need it, 343 did. It took a member of their own staff to work out the data to figure out what everyone had been saying for a while. That's what I'm saying.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Umm @OG Nick may we have the cliff notes of the 343 lecture? 

Cliff notes:

-Watch what you say online

-Do work outside of class

-Make friends

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cliff notes:

-Watch what you say online

-Do work outside of class

-Make friends

anything bout h5 design process?

I don't even understand why 343 is trying to push BR starts in competitive they aren't going to attract anyone that way.  Spawning with a single shot utility weapon was one of the things Halo 5 actually got right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Great, hopefully everyone can stop freaking out now ... probably too much to ask lol

At this point I doubt they'll try to reintroduce BRs without most/all pros approving

Great, hopefully everyone can stop freaking out now ... probably too much to ask lol

At this point I doubt they'll try to reintroduce BRs without most/all pros approving

Not really. The only thing that’s changed is they’ve delayed this BR & Gunfighter push until after HWC 2018. The goal is still to remove the HCS playlist and have a single competitive playlist under Team Arena.

We’re going to have the exact same problem in a few months time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

“Also, the current weapon tuning will be in effect, meaning things like improved Active Camo effectiveness will be featured in competitive play and there’s future potential to re-introduce changes like the adjusted Splinter Grenades, Grenade Launcher, and Energy Sword movement if they are well-received.”

Idk about you guys, but the splinters, current camo, and energy sword (assuming it’s the one that still has speed boost) most definitely do not need to be in HCS settings.

Edit: Should refresh before posting

The below is accurate. 

Let’s try a crazy idea, why don’t we swap the HCS playlist to the top of the list and call it “team hardcore” , and then we can see the numbers

Let’s try a crazy idea, why don’t we swap the HCS playlist to the top of the list and call it “team hardcore” , and then we can see the numbers

If they use their dumbass numbers out of context again I'm gonna flip. For an analytics guy he sure doesn't seem to understand numbers need context.

But nah team Arena is soooooo much better!1!1!!1!1

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like this quote explains a hell of a lot when considering the idiotic settings that have been forced on the competitive community. 

"We feel more people playing our main settings hopefully means more players understanding them, more players interested in watching them, and more players interesting in competing on them."

Casual settings will never work in a competitive environment. I have no idea how this has yet to sink in...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not really. The only thing that’s changed is they’ve delayed this BR & Gunfighter push until after HWC 2018. The goal is still to remove the HCS playlist and have a single competitive playlist under Team Arena.

We’re going to have the exact same problem in a few months time.

Do we really see anyone sticking around after worlds to care? I feel like Worlds is the only reason why we haven’t lost 50% of our pros to cod. Once worlds ends I can’t see them even bothering with Halo until H6 unless the TO announcement is insane

• Upvote (+1) 2

"We’ve just received results from the latest Oddball pro player survey, and are actively reviewing with design teams to evaluate where we can move forward."

I really hope oddball makes it in.

• Upvote (+1) 7

That post doesn’t make me feel any better. Still shows they are hell bent on “casualizing” the settings. Cool, they caved, but they didn’t learn.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That post doesn’t make me feel any better. Still shows they are hell bent on “casualizing” the settings. Cool, they caved, but they didn’t learn.

Casualizing the settings could be the official 343 motto. Not even just competitive, but Halo in general.

• Upvote (+1) 1