CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Prediction: It's not MLG. Why would MLG help us? It's not a charity. 

Unless they think H6 will blow up, they have nothing to gain from halo.

Maybe they're doing their announcement in this class?

Daily reminder that 343 is over here on the West Coast and if there is an announcement today it'll likely post at around 3PM PST.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have to imagine it would be later this week or next, they literally just got back to the office today. I know waiting sucks, but there could be deals going on that’s out of their control and done by higher ups, lawyers, etc at this point.

Really hope we get it before 2018, Christmas is only 4 weeks away now too and I have to imagine work at the offices slow down then.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every ten pages or so, someone says that MLG won't work on Halo because it's either A) owned by Microsoft or B) not worth their time, and every ten pages or so someone else has to point out that MLG took up Gears of War, a Microsoft owned game that is smaller than Halo.

Guess it's my turn!!

It's still not MLG.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know when you send a risky text and you throw your phone away from you because you're scared of the response. I feel like that's what 343 did with these settings.

• Upvote (+1) 7

giphy.gif

There is no money in Halo tho, notsurewutchumean wutchumean

giphy.gif

I agree with you, but just to add to your last point:

IMO the only thing MLG has to gain from picking up H5/H6 is the opportunity to be viewed as the TO that raised Halo from the dead (if they actually managed to turn things around). Whether or not the rest of the industry would recognize that for the miracle it is, I have no idea.

Either way, MLG already has a great reputation and picking up Halo hardly seems worth the risk like you said.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have to imagine it would be later this week or next, they literally just got back to the office today. I know waiting sucks, but there could be deals going on that’s out of their control and done by higher ups, lawyers, etc at this point.

Really hope we get it before 2018, Christmas is only 4 weeks away now too and I have to imagine work at the offices slow down then.

what sucks is that this shows that a)moving on from esl was a last minute decision (during this past season kind of last minute) and they are scrambling to finalize something to fit their worlds schedule. if this is the case, it probably wont end well

b)the move from esl has been planned for a while but they waited too long or made the process of getting a new to so long that we are down to the wire for finalizing a deal. maybe we get a good announcement, but we are at the point that pros are frustrated and AMs/spectators are gonna find it hard to make appropriate plans for attending events

c)they are on their 2nd/3rd/last option of TO at this point after others have fallen through. i wouldnt imagine that 343 would be a great partner in running halo events. with the failures of the past few years, i would have to have a lot of assurances that i would have control of the competitive settings used before attaching my brand to this. i would imagine that this is the most likely scenario

our backs are up against the wall for the timing again and it has the ability to overshadow another worlds season

MLG is the greatest TO in the world, but at the end of the day, the tournaments themselves can't make up for a downright dog shit game. Which every halo after 3 has been(except for NBNS Reach).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

MLG is the greatest TO in the world, but at the end of the day, the tournaments themselves can't make up for a downright dog shit game. Which every halo after 3 has been(except for NBNS Reach).

I don't think MLG could even come close to making up for the inadequacies of Halo 5. That being said, letting them have control over the settings as well as run the actual events themselves could put a relatively positive spin on the tail end of Halo 5's lifecycle. At this point I feel like it's all about making Halo 5 suck as little as possible, (which is kind of ironic considering the latest weapon tuning) giving the players and fans something to do, and living on a hope and a dream that somehow Halo 6 isn't just as terrible. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think MLG could even come close to making up for the inadequacies of Halo 5. That being said, letting them have control over the settings as well as run the actual events themselves could put a relatively positive spin on the tail end of Halo 5's lifecycle. At this point I feel like it's all about making Halo 5 suck as little as possible, (which is kind of ironic considering the latest weapon tuning) giving the players and fans something to do, and living on a hope and a dream that somehow Halo 6 isn't just as terrible.

Yep. It's all about maintaining what little crowd we have left while maybe building some hype for H6 at this point.

everybody please upvote this post

edit: I think a couple of you may have gotten confused. I wanted you guys to upvote the quoted post. Not my post.

• Upvote (+1) 2