CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This could be true if I didn't still enjoy the older games so much. When MCC actually works, or when I can get people together to LAN CE and H2, it's just as good as I remember it being. Other games like Overwatch and Fortnite have the ability to keep me invested in ways similar to how the original trilogy used to. I'm just as into and just as captivated by video games as I ever have been, the difference is Halo used to be the best of the games I played, whereas now it's not even close. 

That's what I always tell people. What was so heartbreaking about MCC is that when it actually worked, it was the most fun I'd had in years.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What was so heartbreaking about MCC is that when it actually worked, it was the most fun I'd had in years.

Just talking about it like this makes me heartbroken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 things have made me flip to the anisprint crowd.

1: Favyn 2: Delementary 

3: it's hard to explain so I'll use an example, last night my girlfriend came over and we were going to play Halo because she knew it was my favorite game (we, of course, couldn't play H5) so we played MCC and I saw what made old Halo so popular. We 1v1nd on Sanctuary H2A and it just further dawned on me that classic Halo was so simple to pick up but so hard to master. She could quickly understand the game (she has played Halo a little in the past and is a very casual gamer). She knew what guns were good and bad. She could move around the map easily and fluently without having to use a million button combos and claw or buy a scuf. It was simple yet so complex. I compete in H5 and am obviously MUCH better than her, I could do crouch jumps and knew the routes and could shoot better etc. The low skill-floor but high skill ceiling is why this game was awesome

I want a classic Halo 6 and I want it NOW!

Also I want split screen. 343 plz  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 9

i expect to be downvoted to hell and back but halo 5, ESPECIALLY with removed autos, magnum only starts, and spartan ability radar is easily amongst the most fun halo has ever been. 343 should get shit for a shitty amount of launch content, odd aiming issues, poor dlc maps, poorer communication, and changes for the sake of change but the actual core game of halo 5 is fantastic. thats a pretty length list of serious mishaps - but still doesnt diminish how good the game can be for me.

make halo 5 great again

Halo 5 was never great to begin with. I know you enjoy it, and this is definitely a good amount of my bias talking, but the game absolutely sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That's what I always tell people. What was so heartbreaking about MCC is that when it actually worked, it was the most fun I'd had in years.

lol ur an h4 kid

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

First we lose the magnum

Then we get HCS Overgrowth

Then https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/7fqbhk/anyone_else_miss_the_victory_celebration_spartans/

343 could have just had an option in the game menu to turn them off if you didnt like them. but no, removing them completely and being heavy handed with it seems to be their go to as with most things.

Personally actually like the celebrations, it stops the game from being so serious all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think they should make the Warzone settings the same on a base level but expand the REQ Card system to include Spartan Abilities.

Take Sprint for example you could do something like:

Common: Sprint for X amount of time with a cool down

Rare: Unlimited sprint

Legendary: Unlimited sprint with a speed Increase

People get their "modern" Halo, it doesn't fuck with "Universal Settings" AND it means more REQ Cards which means more potential $$$ for 343.

Feel like this could open the door for pay to win arguments though. I don't play anything but Arena, so I'm not bothered by it, but I'd bet there's a decent amount of people who are.

Oddly enough this came up in conversation the other day I was having with a few of my friends. One of the guys (who is the only one of this particular group of friends that I hang with that still plays, but he plays Warzone 99% of the time) says that it's really just our nostalgia making us think that things were better before. Something about because as we got older, our imaginations aren't vivid anymore therefore the games become boring and it's not 343's fault we don't like the game anymore.

I believe this is the argumentative tactic commonly known as "lying to oneself." 343 made the active decision when they took the reigns to change almost everything. Their games don't look like Halo, they don't sound like Halo, they don't play like Halo, and they don't FEEL like Halo. With H5, they made some compromises in the Halo direction, yet fully committed to very little. But sure. It's just "nostalgia" and not, you know, the fact that you would be hard pressed to tell that these games are part of the same series if they hadn't put "HALO" on the box. lol. Funny guy.

​This is why I'm interested in games like DOOM 2016 and CS: GO. They literally feel more like Halo games than anything 343 has put out and a huge part of that comes down to core mechanics and game feel. Those games carry forward the indomitable movement model that is now considered "old school," but was a huge part of the Halo experience. Smooth, deliberate, precise, unwavering. No pointless animations complicating and elongated mundane interactions. No separation of movement from gun play. No FLINCH animations (OK, CS has unarmored aim punch).

• Upvote (+1) 3

"it looks like a bunch of 10 year olds that just won their first rap battle on the playground"

lmaooooo

The only thing it's missing is text that reads "you just got served."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oddly enough this came up in conversation the other day I was having with a few of my friends. One of the guys (who is the only one of this particular group of friends that I hang with that still plays, but he plays Warzone 99% of the time) says that it's really just our nostalgia making us think that things were better before. Something about because as we got older, our imaginations aren't vivid anymore therefore the games become boring and it's not 343's fault we don't like the game anymore.

Lmfao, the general popularity and population size beg to differ.

"BUTTT It'zz all nostaLgIA!!!!"

I think they should make the Warzone settings the same on a base level but expand the REQ Card system to include Spartan Abilities.

Take Sprint for example you could do something like:

Common: Sprint for X amount of time with a cool down

Rare: Unlimited sprint

Legendary: Unlimited sprint with a speed Increase

People get their "modern" Halo, it doesn't fuck with "Universal Settings" AND it means more REQ Cards which means more potential $$$ for 343.

I like the idea, although it's definitely reminiscent of armor abilities

Can confirm.

Every time I asked 343 for LAN stats from an event I had to ignore what was staring me in the face.

An empty inbox.

HCS London stats hasn’t been released yet. Which is weird cuz I know each admin at each station was responsible for saving stats and I think they all did too. But I guess not?

What Halo needs is a teleportation ability.

You cant complain about people sprinting away when they teleport behind you, right?

Nothing personal, Spartan.

HCS London stats hasn’t been released yet. Which is weird cuz I know each admin at each station was responsible for saving stats and I think they all did too. But I guess not?

I'm still waiting for HCS Summer Finals Stats... from 2016.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm still waiting for HCS Summer Finals Stats... from 2016.

Well... But one figured they’d have learned by now. And I know they did take photos of the stats at London.

"Not saying you're wrong, but I want data like Josh Menke"

She's effectively saying "show me data higher interaction rates in lower-mobiilty games, but also we won't give you an opportunity to play lower-mobility games"

NKuAfeY.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3: it's hard to explain so I'll use an example, last night my girlfriend came over and we were going to play Halo because she knew it was my favorite game (we, of course, couldn't play H5) so we played MCC and I saw what made old Halo so popular. We 1v1nd on Sanctuary H2A and it just further dawned on me that classic Halo was so simple to pick up but so hard to master. She could quickly understand the game (she has played Halo a little in the past and is a very casual gamer). She knew what guns were good and bad. She could move around the map easily and fluently without having to use a million button combos and claw or buy a scuf. It was simple yet so complex. I compete in H5 and am obviously MUCH better than her, I could do crouch jumps and knew the routes and could shoot better etc. The low skill-floor but high skill ceiling is why this game was awesome

Most romantic thing I've ever read. Wife her.

• Upvote (+1) 4