CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo 5's "ENHANCED" movement is just barely above being pure animations. Clamber is just an animation to get up objects that are risen to force an animation. Sprint is just an animation to fool people into thinking they are moving fast. In Halo 1/2, maps were half the size and the base movement was faster. You were essentially sprinting at all times conpared to Halo 5. Now you have to use an animation. Thrust is the only thing thats not a pure animation compared to older Halos.

Referring to Halo 5s movement as enhanced mobility even though thats what casuals call it is furthering the divide IMO. "Get rid of enhanced mobility" sounds like some old person trying to go back to a sluggish Halo 3, when I dont think thats what most people want. We want faster base movement, a faster strafe, more jumping possibilities without putting weapons away, smaller maps so we are sprinting at all times compared to Halo 5, etc.

Just an idea for discussing our points in a better light for casuals.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Halo 5's "ENHANCED" movement is just barely above being pure animations. Clamber is just an animation to get up objects that are risen to force an animation. Sprint is just an animation to fool people into thinking they are moving fast. In Halo 1/2, maps were half the size and the base movement was faster. You were essentially sprinting at all times conpared to Halo 5. Now you have to use an animation. Thrust is the only thing thats not a pure animation compared to older Halos.

Referring to Halo 5s movement as enhanced mobility even though thats what casuals call it is furthering the divide IMO. "Get rid of enhanced mobility" sounds like some old person trying to go back to a sluggish Halo 3, when I dont think thats what most people want. We want faster base movement, a faster strafe, more jumping possibilities without putting weapons away, smaller maps so we are sprinting at all times compared to Halo 5, etc.

WRONG! Clamber adds verticality and I have a GDC talk that PROVES it.

That's pretty much the heart of why "enhanced mobility" is asinine in Halo. The vast majority of it is built to be an illusion to trick less than knowledgeable players into thinking its all different and fast. Look you can climb now! and we raised every single jump in the game to force you to use it. Look you can run faster! but we doubled the size of the map to compensate etc etc. The reason this happens is that in some weird way they want to preserve the original feel of Halo via the guns and kill times but feel like they have to add new shiny things. It feels like somewhere behind the scenes you've got factions of people trying to change everything or trying to make sure nothing changes and what comes out is shit like H5

Not sure what stats or info you really need, when’s the last time you talked about Halo with casual gamer friends? When have you seen real hype for it not relating to the original trilogy? People have been saying the same stuff for years now. Most just take it as a waste of keystrokes by, so many burnt hardcore fans.

I love Halo as much as the next fan, but we are the Sonic of shooters and it’s all self-inflicted.

Pretty much, a friend's dad was apparently a top 5 Quake player back in the day. This was our conversation starter, and I said something about that whole Quake scene being gone. He asked me what I played and I said Halo with some embarrassment. He seemed genuinely surprised they were still making Halo. 

Literally no one at my work plays Halo, they all play COD and whatever random shit comes out - D2 or AC Origins. But funny story, you know what game caused the COD casuals from the office to drop hundreds of dollars and hours? PUBG. Literally 3 dudes I work with went out and bought gaming pc's to just play PUBG together. 

Think of the One X - a good fucking game still causes single dudes to go drop entire paychecks on gaming, just imagine if Halo was innovative and good.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

What Halo needs is a teleportation ability.

You cant complain about people sprinting away when they teleport behind you, right?

343 are so behind the curve that at this rate Halo 6 will be a hero shooter, Halo 7 will be a Battle Royale and maybe by Halo 8 they'll catch onto the "back to classic" trend.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Halo 2's BR was piss easy. I have more fun in pistol battles in h5 than BR battles in h2. Also, if button glitches are soo great why hasn't any FPS incorporated them including Halo? 

If enhanced mobility is so great why is WWII doing so well?

Better make sure we don't alienate the DOZENS of dedicated Halo 5 Gimmicks fans who just couldn't handle a game where they don't get to press pointless buttons every single second to feel fast like a Spartan.

tenor.gif?itemid=3545958

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not sure what stats or info you really need, when’s the last time you talked about Halo with casual gamer friends? When have you seen real hype for it not relating to the original trilogy? People have been saying the same stuff for years now. Most just take it as a waste of keystrokes by, so many burnt hardcore fans.

I love Halo as much as the next fan, but we are the Sonic of shooters and it’s all self-inflicted.

Speaking as an analyst (read: a person stating the obvious), there's only so much stats and data can tell you. You have to actually give context to the data and determine if the data gives you a conclusion, or if you are just using the data to support a conclusion you already made.

• Upvote (+1) 8

lol crimsix is going in on ESL, said they killed halo

Source?

• Upvote (+1) 3

My casual friends:

2001/2004/2007 = Purchasing Xbox solely for Halo.

2015 = Selling Xbox because of Halo.

D A T A

sad af, they all moved on to ps4 because they don't like halo anymore

ZfQkdt6.png

check karmas stream, someone probably clipped it

Those making the claim are in charge of providing the evidence.

RUSSEL'S TEAPOT MATE. 

I believe you though. Most members of OpTic have been vocal against 343/ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Greenskull Tweet

Better make sure we don't alienate the DOZENS of dedicated Halo 5 Gimmicks fans who just couldn't handle a game where they don't get to press pointless buttons every single second to feel fast like a Spartan.

I think they should make the Warzone settings the same on a base level but expand the REQ Card system to include Spartan Abilities.

Take Sprint for example you could do something like:

Common: Sprint for X amount of time with a cool down

Rare: Unlimited sprint

Legendary: Unlimited sprint with a speed Increase

People get their "modern" Halo, it doesn't fuck with "Universal Settings" AND it means more REQ Cards which means more potential $$$ for 343.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oddly enough this came up in conversation the other day I was having with a few of my friends. One of the guys (who is the only one of this particular group of friends that I hang with that still plays, but he plays Warzone 99% of the time) says that it's really just our nostalgia making us think that things were better before. Something about because as we got older, our imaginations aren't vivid anymore therefore the games become boring and it's not 343's fault we don't like the game anymore.

Oddly enough this came up in conversation the other day I was having with a few of my friends. One of the guys (who is the only one of this particular group of friends that I hang with that still plays, but he plays Warzone 99% of the time) says that it's really just our nostalgia making us think that things were better before. Something about because as we got older, our imaginations aren't vivid anymore therefore the games become boring and it's not 343's fault we don't like the game anymore.

This could be true if I didn't still enjoy the older games so much. When MCC actually works, or when I can get people together to LAN CE and H2, it's just as good as I remember it being. Other games like Overwatch and Fortnite have the ability to keep me invested in ways similar to how the original trilogy used to. I'm just as into and just as captivated by video games as I ever have been, the difference is Halo used to be the best of the games I played, whereas now it's not even close. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This could be true if I didn't still enjoy the older games so much. When MCC actually works, or when I can get people together to LAN CE and H2, it's just as good as I remember it being. Other games like Overwatch and Fortnite have the ability to keep me invested in ways similar to how the original trilogy used to. I'm just as into and just as captivated by video games as I ever have been, the difference is Halo used to be the best of the games I played, whereas now it's not even close. 

This is pretty much my response to the nostalgia argument. There are definitely childhood games of mine that haven't aged well, where that argument has some ground, but Halo is still just as enjoyable as when I first played it. In many ways, I enjoy it more now than then, especially since I have a better appreciation of the multiplayer and what makes it so fun.

Yo fam its been 4 days since the 23rd enit bruv ting fam blud geeza mate, when is man gettin dat new TO update cuz? bruv dis shit bait as fuck enit, at dis rate we aint never gettin dat fookin TING.

enit @@TheSimms

-UK Halo fans

• Upvote (+1) 2