CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No fucking way in hell you an type H5 snipe is harder than H2 and keep a straight face. No fucking way. And for 2 years we had INSANE aim assist and mag on ye sniper FROM THE HIP. And we still have more than past games. AND the insane in scope magnetism. And the H5 PP is more powerful than H2's. H2 it was slow as shit so you at least ha a chance to dodge. H5 can map you with insane tracking. You're delusional. And no power weapon in the HISTORY of halo has EVER been easier than the pre patch railgun in h5 we had for 2 years. I can understand the BR was kinda easy but holy shit you're just ignoring actual stuff here.

Not to mention in H2 we had the BxR, BxB, double and quad shot to combat the plasma pistol. We have none of that in H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

343's decision-making does make sense when you consider they may be turning a bunch of knobs just to get some arbitrary numbers within some arbitrary range.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Perhaps if they focus on the map and movement abilities in a vacuum where nobody stops to shoot. It gets real awkward when the map size only relates to movement across it at top speed when compared to previous titles until you check how it feels when you stop to shoot at other players on maps that are now twice as big and yet most of the weapons have a similar range/kill time to what they always did previously. 

343's decision-making does make sense when you consider they may be turning a bunch of knobs just to get some arbitrary numbers within some arbitrary range.

Spreadsheet Warriors.

Off-topic, but when people say EU is trash, their argument is irrelevant because Hyena.

.... (EU is trash)

SORRY I CANT HELP IT

• Upvote (+1) 1

Better make sure we don't alienate the DOZENS of dedicated Halo 5 Gimmicks fans who just couldn't handle a game where they don't get to press pointless buttons every single second to feel fast like a Spartan.

As someone who enjoys casual modes just as much or even more than competitive modes this would kill halo for me. More dead than it already is for me

I don't understand how 343 can sit here being ripped apart by their own pro's and former pro's and still have nothing to say...

i mean, it is a holiday weekend...

• Upvote (+1) 1

i expect to be downvoted to hell and back but halo 5, ESPECIALLY with removed autos, magnum only starts, and spartan ability radar is easily amongst the most fun halo has ever been. 343 should get shit for a shitty amount of launch content, odd aiming issues, poor dlc maps, poorer communication, and changes for the sake of change but the actual core game of halo 5 is fantastic. thats a pretty length list of serious mishaps - but still doesnt diminish how good the game can be for me.

make halo 5 great again

• Upvote (+1) 9

https://twitter.com/Greenskull/status/934679874299744256

Better make sure we don't alienate the DOZENS of dedicated Halo 5 Gimmicks fans who just couldn't handle a game where they don't get to press pointless buttons every single second to feel fast like a Spartan.

I dont get it. I really dont. Population numbers dont lie. 2 years after halo 3 launched it was still one of the top games on xbl. Halo 5 is nowhere close. Yet obviously the quest to go back to a game more like ce, 2 or 3 is a push by the competitive community alone. Its the same thinking that cripples 343: why chase the millions who left by going back to a classic style when maybe 10k like the game as is. I would hate to alienate that small percentage of people with an objectively better game

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dont get it. I really dont. Population numbers dont lie. 2 years after halo 3 launched it was still one of the top games on xbl. Halo 5 is nowhere close. Yet obviously the quest to go back to a game more like ce, 2 or 3 is a push by the competitive community alone. Its the same thinking that cripples 343: why chase the millions who left by going back to a classic style when maybe 10k like the game as is. I would hate to alienate that small percentage of people with an objectively better game

This is more or less what I said in my response to Greenskull and his response to me was to be careful by saying gimmicky Halo doesn't work because he loves Halo 5...

i expect to be downvoted to hell and back but halo 5, ESPECIALLY with removed autos, magnum only starts, and spartan ability radar is easily amongst the most fun halo has ever been. 343 should get shit for a shitty amount of launch content, odd aiming issues, poor dlc maps, poorer communication, and changes for the sake of change but the actual core game of halo 5 is fantastic. thats a pretty length list of serious mishaps - but still doesnt diminish how good the game can be for me.

make halo 5 great again

Agree to disagree then. I've been burned by this franchise too many times. I will never touch "modern" Halo again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You know what, fuck it. You developers and pro-modern Halo can do whatever the fuck you want with the franchise, gonna move on now man.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ugh, that GrimBrotherOne guy is so far up his own ass.

"Yeah I usually stop reading after "Not Halo." You can like older or newer styles, but it's all Halo whether you prefer it or not lol."

While that is true, if your company didnt fuck up and create Halo Reach on crack cocaine (Halo 4), we wouldnt have this fucking problem of a new or old style - and Halo would likely have millions of players.

Halo 4 and 5 are not Halo, and neither is Halo Reach, to an extent.

He can speak about Halo like that when his company learn to ship a complete and working game. Until I see a COMPLETE Halo game with forge on release, working theatre, and and search times that won't last into the next Iceage, "GrimBrotherOne", do not comment on what Halo stands for.

Thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Seems like Greenskull thinks its only the competitive community that dislikes "modern" Halo.

All you really have to do is go to any website aside from the usual hangouts for "current" fans (r/Halo, Waypoint, the website formerly known as NeoGAF) and it's obvious that this opinion is widely held. When people say that Halo hasn't been good since 3 (sometimes Reach) or that 343 is an awful developer, they get overwhelming agreement. It's no mystery, then, why you hardly see any 343 employees active on other forums.

make halo 5 great again

Halo 5 is two (or more) completely incompatible games jury-rigged together in order to fit the corporate/focus-group-driven vision of Halo as a "modern" shooter as envisioned by designers who apparently don't actually play shooters. It is an incoherent mess of mechanics that do not and never will work well together. The "Halo 5 is a good FPS, just not a good Halo" argument has never actually been true. Halo 5, when it's working properly, is a mediocre at best FPS. It is outdone as a Halo game by real Halo games and outdone as a mobility gimmick shooter by CoD and Titanfall.

That said, the game could be vastly improved by disabling the core "Spartan Ability" gimmicks and rebalancing aim assist/magnetism values accordingly. But that won't ever happen.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

how can you know what it'll be like?

I'll adapt ;)

EDIT: Also, the current data available shows that next trilogy after Hao 6 will follow the steps of current trilogy, so for that reason: I'm out!

Not sure what stats or info you really need, when’s the last time you talked about Halo with casual gamer friends? When have you seen real hype for it not relating to the original trilogy? People have been saying the same stuff for years now. Most just take it as a waste of keystrokes by now, so many burnt fans.

I love Halo as much as the next fan, but we are the Sonic of shooters and it’s all self-inflicted.

I talk about halo all the time with my casual gamer friends. Its mostly complaining about the game, laughing at 343, and overall bitching, but we're still talking about it. 

:mj: