CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I still play Halo almost everyday but just to get a few 8s lobbies and get off. Literally no match making.

Just sitting here praying that this is all a delayed April Fools joke because 343 is incompetent and couldn't get it rolled out last April. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So i used to work at a hospital program for youth with various psychological issues. I remember one day one of the kids was complaining that "My parents always yell at me the first time they ask me anything!! They don't do that with my brother, its not fair." and the therapist in the group basically said, "you realize that is because you have conditioned your parents to treat you like that? The only way you have ever done anything they asked in the past was to get to the point of yelling at you, so now they just skip straight to the yelling." The conversation basically concluded with the therapist explaining that if you want your parents to start requesting things of you as nicely as they do with your sibling that doesn't have the long history of behavior problems, part of the solution (among other thing obviously) is to take initiative and start doing things before you are told.

That's the point we are at with 343. Is it fair? honestly no its not. But until 343 starts doing shit right without angry prodding from the community as a catalyst, i dont see how they can expect a "more reasonable" reaction.

EDIT: About the holidays. The demands for a response during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend is ludicrous. Maybe it's because i value proper work/life balance and i have a family now with multiple obligations to fulfill for every holiday event or whatever. But I don't think its reasonable to expect for them to take time out of their day on the busiest travel holiday weekend of the year to put together a pointed response to all this. They said they will have a proper response next week so not hearing anything else for these 4 days is fine. If monday comes and goes without a response AND a reversion of the playlist to magnum starts or at least another BR tuning, then we have a major problem.

I also don't believe that black friday should be a thing. Stores shouldn't be open on thanksgiving or the day after period. so maybe im just a curmudgeon.

Wish I could upvote this more than once. It’s a perfect example of what I was trying to say. And I even agree with your curmudgeon stance on black friday

• Upvote (+1) 4

Most of Spartan's post on Waypoint was so poor, he is realllllly not well spoken. He may be on the right side of the issue here, but constructing a coherent and convincing argument is not a skill he possesses.

Was thinking the same thing.

Wish @@SnakeBite would be the main voice representing the pros.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a casual player in Halo 2 I didn't have fun at all. Button combos sucked, weapon timers after use sucked, easy as hell to use BR sucked, Overpowered sword, overpowered plasma pistol, overpowered snipe. But yea skill gap. LOL. Halo 5 is more fun than Halo 2 . No bleedthrough. Superbounces sucked. Halo 3 was much better and still my favourite Halo. No button combos for casuals to get dumped on. A Br that has a skill gap. A snipe that has a skill gap. Weapon timers were usually after pickup, Sword wasn't OP, PP wasn't OP. Maps were better too.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 29

I've been playing Halo with AR's and Radar because its a better and more fun game than BR/GF starts.

I just want my fucking magnum back.

I've been playing classic Halos, with good settings because its a better and more fun games than Halo 5.

I just want my good Halo back.

;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a casual player in Halo 2 I didn't have fun at all. Button combos sucked, weapon timers after use sucked, easy as hell to use BR sucked, Overpowered sword, overpowered plasma pistol, overpowered snipe. But yea skill gap. LOL. Halo 5 is more fun than Halo 2 . No bleedthrough. Superbounces sucked. Halo 3 was much better and still my favourite Halo. No button combos for casuals to get dumped on. A Br that has a skill gap. A snipe that has a skill gap. Weapon timers were usually after pickup, Sword wasn't OP, PP wasn't OP. Maps were better too.

Accidental plus rep. I’m as casual as it gets when it comes to gaming and Halo 2 is GOAT.

• Upvote (+1) 4

These 343 people are so focused on numbers they are completely ignoring that how a game feels is what is important.

Eh it makes sense when you have zero creativity and don't actually play video games

edit: and I'm being serious, I don't really see many likely alternatives here if you're just an average designer looking for a steady pay check

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

God why are 343 even celebrating Thanksgiving? I live in the UK, which is a great country for Halo. Not one person I know has celebrated it! Sad! 343 Looking for more time it seems!

• Upvote (+1) 6

The 2 vs 3 conversation is honestly really tired. There are a *ton* of things about both games which were just complete shit. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 5 has/had all of the bolded though...

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 2's BR was piss easy. I have more fun in pistol battles in h5 than BR battles in h2. Also, if button glitches are soo great why hasn't any FPS incorporated them including Halo? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Halo 5 has/had all of the bolded though...

Weapon timers after use for tier two weapons I'm fine with. It was ridiculous in H2 when snipe spawned 15 secs after use or rockets 15 secs after use. Not to mention all the sniper ammo and rocket ammo crates. Plasma pistol isn't as strong in h5 as it was in h2 and h2 had so many maps with the PP in it. I agree prepatch H5 BR sucked as it was way to OP. Imagine if that was the starting weapon.  Sword is OP but got removed. Snipe got a slight nerf but still quite OP but still not as easy as H2's snipe and in H2 snipe was way more prevalent as  many maps had two snipers and snipe times were so small meaning there was always a sniper or two on the map. Remember Ivory tower sniper, or ascension sniper camping, or sanc. I could go on.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Weapon timers after use for tier two weapons I'm fine with. It was ridiculous in H2 when snipe spawned 15 secs after use or rockets 15 secs after use. Not to mention all the sniper ammo and rocket ammo crates. Plasma pistol isn't as strong in h5 as it was in h2 and h2 had so many maps with the PP in it. I agree prepatch H5 BR sucked as it was way to OP. Imagine if that was the starting weapon. Sword is OP but got removed. Snipe got a slight nerf but still quite OP but still not as easy as H2's snipe and in H2 snipe was way more prevalent as many maps had two snipers and snipe times were so small meaning there was always a sniper or two on the map. Remember Ivory tower sniper, or ascension sniper camping, or sanc. I could go on.

No fucking way in hell you an type H5 snipe is harder than H2 and keep a straight face. No fucking way. And for 2 years we had INSANE aim assist and mag on ye sniper FROM THE HIP. And we still have more than past games. AND the insane in scope magnetism. And the H5 PP is more powerful than H2's. H2 it was slow as shit so you at least ha a chance to dodge. H5 can map you with insane tracking. You're delusional. And no power weapon in the HISTORY of halo has EVER been easier than the pre patch railgun in h5 we had for 2 years. I can understand the BR was kinda easy but holy shit you're just ignoring actual stuff here.
  • Upvote (+1) 9