CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you have a source for this? Not doubting but would like to see it.

I remember the interview slightly differently than Logan does. He doesn't give any sort of numbers, just says that it "took up a lot of armor ability usage" but it didn't really change your playstyle. So they chose to give everyone sprint because all of the other abilities were a lot more unique and had more potential to change the way you approached a situation.

It's a video, but I linked it below.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/04/16/the-changes-to-halo-39-s-competitive-multiplayer.aspx

Yea Silos got it right. I didn't have the details 100% straight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand how 343 can sit here being ripped apart by their own pro's and former pro's and still have nothing to say...

It's the weekend. People are basically screaming outside of a store that is closed.

Probably won't get any real feedback until the next blog.

I am not saying 343 doesn't deserve the roast but I think ppl are taking it little over the top. Can they do it better ? Fuck yeah. But calling them names is not the best way to do it either. Just saying.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's just what it's come to unfortunately. 5 solid years of disappointment, broken launches, radio silence, lackluster features, broken promises, fumbling of Halo's IP and degrading it's legacy, glitches and issues with no fixes, alienation of their audience, zero understanding of what Halo actually is, poor management of esports, B streams in a tent and now weapon patches and maps that no-one wants.

If they started communicating frequently with what they're going to fix and why, told the truth about things (e.g. MCC) made proper announcements instead of unreliable teasers and made a Halo game that looked, sounded and played like a Halo game, I would be open to being more civil.

Until then, they are incompetent, narcissistic and bombastic developers who are the laughing stock of esports and IP mismanagement.

You are absolutely right. I am not trying to defend them. Just saying ppl shouldn't cross a certain line when it comes to criticism. Telling someone he is an idiot and expecting he will shake your hand and thank you for your criticism ? Yeah, ppl will tell me that is what they deserve, still I don't think it's right thing to do. I won't saying anything more on this, just felt I had to speak it out.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

You are absolutely right. I am not trying to defend them. Just saying ppl shouldn't cross a certain line when it comes to criticism. Telling someone he is an idiot and expecting he will shake your hand and thank you for your criticism ? Yeah, ppl will tell me that is what they deserve, still I don't think it's right thing to do. I won't saying anything more on this, just felt I had to speak it out.

When people get mad it's more likely the line gets crossed. There will always be outliers that cross it, especially for this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact 343 hasn't made a statement yet is an actual joke. 

before this weekend definitely, but i wont give them shit for taking thanksgiving weekend to be with their families.

we need something monday but i dont expect to be pleased by it. my data shows that 343 will just disappoint

• Upvote (+1) 8

The fact 343 hasn't made a statement yet is an actual joke.

They are traditional employees, so most likely they stopped working last Wednesday.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It still baffles me that they agree to remove the HCS playlist, they are so out of touch, it’s unreal.

i dont mind the idea of using the hcs playlist for the test, but no one wants to play all oddball all the time. it shouldve been weighted for 33-50% play rate and time for 10-14 days at most. they dont need to test any more than that. i dont mid the br/gf test either, but someone said it before that they didnt seem to have a next step planned for additional tuning or for reverting to magnums if no one like the settings. the fact that people may not like their decisions is beyond them and as long as even one person says the like it, they will cling to it

• Upvote (+1) 6

Totally agree. But when you have a bunch of teenagers and early 20s as your main talent you shouldn’t expect everything to always be handled with top level professionalism, especially after they feel like they’ve tried to do that for 2 years and it didn’t work. What’s worse is that every major change to HCS I can think of has come from “public outrage”. 343 has essentially conditioned the players and whole community to behave this way because it’s the only thing that leads to positive changes...

That’s at least my perspective from the outside

• Upvote (+1) 1