CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you have a source for this? Not doubting but would like to see it.

I remember the interview slightly differently than Logan does. He doesn't give any sort of numbers, just says that it "took up a lot of armor ability usage" but it didn't really change your playstyle. So they chose to give everyone sprint because all of the other abilities were a lot more unique and had more potential to change the way you approached a situation.

It's a video, but I linked it below.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/04/16/the-changes-to-halo-39-s-competitive-multiplayer.aspx

• Upvote (+1) 1

As always it would be better if they explained their decisions or felt why things weren't working before that warranted the change.

I believe I said it before but I got major deja vu to the Orlando 05 thread (among others) that debated the use of pre patch halo 2 vs post. I'm lazy and on mobile, someone should link it because it's legendary. Some brutal trash talk between pros and even had them attacking MLG.

There were a few threads that went over the pros and cons. It's been debated about for over a decade. Spread on a precision weapon is not the best way to go about balancing this. As much as I loved doing button glitches with the h2 BR, the h5 pistol is my favorite starting weapon since the CE pistol.

I really wonder what kind of data they are gathering, and am sure they gather a lot that does not have to do with this update in particular. I ask though because I wonder if any of their data shows an increase in player base, player retention, quit rate etc. that's in game stuff but regardless of the data what is the reception? There is obviously a major backlash that I haven't seen since the breakout poll. Maybe pros band together behind closed doors about other topics but idk if I were 343 I'd be worried.

H1 stream is live https://www.twitch.tv/lmegl_xo

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@MultiLockOn i hate what happened to you but damn do you feel relieved to not have make maps in this mess? This seems like a place where the only opion that matters is management's

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll try to look for it but seriously, can someone find that old Orlando 05 thread? Might be up on the gb forums.

I'll try to look for it but seriously, can someone find that old Orlando 05 thread? Might be up on the gb forums.

I thought they shut down the old MLG forums earlier this year?

I found this Team Beyond thread about Orlando 05. http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5950-how-to-access-old-classic-mlg-threads/

But if you follow ChaosTheory's link it says the forums were taken down on August 22, no year was given though.

I thought they shut down the old MLG forums earlier this year?

I found this Team Beyond thread about Orlando 05. http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5950-how-to-access-old-classic-mlg-threads/

But if you follow ChaosTheory's link it says the forums were taken down on August 22, no year was given though.

The MLG forums merged with the GB forums a few years back, what they shut down this year was the combined forums. Unfortunately there's no way to view anything from the MLG or GB forums any more. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any of you guys remember how much rep you could give back on the MLG forums?

I don't remember my total rep, I just remember towards the end I could give like +/- 27 or something. RIP MLGPro.com forums. 

The MLG forums merged with the GB forums a few years back, what they shut down this year was the combined forums. Unfortunately there's no way to view anything from the MLG or GB forums any more. 

Wayback machine / archive.org works for certain forums.

Any of you guys remember how much rep you could give back on the MLG forums?

I don't remember my total rep, I just remember towards the end I could give like +/- 27 or something. RIP MLGPro.com forums. 

Yeah I prefer the system on Beyond. People would go overboard with rep boosting, especially on the GB side of things. It kind of made if difficult for new users when one person negging them could drop them into like triple red bars. Let alone if multiple high rep users really piled on. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I prefer the system on Beyond. People would go overboard with rep boosting, especially on the GB side of things. It kind of made if difficult for new users when one person negging them could drop them into like triple red bars. Let alone if multiple high rep users really piled on. 

as a toxic power user i preferred that system

• Upvote (+1) 4

I dont think 343 need to make an apology. They tried to do some weapon changes and it didnt work out. They shouldn't have replaced the HCS playlist though.

• Upvote (+1) 1