CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Didnt we all agree overgrowth strongholds was superior to empire

Lol no. We agreed that strongholds is the only game type on that map that isnt "I should chop my hands off so I never have the choice to play this game again" bad.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If Halo 6 has the same movement mechanics as H5 i think thats ok, obviously it would be better if they just did what everyone asked of them but I think we can agree that with the right settings, H5 is ok to watch. Maybe even enjoyable. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 6

cdpn0Hx.png

I still can't believe he would just lie to our faces like that. And Josh Holmes was one of the cooler guys at 343 and actually came here pretty often, it was kind of sad to see him go. I wish some certain other higher-ups left 343 instead of him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All these people saying they want Halo 6 to be classic.. Im sorry but its not happening. 

343 will shove another advanced mechanics Titanfall shooter down our throats, and have a playerbase of 30k within 6 months of launch.

I want it to be classic. That is very different from EXPECTING it to be classic.

I fully expect Halo 6 to be a hot, new hero shooter. Actually playing like a Halo game would just be a pleasant surprise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't understand 343's inability to accept that they did something and people didn't like it. Breakout was a great example. The game mode was meh, it was okay as a change of pace, but didn't belong in competitive settings for Halo. Do one-life gametypes work for other games? Sure, but Breakout was the only gametype that featured that difference and if I remember right, shields were weaker or some shit so players died faster. It was not consistent with the actual game and the maps were junk.

How hard is it to just fucking admit you made a mistake? Like damn. Humility is a great thing and there's NOTHING wrong with making errors. You can't learn and improve without them. 343 seems to be incapable of ever coming to grips with the fact that they've screwed something up and it's one of the reasons Halo keeps going backwards. Nobody expects you to be perfect. But for the love of god they need to get real and realize that they've made bad decisions and changes and work from that point instead of building off compounding problems.

The "will we alienate our current player base by going back to classic Halo gameplay" thing is absolute horeshit, too. There's nobody left to alienate playing Halo anymore. What is there to lose? I'd go as far as assuming that if anybody is still riding out Halo right now, they're 100% ride or die with the franchise and it won't matter what you do next. So either 1) keep those 30k players OR 2) since Halo has been shit since 2010, take the fucking chance and make the change that makes the most sense for the legacy of this series.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All these people saying they want Halo 6 to be classic.. Im sorry but its not happening.

343 will shove another advanced mechanics Titanfall shooter down our throats, and have a playerbase of 30k within 6 months of launch.

Based off of Tom French's "I like some things we did, but not all of it" comment in regards to abilities, I think sprint, slide, thrust, clamber and maybe auto-stabilize stay. Ground pound and Spartan charge get removed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does the oddball playlist already feature Overgrowth as a map? I feel like oddball is the one good way to get this map on the HCS rotation. The more maps the better imo. Sorry if it is on the playlist, haven't been playing h5 this month. This may be the longest break I've had from a halo game. Enjoying cod right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Does the oddball playlist already feature Overgrowth as a map? I feel like oddball is the one good way to get this map on the HCS rotation. The more maps the better imo. Sorry if it is on the playlist, haven't been playing h5 this month. This may be the longest break I've had from a halo game. Enjoying cod right now.

it's just not a great map and i don't think it's good enough to be featured in what's supposed to be the showcase of halo multiplayer

Well if we had the ability to knock down about four or five walls on Overgrowth it would be a decent map. Too bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sweet, I wonder how many crates each team will be allowed to open before each match  :kappa:

MTA fears aside, Ghost heading a F2P Halo-like arena shooter at EA would be pretty sick. EA has been doing more with esports as of late with many of their titles.

Lol no. We agreed that strongholds is the only game type on that map that isnt "I should chop my hands off so I never have the choice to play this game again" bad.

Overgrowth SH is decent for solo queue because of how rotational it can be played, but I think it's too small for people to attempt it at any sort of high level.  There's too much segmentation for it to work like Empire, a good team "small SH" map.

I still can't believe he would just lie to our faces like that. And Josh Holmes was one of the cooler guys at 343 and actually came here pretty often, it was kind of sad to see him go. I wish some certain other higher-ups left 343 instead of him.

My guess is that this was just a miscommunication where he was under the impression something was done when it wasn't. He was definitely a good dude and did a lot for some of the smaller community efforts, and when I reached out to him he was always happy to respond.

There's no way he didn't realize that pros read the forums, and there's no way he thought he'd get away with it if he purposefully lied.

Unless he was a rogue on our side and he realized that by making the community very upset we'd make enough noise to make higher ups finally choose to remove breakout, so he lied on purpose. Imagine?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm personally going to speak to 343i with my wallet. If the next Halo's core mechanics, gameplay and content are similar to H4 or H5, I ain't gonna buy it.

Don't wanna deal with a mediocre campaign, stupid rng req packs, and incomplete multiplayer ever again. No, thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm personally going to speak to 343i with my wallet. If the next Halo's core mechanics, gameplay and content are similar to H4 or H5, I ain't gonna buy it.

Don't wanna deal with a mediocre campaign, stupid rng req packs, and incomplete multiplayer ever again. No, thank you.

If you don't like the idea of REQ packs then I assume you're not a fan of competitive Halo. The sales of reqs have contributed a lot to prize pools for our scene, and especially during the DreamHack events, we probably would not have had a significant enough prize pool to attract as much attention as we did. With that being said, I would appreciate it if 343 did not include emblems in the packs, as they're a core element of the game and should not be there simply for the purpose of widening the total pool of cosmetics - should they return in the next Halo game (which I'm 99.895%) sure they will

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

I could agree with this. After finally trying other games and then coming back to h5, I realize how horrible it is.

343 TRIED to make these mechanics work, I'll give them that. I still blame Bungie for a lot of the issues that still plague this franchise. They introduced sprint. They introduced thrust. They introduced bloom, loadouts, and equipment. Luckily, 343 took out those three things for ranked/competitive multiplayer eventually. They tried to make sprint and thrust work in an equal starts scenario. Though I absolutely believe that Halo 5 is better than both Halo 4 and base Reach, it ends up being a band-aid that does more to cover up flaws than it does to actually heal this franchise.

Most of all, Halo 6 not only has to go back to basics, it has to be a fully featured Halo game. I'm not talking about just a campaign and multiplayer. For many games, that can be defined as fully featured. But Halo has created much higher standards for itself. It needs Forge on release. It should absolutely have theater mode. It needs the file share system on release. It needs a great ranking system. The gameplay needs to be standard Halo. This franchise was great without all this crap attached to it. Don't fix what isn't broken. And I personally don't care if there's some people out there that will miss these new features. They can go play Call of Duty or games that have done Halo 5's kind of movement mechanics much better(say hello to Titanfall 2, massively underrated btw). Leave Halo to just be Halo. It's not that complicated. It's not rocket science. It's simple.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you don't like the idea of REQ packs then I assume you're not a fan of competitive Halo. The sales of reqs have contributed a lot to prize pools for our scene, and especially during the DreamHack events, we probably would not have had a significant enough prize pool to attract as much attention as we did. 

Then please, tell me how much did the REQ packs contributed to the prize pool in terms of %? 75% of the sales? 50%? 25%? How much exactly  :stern: 

"If you don't support random loot packs in which you have no idea what the heck you're getting - something that HAS NEVER BEEN APPLIED IN HALO BEFORE - you don't support competitive Halo" ???? Get out of here.

DMdhkyfV4AA6521.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2