CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can't blame current halo pros that would rather jump ship to CoD than stay with Halo, but I just wish the majority of the competitive community would agree to support older more competitive titles like Smash has in the past.

Don't get me wrong, of course I want them to support halo CE but even if chose not to and picked halo 3 I would support that because they are still supporting halo. I guess h5 and cod are relatively similar in certain aspects and a lot closer to each other than halo CE and halo 5 are but idk. I guess it's just a little sad to see it happen.

I can understand the desire to play an active title with a massive competitive player base but meh.. hope things turn around soon. I actually reinstalled halo 5 myself since a friend got an Xbox one x but after reading the changes I've had little desire to play.

They don't play for competitiveness, they play for money, that's why even if they had more fun with CoD or an older halo they will torture themselves playing halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know why they haven't been playing since WW2 release. I know if I were them and found out that I'm actually great at CoD, while I have no obligation to play Halo, I'd be getting out of here as fast as I could

I don't know why they haven't been playing since WW2 release. I know if I were them and found out that I'm actually great at CoD, while I have no obligation to play Halo, I'd be getting out of here as fast as I could

I mean the million dollar season was announced and they just finished the season at a good venue. Who would have thought at this point we didn't know the TO and they are pulling settings out of a hat to try out come December.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean the million dollar season was announced and they just finished the season at a good venue. Who would have thought at this point we didn't know the TO and they are pulling settings out of a hat to try out come December.

Maybe I'm just too negative towards 343 but this is actually what I expect from them. I'm surprised and happy when they do well but the reason I'm surprised is because what's happening right now is completely normal for Halo as a whole for the past 7 years. This was the downtime a lot of us had been talking about in the other thread where we knew pretty much no Halo was going to be being played and a new CoD that's run by a much more competent TO was coming out. We knew Huke was leaving back then etc. I'm just surprised that more people didn't try since they really have nothing to lose. Worst thing that happens is they keep playing Halo in a few weeks/months

The fact that so many pros are genuinely considering making the switch is fucking depressing.

The only reason they didn't "consider" it earlier was that they were guaranteed disproportionately large pay-outs for grinding this game. What's depressing is that this game is garbage and getting worse, not that current pros are considering better options.

I remember somewhere, someone from 343i stating that forge maps will not be used in competitive. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember somewhere, someone from 343i stating that forge maps will not be used in competitive. 

Think it was Menke in a waypoint post, now that you mention it. Sucks because now we finally have the ability to use them because of the LAND tool. 

That was when there were framerate issues. Now that the Xbox One X will solve those issues; the possibility of forge competitive maps can be revisited.

So I’m going to assume Monday is when we find out who the TO is going to be. Shame how late everything is especially with how much money MS is throwing at the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"We’re thrilled to announce that the CWL New Orleans Open is expanding! The MLG team has heard your feedback on Dallas team passes and immediately got to work to lock down additional equipment for CWL New Orleans so that we can accommodate more teams. The updated Open Bracket will now hold 256 teams, bumping the overall team total (including teams from Pools) to 272 teams!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

According to the random number selection of my roommate, the person who wins the second Str8 Rippin skin is @@Frostbite XV2. Congratulations. You are savage enough for this skin.

Pass on a thanks to your roommate for me  :kappa:

Thanks friend, GT is the same as my username. Much appreciated. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pass on a thanks to your roommate for me :kappa:

Thanks friend, GT is the same as my username. Much appreciated.

Think I already have you added honestly. I’ll send it tomorrow when I’m less intoxicated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"We’re thrilled to announce that the CWL New Orleans Open is expanding! The MLG team has heard your feedback on Dallas team passes and immediately got to work to lock down additional equipment for CWL New Orleans so that we can accommodate more teams. The updated Open Bracket will now hold 256 teams, bumping the overall team total (including teams from Pools) to 272 teams!"

Damn.

I just can't wait until I can go pro in Sea of Thieves and forget about all of this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just can't wait until I can go pro in Sea of Thieves and forget about all of this.

Accidental neg.

Legitimate worry based on 343logic: because of the backlash to these changes, 343 will be more hesitant than ever to make changes to the HCS settings.