CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i don't mean to sound like a dick but the analyst desk post-series does absolutely nothing for me, that feels like additional downtime

(i might be in the minority however)

Same.  I like a quick, 45 second breakdown of a momentum shifting play or something like that, but then get back at it. 

Check the time. He was clearly talking about the CoD announcement that  came 2 hours after. 

hehe people taking NavG posts seriously in 2017   :laughing:   Got em'

Lunchbox has just confirmed Roy did indeed retire :tear: . Lunch still plans to compete.

Clip??? Tweet?

Damage, Damage Per (Second/Minute), and Damage Per Death are all good stats I'd like to see more often.

Yes fucking please.  And those stats are actually accurate now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lunchbox has just confirmed Roy did indeed retire :tear: . Lunch still plans to compete.

You can't post a dagger to my heart and not source it...

• Upvote (+1) 1

The prospect of Lunchbox continuing to compete is exciting. I have a feeling Lunch/TB/Fal won't stick together and he'll end up retiring due to lack of top team interest and unwillingness to deal with the am scene for the first time ever, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damage, Damage Per (Second/Minute), and Damage Per Death are all good stats I'd like to see more often.

Don't be ridiculous. Perfect kills, perfect kills per second/minute, and perfect kills per death are clearly more important.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Clip??? Tweet?

You can't post a dagger to my heart and not source it...

The prospect of Lunchbox continuing to compete is exciting. I have a feeling Lunch/TB/Fal won't stick together and he'll end up retiring due to lack of top team interest and unwillingness to deal with the am scene for the first time ever, though.

My bad guys. Hes streaming right now. I asked as soon as he got on stream lol.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObeseBlushingSquidFrankerZ

• Upvote (+1) 6

Wanted to make a comment on the 'downtime' people are talking about and some reasons that it occurs.

- Teams take time to get on stage, and warm up on the station.

- Halo 5 in its current build requires dev kits, which take time to load up the map and be ready between maps.

- If there is an extended break (15 minutes for example) it is to allow people to go to the bathroom, eat some food etc. We are live for a hell of a long time throughout a day without much of a break, especially the desk host.

If you take all of this into account, there was barely any downtime at Denver. It was match after match, as quick as physically possible. 

Hopefully the new 'LAN' update means games can get started back to back a lot quicker. This will actually allow us to have some sort of time on the analyst desk to break down a game before getting into the next one, instead of having to 'fill' more time as all of this goes on. 

i think at this point its not the time but the ultra repetitive content. only so many btb clips and hw2 ads i want to see when watching competitive halo. i'd love more player interviews  and chances to get to know the competitors/teams though

i don't mean to sound like a dick but the analyst desk post-series does absolutely nothing for me, that feels like additional downtime

(i might be in the minority however)

I'd be doing:

- Discussion of the series (2 minutes)

- Interview with player from winning team (1 minute)

- Discussion of winning teams tournament prospects (1 minute)

- Mention upcoming matches (timeline) (1 minute)

- Cut to Break

So ~5 minutes, it doesn't seem like long but you can fit a lot into that space. In that time you've put a bow on the series and given a teaser for what's next.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Does anyone actually remember the last UGC ran event? There is literally a meme about their audio guy being the worst to run a Halo event. Ever.

I'm pretty sure a lot of those trashy events in terms of production were operated by P5 and co.

Why the HCS continued(s) to employ them is beyond me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd love to see LB run with some am's and give some the chance they deserve. Feel like he's the type of guy you'd want to lead you into the pro scene, but thats just me.

There's an analyst desk?

Do they invite analysts on that?

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

They should because then maybe it would be worth listening to :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The December store tournament for my area (which I believe is when they will start using LAN server, someone please correct me if wrong) will be the first Halo tournament I ever attend.

I'm pretty sure that the first Halo tourney is November 6th and should feature the new LAN server.

There's an analyst desk?

Do they invite analysts on that?

:thinking:  :thinking:  :thinking:

We're no longer allowed to use  :thinking:. All "hmm's" must be:

6RQbPtw.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

We're no longer allowed to use  :thinking:. All "hmm's" must be:

6RQbPtw.gif

I am so happy this gif exists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is what I mean and something I have mentioned before. We dont have a set time / format for the analyst desk to be used. Very rarely can we go thought maps / plays in details due to time or different TOs wanting the desk for different things. I would love nothing more than to break down a play on the desk and explain it to viewers, and its something we desperatley need to bring into the game. We need an analyst desk, not a filler desk.

what happened to that map overlay thing they had at worlds? where you could mark it up and such.

Well..shit.

I’m talking about the amount of free play, timely matches, and lack of issues directly related to the operations of the event. I’d you read more of my tweets I touched on the WB semis not being shown and how a B stream would benefit everyone, but hey if you want to take my one tweet as “this event couldn’t have been better!” then go ahead

Well this is TB. Taking someone's words and then either ignoring everything else that was said or believing without real reason that something is/may be true is what we do here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure a lot of those trashy events in terms of production were operated by P5 and co.

Why the HCS continued(s) to employ them is beyond me.

ha

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lunchbox has just confirmed Roy did indeed retire :tear: . Lunch still plans to compete.

Sad but he was definitely the weakest link. Dan or ace please.

Wouldnt shock me if naded rejoined