CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is about as flamey as it gets from PJ on Twitter. You'd think he was the Canadian with how polite he is. 

if he was Canadian he woulda tweeted this a month ago

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes it was.

EDIT: guess it depends how you wanna look at it.

343 allowed no bloom to be a thing, proceeded to actually use said no bloom gametypes in Super Slayer (as a single option) and implemented proper MLG settings into the MLG playlist which used NBNS.

Oh I see what you're saying -- my bad there. Forgot they took over managing Reach toward the end of its life. Those were dark times man I've blocked most of that sh**.

Anyone else think it’s hilarious how salty people are about Ninja when the man UNQESTIONABLY slowed his growth as a Twitch streamer by playing this shitty game as long as he did.

NavG 2020

I agree it's manipulative, but we have to be VERY careful about what we actually deem "gambling" from a legal standpoint. The ESRB can have a field day all they want and make it an auto-M rating for all I care, but saying that it's legally "gambling" is a very dangerous precedent to set.

Technically, gambling is labelled as Adults Only. A rating Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo have a very clear stance on.

Anyone else think it’s hilarious how salty people are about Ninja when the man UNQESTIONABLY slowed his growth as a Twitch streamer by playing this shitty game as long as he did.

He was competing for money. You make it seem like 343 was begging ninja not to leave

Making a game so enjoyable that someone can’t stop playing it isn’t manipulative, that person probably got amazing bang for his buck. Making someone grind through disappointment OR spend extra money to enjoy a game IS manipulative. The fact that parents should be more careful with their cards doesn’t change that.

so i ask again, do cosmetic lootboxes force you to spend money to enjoy the game? no. and dont people who buy lootboxes get exactly what they paid for? yes. they get randomized in-game content

if the issue is getting kids addicted, then there is a much larger issue than just lootboxes. these same kids will destroy themselves in front of a screen with or without lootboxes and need help far beyond banning lootboxes. i think the issue that will be resolved is that greater protection will be made around the payment, prompting an additional password through an optional kids setting.in the game client because in the end, the parents involved saved their payment info in the game client and are appalled that their kids are able to easily spend without thinking.

It's a guilty pleasure reading all the Halo 5 distaste when I haven't enjoyed it since day 1.

Fucking preach man. 

Its not even vague. Vague would be an improvement. This is literally nothing. Its a nothing statement that says nothing.

I think it means "let us enjoy the holiday in peace" which they could totally just say.

I'm not trying to defend 343 at all I just think it's pretty normal to not give a fuck about work when you're on holidays.

Its a short statement but it's not vague.

He's just saying that the settings are not locked in and that they're taking more feedback and will review on Monday.

Ie: the pros will tell them that BR starts suck and they'll go back to magnums.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I havent played really since the update. Why is the magnum supposedly better? What did t hey do to it?

The br, lr, dmr and carbine would all be better p ickupsbfor their range still right?

Its a short statement but it's not vague.

He's just saying that the settings are not locked in and that they're taking more feedback and will review on Monday.

Ie: the pros will tell them that BR starts suck and they'll go back to magnums.

He said they're still testing stuff tho. So I imagine we're not done seeing the BR get tweaked a few more times. 

I havent played really since the update. Why is the magnum supposedly better? What did t hey do to it?

The br, lr, dmr and carbine would all be better p ickupsbfor their range still right?

They didn't do anything to the pistol. That's the funny part. They nerfed everything else. So if you have a good shot, you're better off with the pistol because everything else is practically useless. This sums it up perfectly

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've come to the conclusion that 343 is owned by CoD and are intentionally trying to destroy us so they win the everlasting CoD vs Halo battle  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's a guilty pleasure reading all the Halo 5 distaste when I haven't enjoyed it since day 1.

It was a real shame having @@Deez and @@Tashi swing by to give us a glimmer of hope that 343 is turning things around (MCC fixes announced included)

But we're back to radio silence and incompetence. Just glad to see everyone including free paycheck OpTic players are onboard the distaste wagon now. (That's if OpTic players have actually been paid yet).

Remember when they said they did a survey and there never was a survey. 

Its not even vague. Vague would be an improvement. This is literally nothing. Its a nothing statement that says nothing.

It's says they're on their heels and weren't expecting this reaction. It says they have to rethink their plans and want to be left alone for the holidays. It's way better than not saying anything.

My biggest problem with the statement is that it's Josh who had to give it: Where the fuck is the community manager to relay this stuff?

• Upvote (+1) 2

so i ask again, do cosmetic lootboxes force you to spend money to enjoy the game? no. and dont people who buy lootboxes get exactly what they paid for? yes. they get randomized in-game content

if the issue is getting kids addicted, then there is a much larger issue than just lootboxes. these same kids will destroy themselves in front of a screen with or without lootboxes and need help far beyond banning lootboxes. i think the issue that will be resolved is that greater protection will be made around the payment, prompting an additional password through an optional kids setting.in the game client because in the end, the parents involved saved their payment info in the game client and are appalled that their kids are able to easily spend without thinking.

They don’t cause you to spend money to enjoy the game... unless collecting ingame things is a part of your enjoyment. That’s why I said it’s less manipulative, but still manipulative.

It’s not a question about whether or not people are getting what they paid for. It’s whether or not the the practice is psychologically manipulative. Overwatch lootboxes ARE Skinner Boxes even if they don't effect gameplay.

People who have addictive tendencies won’t “destroy” themselves unless they engage with something that exploits those tendencies. Video games are marketed to kids- which means a large number of people who lack intellectually maturity are being place in compromising positions- which leads them to make bad decisions, and massive companies are profiting from those decision.

These facts don’t absolve parents from responsibility. But that fact doesn’t absolve regulators from working to ensure that the children of their constituents can’t be nefariously exploited by a loophole in gambling laws.

• Upvote (+1) 3