CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ninja defended the atrocious CW h1z1 tourney. Can we please stop posting what he thinks?

Yeah just quit games because these pros can just waltz right into top prize money in other games. :walshy:

Hey optic you should leave hundreds of thousands on the table because of lame settings. You know how ridiculous that sounds?

There are far worsejobs than playing br starts h5

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That wasn't 343i ...

Yes it was.

EDIT: guess it depends how you wanna look at it.

343 allowed no bloom to be a thing, proceeded to actually use said no bloom gametypes in Super Slayer (as a single option) and implemented proper MLG settings into the MLG playlist which used NBNS.

The only time 343 has done something that caused me to think they're really listening to the "pro team" was introducing ZBNS settings in Reach. That had me not only pumped for the competitive side of things, but the future of Halo in general. Then Halo 4 and Halo 5 happened...

Pro Team wasn't around during Reach.

Sprint could always have been disabled, MLG chose not to for their first six iterations of settings.

343 allowed for the capability for No Bloom settings, nothing else. Wasn't ever utilized in matchmaking outside of MLGs playlist.

343 was mostly handing out candy with the Anniversary patch to appease a couple groups of fans. NBNS can't really be credited to them.

It's hilarious to me how salty people are about Ninja when the man UNQESTIONABLY slowed his growth as a Twitch streamer by playing this shitty game as long as he did.

It's hilarious to me how salty people are about Ninja when the man UNQESTIONABLY slowed his growth as a Twitch streamer by playing this shitty game as long as he did.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The real question we ought to be asking ourselves is whether or not it’s hilarious how salty people are about Ninja when the man UNQESTIONABLY slowed his growth as a Twitch streamer by playing this shitty game as long as he did

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone else cerebrate it’s comical how sour people are about Ninja when the man INDISPATUBLY slowed his magnification as a Twitch streamer by playing this filthy game as long as he did.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Ninja is what you call charismatic. Right or wrong, stupid or smart he's going to be charismatic about his breakfast or what he thinks happens to his soul after death and for some reason or another charismatic guys do all right for themselves in this world - even though they're sometimes right, wrong, stupid and smart about what they're talking about - they're going to make a splash and create friends and enemies, everyone should just chill out either way

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

The twitter embed stuff is a funky forum add-on, hoping to address it in the new year.

Speaking of mobile bugs. Is there a reason/fix for the page massively enlarging when you refresh it? https://imgur.com/a/XwBsT

I primarily use mobile for this site and have never had this happen.

For reference - I'm always using Safari on iOS.

Lol

Its happened for like the past year, ive just never asked about it. I use firefox on android.

Does this happen for anyone else? Lol

Android Chrome user, I also have not had this bug.

Can confirm that this issue does not exist using Netscape on my Sidekick II.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Lol

Its happened for like the past year, ive just never asked about it. I use firefox on android.

Does this happen for anyone else? Lol

Same here. Happens on Firefox on Android. Had to switch to Chrome to use the forum

so do cosmetic lootboxes withhold enjoyment for money? to me it isnt the same as holding gameplay/story/character content hostage. its more like this:

single-stand-superpro-toy-vendor-machine

there may be one you see that you want and you put your quarter in hoping you get it. is it manipulative to put skins behind rng? it can be frustrating and tempting to keep going until you get it but i think its only manipulative if they force to you buy lootboxes by tying it to gameplay somehow or explicitly lie about how a lootbox works. ea lied. no one knew that this was going to happen until they bought the game and those people are now forced to try and get a refund or buy what they thought was what they had bought.

the solution i think would be to implement a setting that can trigger an additional password for purchases if turned on and allow the ability to take action against companies who actively deceive customers in the way ea did

this is part of my point. are people mad about lootboxes on the whole because of the addicting nature of it or because of the money aspect. because if we're ok with kids getting addictied to their screen (holy shit at disney world i couldnt tell you the number of kids constantly hunched over their phone playing games and on facebook. like pitch a fit if they had to turn it off for a ride or show level of glued to the things) then this is purely about the ease of using the parent's credit card which should fall back on the parents. to me it seem disingenuous to stop kids from gambling and then allow them to get hooked on games if the addictiveness is what you are concerned about

Yes. Those vending machines are also manipulative. To the extent that they even encourage you to collect whole sets, and intentionally put fewer of certain items in so that you’ll pay to get the same thing over and over.

Claw machines are also manipulative.

So are trading cards.

So are arcade games.

All of these things are intentionally designed around the same manipulative concepts. but these practices aren’t created equally. Trading cards, for example actually accrue value for the owner.

Making a game so enjoyable that someone can’t stop playing it isn’t manipulative, that person probably got amazing bang for his buck. Making someone grind through disappointment OR spend extra money to enjoy a game IS manipulative. The fact that parents should be more careful with their cards doesn’t change that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes. Those vending machines are also manipulative. To the extent that they even encourage you to collect whole sets, and intentionally put fewer of certain items in so that you’ll pay to get the same thing over and over.

Claw machines are also manipulative.

So are trading cards.

So are arcade games.

All of these things are intentionally designed around the same manipulative concepts. but these practices aren’t created equally. Trading cards, for example actually accrue value for the owner.

Making a game so enjoyable that someone can’t stop playing it isn’t manipulative, that person probably got amazing bang for his buck. Making someone grind through disappointment OR spend extra money to enjoy a game IS manipulative. The fact that parents should be more careful with their cards doesn’t change that.

I agree it's manipulative, but we have to be VERY careful about what we actually deem "gambling" from a legal standpoint.  The ESRB can have a field day all they want and make it an auto-M rating for all I care, but saying that it's legally "gambling" is a very dangerous precedent to set. 

I agree it's manipulative, but we have to be VERY careful about what we actually deem "gambling" from a legal standpoint. The ESRB can have a field day all they want and make it an auto-M rating for all I care, but saying that it's legally "gambling" is a very dangerous precedent to set.

I thinks it’s pretty cut and dry- virtual slot machines that can be activated with real currency = gambling.

The real danger is letting this go unchecked.

Edit: M-rating wouldn't cut it as laws don't prevent minors from buying/playing M-rated games as ESRB is just an advisory board.

Adult Only would do the trick, but only because console makers won't license AO games.