CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I would love to be the next developer of Halo if/when 343 gets gutted. The bar is pretty low, will be easy to succeed.

It's great to see that for once the backlash against 343 is not coming from just a bunch of toxic beyonders, but pretty much the entire Halo community. From pro gamer to Warzone scrublords, everyone is hating on this thrash-tier "weapon balance" update and I love it.

Its not even the whole update, it's mainly the BR and trying to force us to use the GF mag.  As we have been saying this entire time, get rid of the randomness (even if within RRR it doesn't technically make a difference), make the BR kill faster, and level out whatever that variable aim assist nonsense is that they are using.  The changes they need to make are really simple, straightforward, common sense stuff.  It shouldn't be hard.

As right as Ninja may be, the "switch games" thing is a bit too far, it's like he'll always be bitter about not being an elite player in Halo.

I'm not sure telling a bunch of talented gamers to get the fuck out and go somewhere that'll be better for them has anything to do with being bitter. About the only thing he has to be bitter about with Halo is a scene he was dedicated to and it was run like shit up to and after he gave it up

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just despise ninja, he never stops bitching and treats his fans and viewers like shit, so I read his tweets as sort-of having the worst intentions behind them. He's generally a very bitter and whiny person and so I wouldn't be surprised if his failure in Halo subconsciously inspired him to try and take Halo down like that

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 17

When it becomes manipulative is when enjoyment is intentionally withheld, with the intention of enticing people to pay for an additional chance at enjoyment.

so do cosmetic lootboxes withhold enjoyment for money? to me it isnt the same as holding gameplay/story/character content hostage. its more like this:

single-stand-superpro-toy-vendor-machine

there may be one you see that you want and you put your quarter in hoping you get it. is it manipulative to put skins behind rng? it can be frustrating and tempting to keep going until you get it but i think its only manipulative if they force to you buy lootboxes by tying it to gameplay somehow or explicitly lie about how a lootbox works. ea lied. no one knew that this was going to happen until they bought the game and those people are now forced to try and get a refund or buy what they thought was what they had bought.

the solution i think would be to implement a setting that can trigger an additional password for purchases if turned on and allow the ability to take action against companies who actively deceive customers in the way ea did

Game's ARE often designed to be entertaining for a long time, i.e addicting. That's party how consumers determine a games value. There's nothing manipulative about making a game fun. 

this is part of my point. are people mad about lootboxes on the whole because of the addicting nature of it or because of the money aspect. because if we're ok with kids getting addictied to their screen (holy shit at disney world i couldnt tell you the number of kids constantly hunched over their phone playing games and on facebook. like pitch a fit if they had to turn it off for a ride or show level of glued to the things) then this is purely about the ease of using the parent's credit card which should fall back on the parents. to me it seem disingenuous to stop kids from gambling and then allow them to get hooked on games if the addictiveness is what you are concerned about

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's time for another Thanksgiving Roast @@FrankTheShow

That's funny, whenever I get upset about Halo I always go back to that video and rewatch it.

I was meaning to rewatch it at work this morning but got swamped with other tasks to do so never took the opportunity.

Not to pick on you specifically, but I really need to call this out this general sentiment. What else should 343 do here, you're asking for more gametypes in HCS, this is exactly what the preview playlist is supposed to address, adding in Oddball. It's already been said by 343 new forge maps without the lag problems aren't possible in H5, so they're adding in something meaningful and concrete, in addition to testing out the new settings from the tuning update.

I don't understand why everyone is shitting all over 343 for this, should they make oddball preview its own playlist? So then we have fiesta, sniper, swat, and slayer players giving input on a gametype that's supposed to be added in to the competitive mode? The population can't take another playlist, if it was made it's own playlist even fewer people would play it, and the feedback quality would be worse. This is the best choice out of a bunch of bad options, luckily it only lasts for a few weeks. The added benefit is they are able to add in BR starts as a new mode after the tuning update, not permanently but on a trial basis so we can actually get some experience playing with the new loadouts. They aren't saying this new mode is perfect, its preview and bound to have changes added in afterwards.

Not every solution is going to be perfect. I'm all for giving 343 grief when it's deserved, but I wish more people here could recognize why moves like this are made and not immediately trash them just for updating the game and maybe trying to make it better.

Your opinion destroyed Halo 5.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone else having an issue with embedded tweets not loading when viewing on mobile the last couple days?

The twitter embed stuff is a funky forum add-on, hoping to address it in the new year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone know if SADES SA810S are any good?? Need a new pair of headphones.

They look like a cheap toy so I'm gonna go with no

I've taken nothing ninja says seriously since he tried to defend halo 4 and then tried to shit on halo 5 when he went to h1z1.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've taken nothing ninja says seriously since he tried to defend halo 4 and then tried to shit on halo 5 when he went to h1z1.

Halo 4 was shit; however, it was truly their first game PLUS a lot of very interesting people were joining the team. What excuse do they have now, as a full team, with massive amount of time to do this game, to not have a fun/complete Halo game? Sometimes I don't take him seriously either, but sometimes shit goes south so quick, so fast, that even @@Cooper could be 100% right, and you have to agree with him. Maybe not today, but maybe tomorrow, next week, who knows, you will.

2ppbpr9.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like Ninja cucked you at some point in your life geez that's a lot of unnecessary anger.

Been following him since 2011 and how annoying he is has scaled up with how successful he's gotten. He's said some ridiculous things over the years and the way he talks to his supporters on stream nowadays is astounding at times. Only way you can disagree is if you haven't been watching lately.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I just despise ninja, he never stops bitching and treats his fans and viewers like shit, so I read his tweets as sort-of having the worst intentions behind them. He's generally a very bitter and whiny person and so I wouldn't be surprised if his failure in Halo subconsciously inspired him to try and take Halo down like that

He was one of the few people who streamed and played and tried to prop up the franchise through the dark days.  Unfortunately those days never truly went away and he left for more fruitful ventures.  He hits hard sometimes sure, but lets not pretend like he is the only person voicing those opinions or that they aren't warranted in most cases.

Anyone else having an issue with embedded tweets not loading when viewing on mobile the last couple days?

I always have.  have to refresh on desktop and mobile constantly to get them to pop-up.

Lots of people tried to defend Halo 4.  Lots of people wanted it to be good so badly and knew that their livelihood may very well hang on how the game is perceived.  If you haven't noticed, the people defending Halo 4 that are still prominent today are not pulling the same shit with Halo 5.  They are very critical of H5.  They are also older now and have probably grown up a bit.  Personally, i'm not going to hold stuff people said years ago when they were kids about something as trivial as video game design against them. That just seems silly.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm still just curious to hear announcements about HWC18. I've been unable to get information on it, and Simms has told me they also have ZERO information on it or who is running it. Does that mean MLG? Or does it mean NGE, Mellenial, P5, or a non-endemic production company  :thinking: .

Welcome!

• Upvote (+1) 3