CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

https://twitter.com/FrostyBB/status/933217760540102658

https://twitter.com/Shotzzy/status/933175974211940352

I've enjoyed this game for two years, definitely the best Halo since H3, but I've barely touched it since the update (the longest I've ever gone without playing H5, easily). The good news is that I'm finally replaying W3 with all DLC ... 'Blood and Wine' is the bomb

Frosty quitting and leaving another 125k check on the table. I'll believe when i see it
  • Upvote (+1) 8

https://twitter.com/Shotzzy/status/933175974211940352

I've enjoyed this game for two years, definitely the best Halo since H3, but I've barely touched it since the update (the longest I've ever gone without playing H5, easily).  The good news is that I'm finally replaying W3 with all DLC ... 'Blood and Wine' is the bomb

Yeah, anybody who likes single player games and hasn't played the Witcher 3 should buy it with both of its expansions

check this out when you have 5 free minutes

I love some of this guys stuff not only because its sick but because some of the stuff is so out there that if you didn't actually play the game a decent amount you can't even understand why the clip was crazy at some points

• Upvote (+1) 3

I love some of this guys stuff not only because its sick but because some of the stuff is so out there that if you didn't actually play the game a decent amount you can't even understand why the clip was crazy at some points

This. I actually have to go back and watch clips just to figure out what happened and fully appreciate it. It's kind of mind boggling that I didn't know you could do most of this stuff, considering the amount I used to play and watch Halo 2 content.

Which begs the question, could you do this stuff on the OG Xbox H2 as well? I know about that spot in top mid lockout (though I've never seen it from that angle or for a triple), and that spawn trap thing he did on Truth (there's another on one Lockout's snipe ramp that makes people spawn BR2), but I haven't seen the other stuff.

Does anyone know what happened to Kampy?

He played in our FFA for a lot of months in a row and stopped cold turkey. Hope he’s ok.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know what happened to Kampy?

He probably just got burnt out on the game, which isn't surprising. I still see him hosting people on Twitch from time to time. 

I can barely understand what is happening in most of the clips. Makes me feel like I'm just not getting something. How is he getting credit for kills when he just watches his teammate shoot them?

• Upvote (+1) 1

woah.

Its totally fucked I just played a game with 2 champions, plat players, and people doing their placements. Nobody is on this shit

It's fucking ridiculous that 343i thinks that they know better then us at this point...like if you knew better then we did then why has every 343i Halo game has had terrible population numbers and Halo 5 wouldn't be in the pitiful state it currently is right now.

But nah they know better then us...If 343 would just swallow there damn pride and listen to us they probably wouldn't be in this scenario.

woah.

i haven't touched this game since march when i played a few games with @@ssbChad and my aimer felt like it was in molasses. before that i hadnt played for almost 3 months. basically a year without halo. it sucks hoping that something will change that will want to pull me back in but if 343 keeps on in this direction, i wont have any reason to reinstall. i used to spend all day playing halo and watching it implode because of horrible dev decisions is painful

I am still wondering how Phil Spencer is allowing 343 to do whatever the fuck they want. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

these are valid points, but going back to overwatch, and playing some devil's advocate, you could then argue that the game itself is just as addictive. getting exp and seeing your rank rise and fall with pretty colors and flashing lights triggers that same rewards system that the lootboxes do. what we might call a grind to rank progress may be destructive to some and the game wants you in front of it as much as possible. if someone has the same tendancy to get addicted to lootboxes, they will probably be addicted to the game which can be just as harmful.

so what is the line we want to draw? is it keeping kids from spending their parents money? or is it enticing kids by triggering addictive tendencies? if it is just the money, then the responsibility lies on the parents to protect their accounts. if it is the addictive tendencies, then we could be seeing a lot of changes to the gaming world

You arent really playing devils advocate. Game's ARE often designed to be entertaining for a long time, i.e addicting. That's partly how consumers determine a games value. There's nothing manipulative about making a game fun.

When it becomes manipulative is when enjoyment is intentionally withheld, with the intention of enticing people to pay for an additional chance at enjoyment.

i haven't touched this game since march when i played a few games with @@ssbChad and my aimer felt like it was in molasses. before that i hadnt played for almost 3 months. basically a year without halo. it sucks hoping that something will change that will want to pull me back in but if 343 keeps on in this direction, i wont have any reason to reinstall. i used to spend all day playing halo and watching it implode because of horrible dev decisions is painful

For the record I haven't felt like I had heavy aim since the patch for it at the end of the summer. If the precision weapon changes get rolled back and we have pistol starts, the game will be in a better state than when you played last. Not that I'm holding out hope for that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

shit has hit the proverbial fan.

I matched with Mikwen in Oddball last night. I went into that game so pumped, felt the weirdness of the BR, psyched myself out, and caused us to lose the game. Feels bad man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

there were signs of life at the start of Halo 5. X Games, Regionals and First Worlds were hype and very good.

After that it all has gone downhill. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's great to see that for once the backlash against 343 is not coming from just a bunch of toxic beyonders, but pretty much the entire Halo community. From pro gamer to Warzone scrublords, everyone is hating on this thrash-tier "weapon balance" update and I love it.

• Upvote (+1) 2