CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

not being funny but the fact that adam came and commented here and said that he "isnt even going to comment on halo" tells me that its not MLG. Sorry guys

ALL ABOARD THE MOTHER FUCKING HYPE TRAIN

I'm excited that 343 might allow multiple TOs to run regular events so we have plenty of options and more people have access. Not to mention the grassroots scene being able to do its own thing again! FeelsLANMan

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok I could be reading a little into this one but don't you guys think it's almost certain that he's talking about some sort of Halo announcement here?

Check the time. He was clearly talking about the CoD announcement that  came 2 hours after. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm worried that 343 will allow multiple TOs to run sub-par events so we have plenty of agony and more misery. Not to mention audio issues, dropped frames, no second streams and not seeing all the matches again! 

Sigh, if it's not MLG...

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At this point you just have to hope the local Microsoft store LANs increases interest in Halo. And if there is enough growth in the scene leading into the next Halo, maybe they can justify getting MLG to host events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Tashi, do you mind sharing a really rough timeline for announcing partner TOs? (By December holidays, etc.)

• Upvote (+1) 6

At this point, I would be happier if Halo found its own identity again without MLG. Halo it's not what it was and MLG wouldn't bring it back overnight (certainly not with H5). Let's just hope, whoever will run the show, will learn from past mistakes and will bring format and qualities that can help Halo grow.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If it's not MLG, which is likely because Activision-Blizzard compete with Microsoft, then we will be fine as long as the people running the tournaments give a damn. The best way to show that you give a damn is to:

a) Look for feedback, negative/constructive/positive so you know what to fix and what is going well. Specifically here as we have the most active threads about competitive Halo. It's obvious that @@TheSimms, @@Onset, @@Wonderboy and @@GoldenboyFTW give a damn because they all do exactly that.

b) Implement these changes and let us know why there are delays/issues/setbacks so we can empathise.

Radio silence feels like they don't care at all. That's why I got very optimistic when @@Tashi started posting again (You too @@Deez!) because it feels like there has been some behind-the-scenes changes in leadership and direction that have made them want to be more open.

I could be looking into this too much, but as stated before: I'm a long-term Halo fan. It's my duty to be overhyped.

• Upvote (+1) 9

At this point you just have to hope the local Microsoft store LANs increases interest in Halo. And if there is enough growth in the scene leading into the next Halo, maybe they can justify getting MLG to host events.

The December store tournament for my area (which I believe is when they will start using LAN server, someone please correct me if wrong) will be the first Halo tournament I ever attend.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Check the time. He was clearly talking about the CoD announcement that  came 2 hours after. 

I can't tell if you're intentionally misinterpreting the tweet to mess with me or not.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i don't mean to sound like a dick but the analyst desk post-series does absolutely nothing for me, that feels like additional downtime

(i might be in the minority however)

I feel like the analyst desk segments are really just their to stall for time. Simply Reading off K/D and a isn't "analysis".
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Why is damage never talked about? It's always K/D with assists - but fuck showing damage. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

All of these stats are useful in some way. But without context its hard to argue that an analysis is really taking place.

The tools probably arent there, but it would be much better if they broke down plays. Don't just tell my how much damage Renegade dealt over the course of a game, show me how the damage he dealt impacted a specific flag run.

• Upvote (+1) 5