CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343 obviously think we're really thick, and it's honestly so fucking offensive when we try and try to trust them, again and again.

It's absolutely clear what 343 are trying to do here. 

They've nerfed all the weapons in the playlist and kept the Magnum how its meant to be. Because they've nerfed all the weapons, they are claiming that the Magnum is too OP and therefore we cannot have it at as starting weapon - instead of nerfing the magnum too (or leaving everything as it was).

Why are they doing this, might you ask?

As they have previously stated, 343 intend to merge the HCS and Team Arena playlist (Due to population issues). In order to do that they need to find a weapon combo that casuals will happily use in a competitive playlist, hence the Battle Rifle/Gunfighter starts. The insulting part is, they cannot tell us the truth, and instead have to shove lies down our throat telling us 'the Magnum is OP'.

Well guess what 343, we're not fucking stupid, and we know exactly what the fuck you're doing, now have some respect, and stop trying to shove obvious lies down our throats.

Maybe we are fucking stupid because I don't think anyone else here had it figured out.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Maybe we are fucking stupid because I don't think anyone else here had it figured out.

343 is NavG, confirmed.

343 is NavG, confirmed.

This kind of toxic behavior is precisely why 343 made this weapons update.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Who was it that was arguing with me that making the HCS playlist Oddball only for weeks was a reasonable idea? Don't make me find and quote you..

I don’t think it was me, but to be fair the problem is that 343 doesn’t seem to listen. Not that they wanted a test playlist. If they listened and made changes based on feedback it would be fine

"The pistol isn't competitive"

*every pro and high level player disagrees and asks for pistols back

"Nah our data shows you guys are wrong"

I honestly want to know how much some of these guys even play the game. Hell I want to know that dude's rank that said this. Seriously if we want to talk about "conmpetitive" let's talk about heavy aim. Or blank shots. Or the actual aiming. Or the 3 tier weapon system. Or sprint. Or aim assist and mag. Or the sniper. In my eyes a weapon that's slightly "easier" but is more consistent is a more "competitive" weapon. But what the fuck do I know I don't have all this sweet sweet 343 data.

Nah the pistol isn't "competitive".

I mean I see why he says the pistol is "op" even though in this instance since everyone spawns with one and this isn't class based or anything that isn't even necessarily a problem. They simply made almost everything else in the game literal trash that isn't fun to play with whatsoever. So the obvious solution is to just remove the pistol or something instead of, you know, balancing around the pistol that we've spent the entire game using, they created skins for, and signed contracts with orgs to sell skins for. Nah fuck it use the terrible and unenjoyable BR

Really I don't see the issue with the pistol replacing a bunch of shitty pistol replacements and leaving LR/DMR on bigger maps as pick ups. Its more fun to play with anyways. Dont need 7 flavors of the same gun

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 needs to stop using H5 as a beta test for H6. The game was built around Magnum starts and advanced movement. Now 2 years later they gut half the sandbox, and force a starting weapon that is terrible in a high movement environment.

They won't put in the effort to forge new maps to test these new settings, so we're stuck playing Halo 5 and a half? Meanwhile we're left in the dark about the next title and the TO. We're also being lied to about how the magnum is OP, and that Overgrowth is balanced.

I just want to play the game I spent 60 bucks on, not this floating corpse in an ocean of bad decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i cant believe that these settings will be shoved into their biggest competitive *Halo* event of the year

Bigger things going on in the competitive gaming world lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fundamental problem with pretty much all of their weapon rebalancing attempts so far is that they absolutely refuse to let go of their ridiculous obsession with making everything viable, because they seem to believe they are making a load out-based shooter like CoD. At first, the problem was that all of their redundant weapons were straight upgrades to the starting weapons (still true of the weapons they didn't touch like the Storm Rifle, BPR, and Light Rifle). Now they've mostly nerfed a bunch of shit in order to artificially create some completely trivial niches that add nothing to the game and the natural result of that is that the magnum, which used to get stepped on by all of those weapons, is actually consistently viable at most ranges.

To their horror, they've actually made the magnum a better utility weapon in the context of their goofball sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The winner of the Str8 Rippin skins, according to my mothers random number pick (I had to call her for this, my roommate isn't here) is @@Bad Dub.

Congrats and send me your GT.

McVeigh is my GT. You're a legend!  :ace:  

EDIT: I would also love to see how the Overgrowth data is analysed. What criteria do they actually use to suggest its a good competitive map? If Overgrowth passed they need to rethink that criteria.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Today was a depressing day on the forums and Twitter.

I'm actually super happy how many pros decided to speak up.

Ninja did good moving on from this mess, he would also wreck them on livestream with probably a higher viewercount than proleague streams

@Infinity is there a reason I don't get notifications when people mention me?

That could have been my fault because I forgot the space in your name and then had to edit it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bigger things going on in the competitive gaming world lol.

I dont know what other event 343 is doing that will be bigger for them than worlds. I said worlds was their biggest event of the year

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am just glad that cod ww2 came out in time. Made my transition from h5 easier. I truly feel sorry for the pros and the orgs. If this was my job, I'd be updating my resume and looking elsewhere. For years the core halo fans hold out hope that halo will be great again. I think 343 has a proven record of failing miserably at that. I think I will at least load up h5 one last time to buy the Str8 skins and then view the magnum in Custom since it's not in the game. Then probably shut h5 off for good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm thinking he worded it wrong, but doesn't that sound like the best way to voice your opinion against Overgrowth is to quit every Overgrowth game?

time to pull out my army of smurfs

at this point quitting a game of Halo 5 is nearly as fun as playing it

• Upvote (+1) 4