CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm really glad that 343 chose to disallow EVERYONE OUTSIDE OF PRO $8s KIDS from playing HCS for 1-3 weeks so everyone could be forced to test their BR Oddball settings, it's really helping out the game at a time when its' population is nearing emergency levels.

He said this about Overgrowth further down.

"Looking at stats that measure competitiveness (OG is more competitive than at least half our pre-existing maps), blue/red balance (near 50/50), and quit rates (lowest playtest quit rate), Overgrowth is performing very well."

I'm thinking he worded it wrong, but doesn't that sound like the best way to voice your opinion against Overgrowth is to quit every Overgrowth game? He did talk about hearing subjective opinions as well, so maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on this.

I guarantee their data doesn't measure people backing out in the lobby.

• Upvote (+1) 1

snip

Furthermore, call your representatives. Phone calls in these situations are crucial, as are unique comments that can't be passed off as bots by Ajit Pai and the FCC. They truly can make all the difference, as this isn't the first time we've had to defend net neutrality. If you want to find out who your representatives are, use this link. 

https://callyourrep.co/

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%E2%80%93-november-21/8323b062-e501-481c-8555-4a943352124c/posts?page=1

Josh Menke basically confirming that the magnum isn't coming back no matter what.

(The quote comes from a reply to the thread, scroll down a bit.)

Then I hope they plan on going back and adding a BR skin and a better designed Gunfighter skin for all the HCS weapon skins I bought.

I have no idea when it was decided that the Magnum was suddenly overpowered but man, I want to go back to that time and stop that person from ever pushing that idea.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Joshua Menke is killing this fucking game.

He isn't a multiplayer designer probably has no say in what goes in sandbox wise. Pretty sure all this has to do with Quinn/whoever else tunes the sandbox. He is however the only one that seems to actually talk to the community on regular and transparent basis.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I called this shit weeks ago.

I predicted this update would offhandedly make the Magnum a seemingly easier weapon, and nobody believed me.

Well look where we are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah man. H4 gauss was simply unkillable

It had a slower rate of fire than the H3 Gauss, which had a slower rate of fire than the H2 Gauss.

The H4 Gauss also featured the Reach vehicle health mechanic where you could actually whittle it down over time and eventually make it blow up with passengers inside.

The H2 Gauss featured H2's system where vehicles could not be destroyed as long as they still had someone inside them.

The main difference in H2 vs H4 that made H4's seem more broken is the fact that the map where H4 Gauss was prominent (Exile) was a flat canyon while H2 Gauss was prominent on the tall as fuck Headlong and semi tall, cramped Zanzibar. There wasn't leg room for the hog to go where it wanted. Map design balanced the vehicle.

It had a slower rate of fire than the H3 Gauss, which had a slower rate of fire than the H2 Gauss.

The H4 Gauss also featured the Reach vehicle health mechanic where you could actually whittle it down over time and eventually make it blow up with passengers inside.

The H2 Gauss featured H2's system where vehicles could not be destroyed as long as they still had someone inside them.

Can we just bring back the Reach Gauss that could shoot through Forge walls? @@Sitri

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 seriously cannot get out of their own way. The game needed minor changes, not rebalancing the whole fucking thing around guns no one wants.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Everyone who bought skins should be refunded if BRs are indeed the primary weapon now. 343 should be ashamed of themselves for their monumental stupidity, lack of foresight, and inability to consider all factors when making decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If I had to guess, this is a miscommunication between teams and Menke doesn't know enough about sandbox design to comment accurately.

The guy has always tried to be super communicative (whereas other employees are not) so he might have simply overstepped or misspoken.

No, I think it makes perfect sense. 343 clearly spent a ton of time into rebalancing the BR into a starting weapon. Going back to the magnum would mean all of that work was for nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 clearly spent a ton of time into rebalancing the BR into a starting weapon. 

vfG79vG.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9

Halo 5 has terrible playlist management. One thing that I think OW does really well is its playlist management and it’s something I hope H6 copies. You have one ranked playlist and it uses the same settings the pros use in tournaments. You have one playlist that uses the same settings but is unranked. Last, you have a third playlist with multiple playlists that fall within it that are all unranked. This is where you will find things like zombies, swat, BTB... whatever. Halo would benefit immensely from the trimmed down playlist management of most modern competitive games. Nobody cares that you have a champ 20 in swat. Don’t pretend your games is “esports focused” if the playlist with the setting used in tournaments is at the bottom of a list of other RANKED game types.

• Upvote (+1) 8

There will be an announcement from Team Liquid sometime between now and Thanksgiving (sorry I can't give more solid date) regarding their future plans with Halo.

8ARsWpJ.gif

Looking like it will be after Thanksgiving after all. There is something holding up the announcement.

Halo 5 has terrible playlist management. One thing that I think OW does really well is its playlist management and it’s something I hope H6 copies. You have one ranked playlist and it uses the same settings the pros use in tournaments. You have one playlist that uses the same settings but is unranked. Last, you have a third playlist with multiple playlists that fall within it that are all unranked. This is where you will find things like zombies, swat, BTB... whatever. Halo would benefit immensely from the trimmed down playlist management of most modern competitive games. Nobody cares that you have a champ 20 in swat. Don’t pretend your games is “esports focused” if the playlist with the setting used in tournaments is at the bottom of a list of other RANKED game types.

This is unrelated, but I think it's a funny story.

My Microsoft store ran a 2v2 tournament for the Xbox One X launch (my team won, but that's irrelevant to the story). This one guy keeps bragging about how good he is, how he never misses, that he's expecting to win, and that he is an amazing swat player. Then proceeds to lose his first game 25-2. He stands up, proclaims "I have better ways to spend my time" and walks out, leaving his partner alone part way through a series in winner's bracket.

I almost lost it, like who does that?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Looking like it will be after Thanksgiving after all. There is something holding up the announcement.

TeamLiquid the new TO confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 2