CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This twitter convo is hilarious for the wrong reasons. 343 will never get it. Giving the middle finger to the 500 people that still play Halo 5 to go back to its roots is a bad trade off apparently.

She's pissing me off with that small convo.

1) People don't want to spend time, credits, and energy in loot boxes so I can get 3 Seeker helmets in a row from gold packs (Which HAPPENED TO ME BTW THANK YOU VERY MUCH) I wanna be able to pursue an armor or skin or something specific without spending real money and without a huge factor of randomness. In Halo 3, in Halo Reach and in even Halo 4 I knew how to get an armor or how far I was to get it. If I want Mark V in Halo 5, I need to either pray to god to ever get it on a random loot box or get the classic pack with real money.

2) The quality in the free updates was below average. Remixed maps that can't be used properly for HCS? Gametypes that were supposed to be at launch? Thank you for giving me Oddball +2 years after the game released........... but I want it at launch next time. Quality content is more important than quantity. I'm pretty sure some people at Beyond would pay 20 dollars for a decent map pack than spend any money whatsoever on Gold packs or even like the updates because there's no significant quality to say: "Damn, this update was worth the many months of wait, I can finally play the gametype that was supposed to be at launch, wohoo"

3) Good idea about the team skins, but again, 2 years after release? You lost your chance to be acknowledged by at least 50% of the people who bought the game. You want something significant to happen or contribute or people download your packs? MAKE THEM AT LAUNCH, LIKE IDK, GEARS OF WAR? Nobody in my friends list gives a crap about Halo 5, and the updates, and the skins, and everything. So congratulations for releasing those packs, hope they sell well and I really hope the people buy it, like it; however, you're too late with this game for me, for my family and for my friends, I'm out.

#BadGrammar

During the livestream like a month ago.  They are starting a "flighting" program in the spring to do larger scale public tests of new MCC builds.

I was talking about this, not MCC being fixed :p

>But unfortunately 343 has been on record stating that “they won’t support a game they didn’t make”. 

:ace:

Tom really laid into 343 there, and any time an eSports professional bring up the net neutrality issue is a huge positive. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol are people actually arguing against combining HCS and Team Arena again? That was one of the dumbest moves the playlist management team has made (and they have made plenty of those) and I'm glad they're finally reversing it. This game has neither the population nor the ranking system to have a decent competitive/MLG style playlist, especially when there is an almost identical playlist that on top of the list and literally called TEAM ARENA.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

I'm glad someone like Tom made a video like this, because he owns a team and is investing in Halo and if 343 sees that the people funding their scene and supporting it are frustrated and are publicly sharing these frustrations, other org owners and investors will be less interested in the scene until these things are changed.  Its something i wish more people invested in the Halo scene did.  I know hecz has done it a few times and it seemed to have an influence.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The biggest hurdle to a successful unified playlist is radar preferences.

Every other disagreement between communities can be resolved with a properly balanced sandbox and a solid approach to the loadouts.

As far as the loadout goes, having a CE magnum-esque primary (low min TTK, high avg TTK) with a BR-esque secondary (moderate min and avg TTK), would benefit the prevailing preferences throughout the skill spectrum w/o compromising anyone's experience.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The biggest hurdle to a successful unified playlist is radar preferences.

Every other disagreement between communities can be resolved with a properly balanced sandbox and a solid approach to the loadouts.

As far as the loadout goes, having a CE magnum-esque primary (low min TTK, high avg TTK) with a BR-esque secondary (moderate min and avg TTK), would benefit the prevailing preferences throughout the skill spectrum w/o compromising anyone's experience.

Non-automatic loadout weapons is another big hurdle.

Of course, I'd take the compromise of limiting automatic loadouts to Social/non-Ranked play, which seems to be the direction they are taking for Halo 5

My fear now is that because BR/GF has pretty much been swatted down by the community, the chances of seeing global Magnum-only starts for Ranked Arena are very slim.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm becoming pessimistic that universal settings will ever become viable in Halo. The communities are simply too different.

I disagree.

Rather, the communities have been conditioned to behave separately, and differently than any other AAA game community on the market.

If something is busted in Call of Duty, people complain about it and it gets tuned.

If something is busted in Halo, the competitive community bandwagons for its removal from "competitive settings" and the casual community mindlessly defends it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

what if casuals want to play ranked though?

we are the minority and always have been

Frankly, they'll be fine. Its time for halo players to get over this mentality that every playlist needs to be ranked.  Frankly, a lot of shit that is ranked just doesn't deserve it.  

What I see happenning with the HCS/Team Arena merge is that Team Arena could include more gametypes than are in the list of official HCS gametypes.  They would have to still be competitively viable of course.  No Overgrowth Ball or shit like that. I dont necessarily agree with that, but thats the middle ground i see 343 landing on.

Which account? He had like 8-10.

Social Skirmish doesn't exist anymore - its population was pretty low.

I'm sure when they combine the TA/HCS playlists, Social Skirm will come back.

I was talking about this, not MCC being fixed :p

>But unfortunately 343 has been on record stating that “they won’t support a game they didn’t make”. 

:laughing: welp shit im a little stupid

I didn't play Arena for like 8 months, only played Proving Grounds and then HCS.

I'm now a champ in Arena and it's fucking sad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Non-automatic loadout weapons is another big hurdle.

Of course, I'd take the compromise of limiting automatic loadouts to Social/non-Ranked play, which seems to be the direction they are taking for Halo 5

My fear now is that because BR/GF has pretty much been swatted down by the community, the chances of seeing global Magnum-only starts for Ranked Arena are very slim.

I think most people would get over the lack of AR, because the BR is similarly enjoyable for people who don't have the best aim skill.

Casuals loved H2 and H3 and they hardly ever touched the automatics in their loadout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

y3BS5u6.pngy3BS5u6.png

i love no holds barred T2. i hope he is able to lobby for some better setting in a meaningful way.if these weapons are as bad as everyone says, then it is appalling that they would be shoe-horned in a month and a half before the world's season could potentially begin

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%E2%80%93-november-21/8323b062-e501-481c-8555-4a943352124c/posts?page=1

Josh Menke basically confirming that the magnum isn't coming back no matter what.

(The quote comes from a reply to the thread, scroll down a bit.)

Joshua Menke is killing this fucking game.

• Downvote (-1) 1

The fuck they taking the magnum away for? Damn 343 is useless to the end. 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%E2%80%93-november-21/8323b062-e501-481c-8555-4a943352124c/posts?page=1

Josh Menke basically confirming that the magnum isn't coming back no matter what.

(The quote comes from a reply to the thread, scroll down a bit.)

He said this about Overgrowth further down.

"Looking at stats that measure competitiveness (OG is more competitive than at least half our pre-existing maps), blue/red balance (near 50/50), and quit rates (lowest playtest quit rate), Overgrowth is performing very well."

I'm thinking he worded it wrong, but doesn't that sound like the best way to voice your opinion against Overgrowth is to quit every Overgrowth game? He did talk about hearing subjective opinions as well, so maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on this.

• Upvote (+1) 4

He said this about Overgrowth further down.

"Looking at stats that measure competitiveness (OG is more competitive than at least half our pre-existing maps), blue/red balance (near 50/50), and quit rates (lowest playtest quit rate), Overgrowth is performing very well."

I'm thinking he worded it wrong, but doesn't that sound like the best way to voice your opinion against Overgrowth is to quit every Overgrowth game? He did talk about hearing subjective opinions as well, so maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on this.

If we introduce a map where the players just stand still and take turns playing a slot machine, win rates will also be 50/50 on a long enough timeline. I guess that would make it the most competitive map ever!!

• Upvote (+1) 1