CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo really can't be on a 3 year development cycle anymore. It doesn't work in this day and age on consoles.

Well it could if they released a good game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo really can't be on a 3 year development cycle anymore. It doesn't work in this day and age on consoles.

We had Halo Wars 2 this year though. Yea, I know what you mean but unless MS brings in another studio this will be the norm.

Longer development cycles can work if the game is decent enough to maintain a playerbase to support it, and if there is a content road map in place. Just look at Rainbow 6 Siege. I have more than a few former Halo players on my friends list who I see on that game on a daily basis. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

id rather wait longer for a great h6 than have shitty games thrown out every year. im ready for the h5 days to end but i would rather another year of h5 to ensure a good h6 than to have 343 rush h6. hopefully the mcc rework will be good enough to hold us over until h6 is ready, working, and includes forge

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't believe I didn't see this anywhere in the thread... maybe I missed it or it went unnoticed since it was in a reply instead of the initial update by Josh.

Our endgoal is to land on settings for Worlds, including the final gametypes, replace Team Arena with those, and then the HCS playlist goes away until we need to preview settings again. So we want to get back to just one main comp list that has the HCS settings in it.So basically we get the HCS playlist back like before, but it'll be named Team Arena like it used to be.

This is a huge deal, and if you follow my posts you know that I've been against their split since the beginning. It'll mean that Team Arena resumes its purpose as THE competitive playlist and put HCS gametypes back at the top of the list.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You're pretty good at that yourself

giphy.gif

Before anyone asks, this was his 5th ban in a span over 6 months. We are always open to those with other opinions on matter(s), but please try and conduct yourself in a manner that isn't slandering staff and members with insults and false accusations. We felt as a staff it was time to be dealt with on a permanent basis.

-------------

Excited for thanksgiving break, can't wait to play some more Assassin's Creed Origins and finish the CoD WWII campaign.

RIP my friend 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't believe I didn't see this anywhere in the thread... maybe I missed it or it went unnoticed since it was in a reply instead of the initial update by Josh.

This is a huge deal, and if you follow my posts you know that I've been against their split since the beginning. It'll mean that Team Arena resumes its purpose as the competitive playlist and put HCS gametypes back at the top of the list.

idk if this is a good thing

casual players don't want to play HCS and competitive players don't like the new HCS settings

who wins in this scenario?

idk if this is a good thing

casual players don't want to play HCS and competitive players don't like the new HCS settings

who wins in this scenario?

Settings can be changed and casual players can play Social Skirmish.  Pretty much everybody hates the BR starts.  Even the vast majority of people posting on Waypoint think its bad.

Its time for Halo to stop this nonsense of having a million ranked playlists.

We had Halo Wars 2 this year though. Yea, I know what you mean but unless MS brings in another studio this will be the norm.

At least with the latest expansion to HW2, looks like well be seeing the flood again in halo, and hopefully along with the flood, we see classic game settings  :)

And yes, i know those are some serious mental gymnastics lol

I'm becoming pessimistic that universal settings will ever become viable in Halo. The communities are simply too different.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Settings can be changed and casual players can play Social Skirmish.  Pretty much everybody hates the BR starts.  Even the vast majority of people posting on Waypoint think its bad.

Its time for Halo to stop this nonsense of having a million ranked playlists.

what if casuals want to play ranked though?

we are the minority and always have been

I think every time Beyond bans someone, should unban someone else. Maybe bring Reiku back?  :kappa:

Which account? He had like 8-10.

Settings can be changed and casual players can play Social Skirmish.  

Social Skirmish doesn't exist anymore - its population was pretty low.

Nothing wrong with a 3 year cycle. The game just needs to be good. Rainbow 6 Seige is just 2months younger than H5, yet its a top 5 game on xbl.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This twitter convo is hilarious for the wrong reasons. 343 will never get it. Giving the middle finger to the 500 people that still play Halo 5 to go back to its roots is a bad trade off apparently.

what if casuals want to play ranked though?

we are the minority and always have been

I think you're bringing to light two different problems: settings and unnecessary fragmentation.

Fragmentation of similar audiences is such a big problem.

They have gone on record and claimed that Team Arena is the competitive playlist of Halo 5. Then what does that make HCS? A more competitive, competitive playlist? Isn't that just admitting that Team Arena is not using the most competitive settings?

343 is making a move that takes some guts, that may not be the most popular, to put the game in a better spot. If you're wanting to play ranked objective games, then welcome to the most competitive playlist. Otherwise, go play something else.

As for the settings, we can only hope that they hear the overwhelming feedback and stop the campaign for BR/Gunfighter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I apologise if I missed it in the past week or two, but did they ever explain why they are trying out BR/Gunfighter starts?

I apologise if I missed it in the past week or two, but did they ever explain why they are trying out BR/Gunfighter starts?

Change for the sake of change. HCS population is literal ass and most focus is probably on H6 so they're just throwing paint at the wall. They didn't exactly say that but the weapon update was tuned around the BR and the population stuff came from Menke. They likely chose the BR to focus everything around during the weapon tuning as part of reducing redundancy 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Great question, wish they gave us a decent answer to pass on. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think you're bringing to light two different problems: settings and unnecessary fragmentation.

Fragmentation of similar audiences is such a big problem.

They have gone on record and claimed that Team Arena is the competitive playlist of Halo 5. 

team arena is the most popular playlist, it's only competitive in the sense that it's pvp and is ranked

Then what does that make HCS? A more competitive, competitive playlist? 

hcs = the esports / tournament playlist, which has always been a niche halo multiplayer audience 

Isn't that just admitting that Team Arena is not using the most competitive settings?

yeah but so what, team arena is the most popular playlist and this is a video game, most people play video games to have fun, how competitive the settings are is a moot point imo

343 is making a move that takes some guts, that may not be the most popular, to put the game in a better spot. If you're wanting to play ranked objective games, then welcome to the most competitive playlist. Otherwise, go play something else.

less overall players = better? i don't agree

• Upvote (+1) 1

This twitter convo is hilarious for the wrong reasons. 343 will never get it. Giving the middle finger to the 500 people that still play Halo 5 to go back to its roots is a bad trade off apparently.

Just went through her twitter, seems like a nice enough lady, but just shows how out of touch 343 is.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Longer development cycles can work if the game is decent enough to maintain a playerbase to support it, and if there is a content road map in place. Just look at Rainbow 6 Siege. I have more than a few former Halo players on my friends list who I see on that game on a daily basis.

I can agree with this... Siege has been a great game to play. Every once in a while I take a break from it but then there is new content coming out that brings me back. Halo... I have to be really ambitious to start it up.