CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OpTic is in the NA LCS

Its really strange seeing their logo in there.

Its really strange seeing their logo in there.

they shouted out Halo worlds 2017 in their org bio

Waterworks was awesome, but I always felt like Containment never got the recognition it deserved. So many fun memories playing CTF on that map.

That’s another one of my all time favs. As much as I am a 4v4 competive player I absolutely love BTB. It’s as much a staple of Halo as any game type, such a shame how it’s been treated in H5. Hopefully 343 doesn’t forget about for H6

• Upvote (+1) 5

they shouted out Halo worlds 2017 in their org bio

33a30d0b98.jpg

Screencap for those who aren't into League. Also making the cut for NALCS is 100 Thieves from Nadeshot and the Cavaliers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

33a30d0b98.jpg

Screencap for those who aren't into League. Also making the cut for NALCS is 100 Thieves from Nadeshot and the Cavaliers.

I still don’t understand why Americans love franchising so much.

That’s another one of my all time favs. As much as I am a 4v4 competive player I absolutely love BTB. It’s as much a staple of Halo as any game type, such a shame how it’s been treated in H5. Hopefully 343 doesn’t forget about for H6

Same here. BTB was basically all that kept me into Reach, at least until ZBNS settings came out. I've loved it in every Halo game with the exception of 4 and 5. 

Waterworks was awesome, but I always felt like Containment never got the recognition it deserved. So many fun memories playing CTF on that map. 

Headlong, Containment and Waterworks were definitely my favorite BTB maps. Halo 2 Big team battle and major clan matches were so much fun.

This not big team related but, Turf has got to be one of the more frustrating 2v2/4v4 maps to play on and that's primarily because of the super bouncing.

Headlong, Containment and Waterworks were definitely my favorite BTB maps. Halo 2 Big team battle and major clan matches were so much fun.

This not big team related but, Turf has got to be one of the more frustrating 2v2/4v4 maps to play on and that's primarily because of the super bouncing.

>Waterworks

those damn stalactites were the bane of any Banshee's existence, but damn was it a good map for 1 bomb

This is why I loved Halo 2. You could literally spend hours in the campaign and multiplayer doing tricks/glitches and finding easter eggs.

All of Bungie's Halo games were like this, but Halo 2 just stood above the rest in this way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The best part of H2A by FAR is the sensation of moving your right thumbstick and watching your reticle move in a fashion that actually makes sense.

Headcasing 

:lxthul:

Franchising and relegation formats have their own pros and cons and I really think it's personal preference which is better. Franchising is great because it brings stability that can't exist in relegation systems. In a fledgling sport, investors are going to be very weary to commit their money if the investment might only last a split or season. 

I've lived in New England my entire life and it's nice to know that no matter how bad a season the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, or Bruins go through that it won't ruin their long and storied histories. The best players are always going to find their way to professional level teams no matter the format. For League in particular, I think one of the biggest benefits from this new setup is that teams are required to field "academy" teams which will act as a minor league for LCS. Because orgs don't need to worry about losing their place through relegation, you will hopefully see teams more willing to try out local talent and give rookies stage experience instead of buying players like Doublelift to avoid being tossed out. 

I totally see why people prefer relegation. The LCS has had that since it began. For at least the NA LCS, franchising is the next step towards "legitimizing" the game considering all of our major sports follow the same format.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Jumping out of containment with the bomb on neutral assault to keep the game going indefinitely was some of the most fun back in the day

I truly appreciate that, and dont worry I don't plan to - that said I cant deny how much I enjoy the PUBG scene right now and I actually play the game religiously at what i feel is a decent level (top 2/3K EU).

I owe this game and this community my career tbh but I wont lie i simply dont enjoy playing Halo 5, the MM doesn't make for an enjoyable personal experience who likes to play solo, its extremely repetitive/stale and that's why i stopped streaming. That said once this TO announcement is out any events are announced i'll be sure to be doing my research once again, watching scrims, tweeting and getting involved with the scene and community. Right now its a little hard when i have a lot of work on in one game but just like you guys waiting on the info of the HCS future also and whats next, there's no point watching the teams right now and getting hyped about an off season.

I am excited if that's any consolation, I dont really know anything on whats happening but I honestly have a really good feeling about what 343 can do next. I truly believe there has been enough criticism and feedback on the format and program of the HCS over the past few years for the esports team to make a truly incredible product thats right for this scene. Halo 5 and our competitive scene is still one of the best console and spectator esports out there.

Have faith guys and hang in there!

if you ever do move on from halo, dont forget about beyond and keep us up to date on what you're casting

• Upvote (+1) 3

OpTic is in the NA LCS

Oh god. TSM fans vs Optic Fans. The chat is going to break.

All this talk of old school BTB makes me miss 1 Flag & 1 Bomb so much. 343 really needs to bring those back.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All this talk of old school BTB makes me miss 1 Flag & 1 Bomb so much. 343 really needs to bring those back.

This may sound weird, but 4v4 1 flag on Lockout was an absolute blast for me. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Franchising and relegation formats have their own pros and cons and I really think it's personal preference which is better. Franchising is great because it brings stability that can't exist in relegation systems. In a fledgling sport, investors are going to be very weary to commit their money if the investment might only last a split or season.

I've lived in New England my entire life and it's nice to know that no matter how bad a season the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, or Bruins go through that it won't ruin their long and storied histories. The best players are always going to find their way to professional level teams no matter the format. For League in particular, I think one of the biggest benefits from this new setup is that teams are required to field "academy" teams which will act as a minor league for LCS. Because orgs don't need to worry about losing their place through relegation, you will hopefully see teams more willing to try out local talent and give rookies stage experience instead of buying players like Doublelift to avoid being tossed out.

I totally see why people prefer relegation. The LCS has had that since it began. For at least the NA LCS, franchising is the next step towards "legitimizing" the game considering all of our major sports follow the same format.

USA is the only country that does it, for me franchising makes it harder for new talent to rise.

USA is the only country that does it, for me franchising makes it harder for new talent to rise.

Depends on the team tbh.  Imagine you're a goalie in the NHL.  If you were drafted by the New Jersey Devils from 1991-2015 you weren't going to see much, if any, real playing time.  If you're a goalie and were drafted by the Maple Leafs from 2010-2016 then you had a good shot at playing and showing what you've got.  

Same thing goes for these teams.  Say CoD does something similar.  Do you really think you're going to see much mainstage time if you're on OpTic's "minor league" team?  Vs an Org that may encounter some trouble that is willing to say "fuck it, let's see what happens".  

Although I do see the point that it makes it more of an old boys club when the league is initially formed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This may sound weird, but 4v4 1 flag on Lockout was an absolute blast for me. 

Was super fun. A lot of the old school 1 sided 4v4 game types were a blast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Depends on the team tbh. Imagine you're a goalie in the NHL. If you were drafted by the New Jersey Devils from 1991-2015 you weren't going to see much, if any, real playing time. If you're a goalie and were drafted by the Maple Leafs from 2010-2016 then you had a good shot at playing and showing what you've got.

Same thing goes for these teams. Say CoD does something similar. Do you really think you're going to see much mainstage time if you're on OpTic's "minor league" team? Vs an Org that may encounter some trouble that is willing to say "fuck it, let's see what happens".

Although I do see the point that it makes it more of an old boys club when the league is initially formed.

Even in this scenario the devils would be incentivized to trade good goalie prospects to other teams to fill their weak positions. If you are a good player teams are better off trying to either get you or use you to get better talent.

Maybe I’m naive but can the person against franchises explain how they actually hurt? Are there that many people in the 4 major US sports that should be playing but have been blackballed?

Even in this scenario the devils would be incentivized to trade good goalie prospects to other teams to fill their weak positions. If you are a good player teams are better off trying to either get you or use you to get better talent.

Maybe I’m naive but can the person against franchises explain how they actually hurt? Are there that many people in the 4 major US sports that should be playing but have been blackballed?

I’m used to watching Football, and you have Cinderella stories all the time, for example Leicester City in the premier league. Even in LoL if we had franchising back then C9 would have never been a thing, they came from relegation to win the split. I think franchising is good for business man and bad for the competition since you need to get on one of a few teams to play, and don’t have the chance to rise with a new squad.