CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you guys honestly think MLG being involved would change anything other than making the few people still invested in halo a litte happier?

It didnt help reach.

It would improve production

It would improve logistics

It would improve structure

When you say it didn't help reach, what TO are you comparing it to?

• Upvote (+1) 2

not "their" audio guy, that was P5

Well UGC has used P5 for every single H5 event they have done. What does that say about UGC?

I'd be more like this if we had more events to the level of Denver - how many events have we really had that were run with almost out a hitch for Halo 5?

Well, every EU event.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it November yet?

Ready for that update to drop and get some fresh talking points

Id like to see a meme contest here showing what 343 employees who already know the next TO would be thinking while reading through this thread.

1y9dju.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

Well UGC has used P5 for every single H5 event they have done. What does that say about UGC?

they need more funding/better partners

i'm not willing to condemn UGC because of one audio screw up

how do you embed tweets help please

copy and paste the tweet link n00b

NavG123
Member Since 22 Aug 2015

smh
  • Upvote (+1) 5

so we want events that have more downtime than gameplay?

and events that push the winners semis to off-stream?

and events with no b stream?

• Upvote (+1) 7

they need more funding/better partners

i'm not willing to condemn UGC because of one audio screw up

I'm also not willing to praise them as the second best option after MLG because they ran 2 passable events over 2 years with no expectations, where the audio was also really bad.

When they actually had to step up for a collaborative event with 343, they completely shit the bed. The fact that they have no funding should be an instant disqualification. They have no in house production team and won't instantly be able to afford one because they partnered with 343.

I'd honestly rather keep ESL before I hand the keys over to someone who is completely unproven to do anything. ESL would at least keep the product mediocre, UGC has the potential to completely sink HCS into nothing.

I feel like Halo/343 need a big announcement that they're really only getting with MLG. I'm really just not that interested in watching mediocre to shitty events anymore. It sucks and I'm pretty much over it at this point. They need hype. The HCS needs to stop being about how much they can screw up while still maintaining something that looks semi presentable and instead about how well everything is run/how enjoyable it is to attend or spectate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm also not willing to praise them as the second best option after MLG because they ran 2 passable events over 2 years with no expectations, where the audio was also really bad.

When they actually had to step up for a collaborative event with 343, they completely shit the bed. The fact that they have no funding should be an instant disqualification. They have no in house production team and won't instantly be able to afford one because they partnered with 343.

I'd honestly rather keep ESL before I hand the keys over to someone who is completely unproven to do anything. ESL would at least keep the product mediocre, UGC has the potential to completely sink HCS into nothing.

yeah i didn't realize you meant UGC being in charge of everything, as much as i love them they aren't ready for that, they're small

they throw amazing events however, the smash and halo communities will attest to that

Has anyone watched this season of Battlebots? What do you think about their production style/value?

• Downvote (-1) 3

^ yeah the amount of downtime was unavoidable thanks to halo5 technical limitations.

That didn't excuse how boring downtime had been. We sat through mcdonalds forge maps, mega blocks vignettes and repetitive BTB multikills- it really took two long for them to figure out that they could show recorded matches.

Local server, in theory, should reduce the need for so much filler altogether.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Guys, LOOK. He's talking about video games. It was posted literally 2 hours ago.

If it's not obvious yet, you guys are just pulling the cloth over your own eyes.

Holy shit this is awesome.

I go to Ohio University.

I was told you didnt need casting to enjoy the event like 3 pages back though.  

Casters are for people who don't know the game or might be super casual. The people who understand it at a high level don't need the play by play or analysis, it's much more fun to have a listen-in. I know this is opinion but I think it is pretty accurate across the majority of spectator competitions. 

OT - Yes, the production had some massive hiccups but the event ran SMOOTH. Ask any top player. UGC got it together big time. I went for their Smash one too and it was just as fantastic. Really looking forward to the next one.