CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He would get 20K+ XP every WZ game he played....

Working at 343 def has its perks...

343 gives their devs "cheats" too lol?

It was all about the top4 anyway. Still, we went from agls to real production, and organization. Real orgs came in, and old pros came back. Viewership rose as well. H2a was very important.

And yet, here with are with Halo 5, chasing away organizations, players, and viewers. GG from 343.

Are we forgeting how disastrous some of those H2A events were ? How we only had 3 competitive maps ? I am not saying H2A wasn't important for the revitalising of competitive Halo, but don't try to tell me they did a good job with the game and those 2 H2A seasons. H2A literally couldn't last another season.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are we forgeting how disastrous some of those H2A events were ? How we only had 3 competitive maps ? I am not saying H2A wasn't important for the revitalising of competitive Halo, but don't try to tell me they did a good job with the game and those 2 H2A seasons. H2A literally couldn't last another season.

I think the original post bringing up H2A was hypothesizing how significant H2A would have been had it launched as a standalone, working game, with a full set of maps and gametypes. I don't think anyone would claim there were enough HCS maps in H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think people's praise is more about the gameplay and some of the individual series we got to see.  Lack of content was kind of expected given the package it came in.  

If they had only done H2A instead of MCC and added a half dozen more maps it probably 1) would have worked better and 2) i would be playing it over H5

• Upvote (+1) 9

I really think the introduction of Remnant to the map pool could have reinvigorated H2A competition.

:lxthul: 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Didn't h2a have grenade indicators? Or am I confusing it with h4?

For some reason I remember being pissed about grenade indicators and skill jumps being replaced with additional geometry to jump off of.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't h2a have grenade indicators? Or am I confusing it with h4?

It did yeah, that was pretty bullshit.

I think the original post bringing up H2A was hypothesizing how significant H2A would have been had it launched as a standalone, working game, with a full set of maps and gametypes. I don't think anyone would claim there were enough HCS maps in H2A.

Yeah I might have lost the string over here, but some ppl are so quick to forget stuff, it triggers me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really think the introduction of Remnant to the map pool could have reinvigorated H2A competition.

:lxthul:

- Dan Ayoub

It did yeah, that was pretty bullshit.

Don't forget the earthquake like screen shake everytime grenade exploded.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think H2A is the best looking Halo. And there are many things I like it over H5. I would like H6 to follow it in some ways but I think it's funny that the Halo cycle never fails to be true. Let's not pretend it was anywhere near perfect either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think H2A is the best looking Halo. And there are many things I like it over H5. I would like H6 to follow it in some ways but I think it's funny that the Halo cycle never fails to be true. Let's not pretend it was anywhere near perfect either.

Oh of course but its the best, closest to a true-core halo experience we have had since H3.  It has some gimmicky stuff like the dynamic map elements (i was actually fine with the waterfall on Sanc, but the Stalactites on Lockout were.... annoying) and nade hit markers.  it suffered from some of the same balance issues that H2 did, but at its core it was a good looking actual halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Oh of course but its the best, closest to a true-core halo experience we have had since H3.  It has some gimmicky stuff like the dynamic map elements (i was actually fine with the waterfall on Sanc, but the Stalactites on Lockout were.... annoying) and nade hit markers.  it suffered from some of the same balance issues that H2 did, but at its core it was a good looking actual halo game.

I agree. Take out nade hit marker and indicators, lower aim assist and magmatism, add a few maps and strap H6 as the title and I would LOVE it. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

(Editing post because @@Craneteam beat me to the joke and I hadn't scrolled down.)

Not to mention Sudds only got Top 8 3 times. Their teammates those 3 times?

Contra/Devon. Shooter. Frosty.

Sudds weren't the best, but they knew who were good and needed teams.

^ This is why Mao and I made the joke of the Suddoth farm league. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What was it about Midship that got everything so right?

s i m p l i c i t y

A simple, balanced map in a simple, balanced game (excluding H5) 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I could play Midship all day and never get bored. Fuck the other maps in all honesty. 343 has yet to make any map as good as the Bungie ones. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1