CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Please stop using a word just to make people upset. Broaden your vocabulary.

I absolutely did not use it to upset anyone. I'm only saying people are way too damn sensitive. A word is just a word, grow some skin people.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I know this isn’t the popular opinion here, but the Pistol is extremely easy to use, and the magnetism is insane. I’ll gladly take a more difficult to use BR that isn’t even random like people claim over a weapon that gifts you perfect kills.

I just think people aren’t used to having to keep the BR reticle on target as long as you have to now since the update. If the middle of your reticle isn’t on the enemy when each bullets comes out of the gun, you will not be gifted 3 hit markers. I’m tired of people claiming randomness when I’m reality they are just missing.

I’ll bump this tweet

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I know this isn’t the popular opinion here, but the Pistol is extremely easy to use, and the magnetism is insane. I’ll gladly take a more difficult to use BR that isn’t even random like people claim over a weapon that gifts you perfect kills.

I just think people aren’t used to having to keep the BR reticle on target as long as you have to now since the update. If the middle of your reticle isn’t on the enemy when each bullets comes out of the gun, you will not be gifted 3 hit markers. I’m tired of people claiming randomness when I’m reality they are just missing.

I dont really care if its BR or Magnum starts, my issue with all this is that 343 are once again focusing on shit that doesnt matter. Working new maps (most likely forge) and more gamemodes than just oddball into HCS is way more important imo than BR starts. 

Also unrelated to this, i really hope 343 announce worlds shit soon so people can stop shoving that shit cod down my throat. 

I absolutely did not use it to upset anyone. I'm only saying people are way too damn sensitive. A word is just a word, grow some skin people.

Or just don't use it if people ask you not to? Show a little common decency and respect. It seriously isn't that difficult.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I dont really care if its BR or Magnum starts, my issue with all this is that 343 are once again focusing on shit that doesnt matter. Working new maps (most likely forge) and more gamemodes than just oddball into HCS is way more important imo than BR starts.

Also unrelated to this, i really hope 343 announce worlds shit soon so people can stop shoving that shit cod down my throat.

I agree with the things you mentioned having importance, but I disagree that the loadout doesn’t. The latest patch literally balanced the game for BR starts. With Pistol starts, every non power weapon on the map is useless. With BR starts, these weapons fill certain roles and excel in their roles

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

After this discussion I did some independent testing and found that unscoped at the max distance in the AHP Octagon the BR has 91% accuracy. Unscoped, the magnetism is way lower and the spread definitely matters at common engagement ranges. It's debatable that the BR is a better starting weapon in spite of this (I tend to agree, though I'd like to still see the spread removed), but backing your argument up with partial evidence and "they probably just can't aim" isn't good enough.

• Upvote (+1) 7

No other developer would ever replace the entire competitive playlist with only one gametype to test it hahahaha. They're just bad at solving problems. It's like how they "solved" DNS attacks by removing lobby communication. Like yeah, you solved the problem, but at a very unusual and great cost.

I'll be happy with the results though. Excited for more gametypes!

• Upvote (+1) 9

No other developer would ever replace the entire competitive playlist with only one gametype to test it hahahaha.

I'll be happy with the results though.

Best choice of a bunch of bad options.

Best choice of a bunch of bad options.

In house testing, encouraging pros to test it, setting up community testing dates/lobbies, simply adding it to the playlist, including it as part of a separate test playlist which tests other mechanics as well...

These are the solutions used by normal developers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With Pistol starts, every non power weapon on the map is useless.

Even if this is true, what is the problem here? Halo 5's sandbox is awfully designed and none of the niche weapons add any real value anyway. Might as well put more focus on the most skillful precision weapon the game has to offer.

• Upvote (+1) 5

In house testing, encouraging pros to test it, setting up community testing dates/lobbies, simply adding it to the playlist, including it as part of a separate test playlist which tests other mechanics as well...

These are the solutions used by normal developers.

In house testing got us to this playlist.

Pros already are testing it, I think allowing the entire community to try it too is a pretty good idea.

Community testing dates? Isn't that basically what this is?

Adding BR start Oddball to HCS would be like adding in half shields breakout, I'm glad they learned their lesson.

What other mechanics? No sprint? No radar? They're focusing on something that has an actual chance of happening, like it or not. Adding in more variables just makes the results harder to read.

I still don't see the problem in this playlist. We're between pro league seasons here, there's no better time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh to be 12 again.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I’ll bump this tweet

https://twitter.com/vetoed/status/926287158826143744

Showing it doing something once doesn't show anything.

I’ll bump this tweet

https://twitter.com/vetoed/status/926287158826143744

That is not the issue. The issue with the BR is that they made the burst too slow, so now if a targets uses thruster pack you won’t be able to hit all of the bullets and you won’t be sure how many bullets hit. You won’t ever see a perfect in a 1v1 scenario not even Snipedown will be able to hit a perfect in a 1v1. So you want to make the kill time even longer and make Halo more team dependent.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cannot believe some of you guys are giving 343 shit about taking out HCS and replacing it with a Oddball Test playlist. Its gonna be there for what? 2 weeks max? This is the best way to test new game types for HCS.  AS OF RIGHT NOW THERE ARE NO "OFFICIAL HCS SETTINGS" So please stop crying about how there wont be a HCS setting playlist.

Some of you will literally BITCH about anything & everything. 

This cant be a social playlist, the population cant take another Ranked playlist for HCS Oddball, there is barely enough for HCS in already.

So just relax HCS will be back in no time and hopefully it will have Oddball in it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not to pick on you specifically, but I really need to call this out this general sentiment. What else should 343 do here, you're asking for more gametypes in HCS, this is exactly what the preview playlist is supposed to address, adding in Oddball. It's already been said by 343 new forge maps without the lag problems aren't possible in H5, so they're adding in something meaningful and concrete, in addition to testing out the new settings from the tuning update.

I don't understand why everyone is shitting all over 343 for this, should they make oddball preview its own playlist? So then we have fiesta, sniper, swat, and slayer players giving input on a gametype that's supposed to be added in to the competitive mode? The population can't take another playlist, if it was made it's own playlist even fewer people would play it, and the feedback quality would be worse. This is the best choice out of a bunch of bad options, luckily it only lasts for a few weeks. The added benefit is they are able to add in BR starts as a new mode after the tuning update, not permanently but on a trial basis so we can actually get some experience playing with the new loadouts. They aren't saying this new mode is perfect, its preview and bound to have changes added in afterwards.

Not every solution is going to be perfect. I'm all for giving 343 grief when it's deserved, but I wish more people here could recognize why moves like this are made and not immediately trash them just for updating the game and maybe trying to make it better.

After reading this, I decided to hook up my OG Xbox One, picked a few forge maps and tested to see if the Xbox One X version is better. I played Orion II, Pegasus II, Avalanche, .Don't Breathe., and ..Sanctum Imperialis.. on the OG Xbox One, and the Xbox One X. The only map out of those that had a significant drop on either platform was ..Sanctum Imperialis.. It had a super bad drop and the OG Xbox One, and when I played it on the X, it had the drop in the same area, but way less significant. 

Once I was finished testing those maps, I searched for unfinished maps with the taglines art test and gameplay test in the custom browser. I tested out "Battle of Endor" on both consoles. The OG Xbox One version of it was nearly unplayable, obvious heavy aim and felt like it was being ran at about 15 fps at some points. The Xbox One X version ran ALOT better than the OG Xbox One. Felt like the lowest fps was somewhere around 40 fps. If you have both Xbox's I definitely suggest playing this map on both of them. 

With all that being said, I am 100% confident that a good forger could put together a good competitive map with minimal graphical effects, that would run 60fps on the Xbox One X at all times. Make HCS play on the X, and we can use forge maps. Just to mention it as well, forge maps actually look pretty good on the X. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You still used it as a pejorative though? Your intention was to be negative. You were inherently trying to upset whomever the word was aimed at.

By your own logic you're ok with every racial, religious, homophobic, etc. slur?

OT: Has there been an announcement for the announcement for the announcement of the announcement stream for HCS info yet?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1