CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Bubu, Trippey, Ola, Saiyan is the new LG roster as confirmed by ACE on stream today. 

If its true it would be interesting to hear why from Ola. I feel like hes a nice guy so no matter what happened he'll just go with the whole "I really believe in my teammates" thing even if that isn't the reason at all. It just looks a little weird if it was done willingly

I just wish we would get a TO announcement already. I mean, worlds season starts in January, I think some people would like dates and a venue for everything so we can plan on going without a 2 week notice.  

How many times does this need to be said? lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How many times does this need to be said? lol

Until 343 announces it. Because they aren’t doing jack shit from the looks of it.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Until 343 announces it. Because they aren’t doing jack shit from the looks of it.

Just because we haven't heard something publicly doesn't mean they are doing jack shit...things like this take a lot of time and effort. Patience!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just wish we would get a TO announcement already. I mean, worlds season starts in January, I think some people would like dates and a venue for everything so we can plan on going without a 2 week notice.  

#WhereIsWorlds

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just because we haven't heard something publicly doesn't mean they are doing jack shit...things like this take a lot of time and effort. Patience!

That’s just the thing, Cod announced their entire year already pretty much. Why can’t halo have that kind of thing?

• Upvote (+1) 5

That’s just the thing, Cod announced their entire year already pretty much. Why can’t halo have that kind of thing?

Difference between a well oiled machine that's been running for years with plenty of funding and attention compared to whatever afterthought we've been living through in the HCS for the past few years. Takes time to work that well and it remains to be seen if the HCS guys will ever make it there

• Upvote (+1) 2

It'd be nice to know so ppl can plan in advance to go to an event
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Last night I had a dream about AGL Brad coming back.

shivers.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd like to think the delay is due to WW2 coming out and MLG wants to sit on it a little until the initial hype dies down so they don't have big releases at the same time.

But I'm pretty sure it's UMG based on twitter so we'll see.

About a year ago, people said the same thing about HWC 2017 Finals.

And we ended up with Burbank. 

And that's the thing, I don't want that to ever happen again. That presumably killed Halo and made it a laughing stock to other people. 343 needs the redeem their selves this upcoming worlds. They cannot let that happen twice in a row. 

I am OK with them doing it for Oddball because I think we really need that gametype, and using the HCS playlist will give 343 a good sample.

What I'm not OK with is the BR/GF Magnum starts. I don't understand why anyone would want to use the BR as the starting weapon over the pistol at this point, so if anyone has a different point-of-view on this I'd like to hear the other side of the argument. 

Dunno until we play it i guess?  But idk, i'm on board with you.  It seems like the whole tuning test was done with the goal of making the BR the starting weapon.  The Magnum is the best-designed gun in this game so it seems weird to abandon it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Difference between a well oiled machine that's been running for years with plenty of funding and attention compared to whatever afterthought we've been living through in the HCS for the past few years. Takes time to work that well and it remains to be seen if the HCS guys will ever make it there

Or the fact that Call of Duty literally OWNS MLG? There is no contract renewal, there are no surprises, they are included in all decisions made from the very beginning.

What we're witnessing here is event planning and contract negotiation with a completely new TO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

About a year ago, people said the same thing about HWC 2017 Finals.

And we ended up with Burbank. 

With everything that happened...we should get a good venue for HWC2018

Really? Replacing a playlist for a few weeks so we can test out a new gametype to be added to HCS for the first time in over 2 years is a ******** thing to do...

wtf people.

Why are they replacing the only playable playlist. With a BR start oddball test playlist.

Or the fact that Call of Duty literally OWNS MLG? There is no contract renewal, there are no surprises, they are included in all decisions made from the very beginning.

What we're witnessing here is event planning and contract negotiation with a completely new TO.

Not really trying to bash the HCS people but finding out where venues and events are at the last second should be trademarked by them. This time in particular could be for what you're saying but it isn't like this isn't how it normally goes down no matter who they're working with. Its always a nice surprise when they hit people up with the venue location far enough in advance to not cause people trouble

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what are you guys getting for Xmas?

Besides the new Xbox One X of course

If my family listens to my list, I’ll be getting all the pieces to build my first gaming PC. No One X for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2