CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"That one."  Maybe I'm reading way too much into it, but to me that means SOMETHING (could be literally anything) else is on the way, no?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Literally can't be worse than RNG. Two teams with the same seed: One plays a team that competes for 1st in every cup and the other plays a team that gets top-32 but doesn't lose points to team changes. Why leave it up to a coin toss?

Hopefully we get individual points so there are only a couple of teams without seeds as opposed to like half the teams losing their seeds from roster changes.

You haven't even heard my reason yet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"That one."  Maybe I'm reading way too much into it, but to me that means SOMETHING (could be literally anything) else is on the way, no?

dont forget that OWL preseason starts soon and MLG will most likely have a big role in that. as much as i want mlg for halo (and i do think they would take halo) i doubt it will happen. any refrence to a new thing is most likely overwatch related

dont forget that OWL preseason starts soon and MLG will most likely have a big role in that. as much as i want mlg for halo (and i do think they would take halo) i doubt it will happen. any refrence to a new thing is most likely overwatch related

Yea I don't watch OW so I had no idea that was coming up.  

OK folks, false alarm.  Disregard the dumbass Canadian (ie. me). 

Halo would not be like that.

All that stuff just comes from Activision pumping TONS of money (compared to Halo) into CoD. 

With the current Halo budget we would obviously not get a season like that, not even half as big.

Lets hope that 'current' Halo budget is bigger for next season

Think it helps that Call of Duty's global playerbase is much larger than Halo's at the moment. And that they cater to those outside the US. I completely agree with you that Halo wouldn't be like that at all.

Literally can't be worse than RNG. Two teams with the same seed: One plays a team that competes for 1st in every cup and the other plays a team that gets top-32 but doesn't lose points to team changes. Why leave it up to a coin toss?

Hopefully we get individual points so there are only a couple of teams without seeds as opposed to like half the teams losing their seeds from roster changes.

I'd rather RNG break a tie than whether or not someone plays Halo solo or with friends.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Open events in New Orleans, Atlanta, and Dallas. All Southeastern US. Don't they know that the WEST COAST is the CRADLE OF COMPETITIVE CONSOLE GAMING? smh

Irony is anaheim is the biggest tourney
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So where are the rumors that MLG could return? Or is it wishful thinking?

I feel like this question is asked on every page

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm just here for the team change drama, what's brewing, any changes yet or what?

Nothing official. Rumors are that ESL got dropped for MLG though. 

Now that's a scary team.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I just came here to say MLG will never host another Halo tournament. Stop pretending.

MLG

Call of Duty

Overwatch

Heroes of the Storm

Hearthstone

Halo

One of these things is not like the others, boys. I miss the good ol' days as much as anyone but I'm not sitting around trying to fool myself into thinking the impossible is possible. How desperate for cash would ATVI have to be to allocate MLG resources to a white label production of HCS when they have so much riding on Overwatch esports. Not to mention CoD. Even if MSFT is offering an insane amount of money, ATVI needs to focus their resources on their own products now more than ever, and I'm sure they would happily watch Halo putter out with ESL.

Sundance is a great guy but he has tweeted misleading bullshit about potential MLG titles since forever. Don't buy in.

EDIT: Honestly I don't know how involved MLG will be with Gears in 2018 but it's not the same lift as HCS. If they were to take on HCS on top of everything, they would be stretched very thin. I just don't see it happening.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

I'd rather RNG break a tie than whether or not someone plays Halo solo or with friends.

Aren't we talking about team seeding though? I don't understand why this distinction matters in this scenario.

Adam did a video with Thorin fairly recently and said that AB actually let's them do whatever they want, their titles just come first. 

But with the OWL and the CWL, would they have time to run a Halo season ? I don't think so tbh.. 

What if.... Microsoft bought Gfinity like Activision bought MLG.....