CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No.

It doesnt have wide color gamut which =fake hdr. If you want a true 4k HDR tv on a budget the TCL P607/P605 is the way to go. The 607 is $650 on amazon the 605 is best buys version for $600. The 607 has a fancier remote control but they both have the same panel so they are pretty much the same TV picture wise.

Its also one of the best in terms of input lag.

How much you care about hz

Im glad to see that we are still waiting till everyone loses interest to announce the TO

They want the MLG hype to die down before they announce another TO.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn I didn't realize how many of you nerds were from Ohio too

Finally got away from TWC/Spectrum and am living that Fios life. Cool ~26ms ping to most of NA

• Upvote (+1) 4

They want the MLG hype to die down before they announce another TO.

Member when we were all sure that it was MLG. Good times.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Since we dunno when we’re getting the TO announcement and teams probably aren’t going to announce rosters until after that are we allowed to talk about the Battlefront 2 shitstorm?

Since we dunno when we’re getting the TO announcement and teams probably aren’t going to announce rosters until after that are we allowed to talk about the Battlefront 2 shitstorm?

Yes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What happened with Battlefront 2 ?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Fill me in. I was planning on buying this game for Xbox One X.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How much you care about hz

For strictly console gaming, 60 is fine for the foreseeable future but considering you will probably be watching other shit on that TV, i would go with 120.  120hz 4k tv with real HDR will last you quite a while.  The next leap will be 120 FPS video and 8k resolution.  120 FPS will probably happen first and you would need like an 8 foot tv to notice the difference with 8k.

The game is pretty much pay to win. It takes 40 hours~ of grinding, saving literally 100% of your credits you earn, to unlock heroes like Vader. This means you can't upgrade your class or weapons in this time frame, you have to save every single credit you earn to buy Vader, or another hero.

On top of this, it's been found that future heroes will cost even more. Meanwhile, the progression system is 100% tied to lootcrates. The only way to level up is by opening these garbage RNG crates.

Welcome to gaming in 2017. It's shit, enjoy your stay.

Yeah fuck that.  FUCK that. thats harsh even for F2P games, nevermind one that you already paid $60 for.

I understand that microtransactions are here to stay, but for the love of god devs stick to things that dont change the gameplay experience. ie cosmetics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The game is pretty much pay to win. It takes 40 hours~ of grinding, saving literally 100% of your credits you earn, to unlock heroes like Vader. This means you can't upgrade your class or weapons in this time frame, you have to save every single credit you earn to buy Vader, or another hero.

On top of this, it's been found that future heroes will cost even more. Meanwhile, the progression system is 100% tied to lootcrates. The only way to level up is by opening these garbage RNG crates.

Welcome to gaming in 2017. It's shit, enjoy your stay.

Ok I'm trying to remember the beta - each class has like different options for primary weapons, as well as other perks you can unlock correct?

So what you're saying is that it takes a stupid amount of time to be able to unlock Heroes (without buying them), and any credits you use to upgrade guns/perks for a class just delays the time until you can get a Hero essentially.

Or did you mean you literally can't upgrade classes/weapons until you have a hero?

edit:

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only games I’ll ever buy from EA again are NCAA College Football and Skate 4, which neither of them exists at this time.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ok dis what gonna happen:

• Due to the recent unfortunate events EA will reduce the amount of credits needed for crates, heroes, etc.
  • They'll come up with some really good PR statement making half the people complaining about p2w change their minds again.
  • SWBF2 will sell well, the whales will keep whaling and EA will make a fuck ton of money.
  • Everyone will forget about it a month after release.
  • EA will make future games even worse.

You can read this exact same thing with 343 instead of EA and H6 instead of SWBF2 btw.

Edit: Gambling and p2w will infest every AAA game in the future btw:

"We've said that we aim to have recurrent consumer spending opportunities for every title that we put out at this company..."

• Upvote (+1) 2

"EA's Dev response now has enough downvotes to play as Darth Vader"

lul. I <3 reddit

• Upvote (+1) 6

lmao what a shit storm for Battlefront 2. I promoptly swore that game off yesterday. I can't believe we've come from sitting around projection TV's grinding Goldeneye to unlock Jaws to paying for Darth Vader.

Legit TV/Monitor question: What is a better choice to go with for the OneX? I'm playing on a monitor now, and the change was such an improvement over playing on my old TV. But with Black Friday coming, I'm hoping to get a 4K display. Better to get a TV with HDR, or wait for a monitor at a decent price with 4K HDR?

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's really interesting is that EA is poised to make (or probably already has made) over a billion dollars from FIFA microtransactions alone. Which is a hell of a lot more than what they would have made from sales of the actual game (profit wise).

I'm convinced there will never be an EA title without them again because its just far too profitable.

lmao what a shit storm for Battlefront 2. I promoptly swore that game off yesterday. I can't believe we've come from sitting around projection TV's grinding Goldeneye to unlock Jaws to paying for Darth Vader.

Legit TV/Monitor question: What is a better choice to go with for the OneX? I'm playing on a monitor now, and the change was such an improvement over playing on my old TV. But with Black Friday coming, I'm hoping to get a 4K display. Better to get a TV with HDR, or wait for a monitor at a decent price with 4K HDR?

What size monitor do you like to play on?