CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Walshy is a technical designer at First Strike, according to his twitter. It's not Marty's company. It seems like a group of 343 devs just split and created their own company about last year.

According to their website, the company focuses on multiplayer games.

Imagine if First Strike becomes the Respawn entertainment of Halo and makes a classic Halo inspired game. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Another Pro Team member leaving 343. I'm concerned, guys.

Pretty sure he hasn't been at 343 for a while, he was working on Halo Wars 2 which was mostly Creative Assembly.

Was really hopeful that the 4k version came in the 24" size for a sec, but it looks like it's limited to the larger 28" model.

The search continues.

I think 4k is wasted on a screen that small.  1440 would be a better performance-per-dollar buy imo.  Thats where my money would go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think 4k is wasted on a screen that small.  1440 would be a better performance-per-dollar buy imo.  Thats where my money would go.

Agreed. I play on a 1440p 144 Hz monitor.. Kreygasm.

If you're going to get 4K, get a big screen TV or something in 4K.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine if First Strike becomes the Respawn entertainment of Halo and makes a classic Halo inspired game. 

Respawn had a great track record when they were formed. First Strike is being led by the lead mp designer of halo 4, halo 5. I think warzone was his baby. Respawn made the modern warfares. It'll be interesting to see what they do. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8159273

Me visiting TeamBeyond and then leaving when realising there's still no TO announcement 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Me visiting TeamBeyond and then leaving when realising there's still no TO announcement 

xJs8OfB.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

Respawn had a great track record when they were formed. First Strike is being led by the lead mp designer of halo 4, halo 5. I think warzone was his baby. Respawn made the modern warfares. It'll be interesting to see what they do. 

Worse. Breakout was his baby.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Same thing I said to audely. I wouldnt classify those players as casuals.

It just sounds like you have a definition of casual that is convenient for your position.

Whether or not a player is casual or not has little to do with how 'invested' they are (time/money) and everything to do with how consumed they are with the game, particularly of they are consumed with winning.

Most of any games long-term playerbase are casual players.

When it comes to MTs, casual, competitive, and hardcore players alike frequently end up being whales. This is because they are designed to prey on people's addictive tendencies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Buying a 4k 24” screen is so pointless. It’s not like phones where you bring it up to your face. You’ll have to squint to make out the extra detail. Modern TVs have gotten way better regarding response and input lag. Honestly playing on my new 55” isn’t that different from my old 24” benq

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed. I play on a 1440p 144 Hz monitor.. Kreygasm.

If you're going to get 4K, get a big screen TV or something in 4K.

Eh, my 27" BenQ looks freaking amazing with 4K.  24" MAY be a bit small, but 28" would be plenty for it to be worth it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's like a world's situation where they had this "great location" and it fell through and had to scramble last minute... they could seriously not have a TO right now after UMG backed out or something

Don't think I've seen any North Carolinians here yet so...Hi. If any of you are in NC keep your eyes out for any news of a couple Basement-style lans that will hopefully be happening in Raleigh soon. I'm not planning them but i know they're in the works. Also Raleigh is pretty sweet.

I just realized I accidentally neg repped you (had to log onto desktop to figure it out), I'll make up for it. :)

xJs8OfB.gif

Harry Potter Gif with no Emma Watson, how does this have positive rep?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Im glad to see that we are still waiting till everyone loses interest to announce the TO

Yep. Looked like we were finally getting communication/interaction and it died just as fast as it always does. No steps forward. Granted they might just have literally nothing to say which is a huge problem on its own if that's what is happening.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Which team are you talking about?

Presumably the one that still retains Stellur and Eco. (I think they said Shotzzy and Renegade?)

49" lg oled hdr 4k tv. Only 400 dollars but only 60hz (tru motion 120 but thats fake) Worth it?

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-49UJ6300-4k-uhd-tv

No.

It doesnt have wide color gamut which =fake hdr. If you want a true 4k HDR tv on a budget the TCL P607/P605 is the way to go. The 607 is $650 on amazon the 605 is best buys version for $600. The 607 has a fancier remote control but they both have the same panel so they are pretty much the same TV picture wise.

Its also one of the best in terms of input lag.