CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Didn't UGC have a bunch of payout issues?

I think that was UMG?  UGC had one event that they ran for halo that was a bit of a shitshow, but they also ran one independently with 0 dev support that was one of the better events we have had to date.  Their "Omniview" streams are awesome.  It seems like payment delays are complaints everywhere and with dev support backing at least players have recourse should anything shitty happen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have you implied that I should generally not be listened to?

I believe the implication isn't that you shouldn't be listened to, its that you haven't been listened to.

Not sure who would do that though, your wisdom is legendary.

What if it's multiple TOs? 

What if it's multiple TOs? 

That's ok with me if MLG is primary and actually assists staffing, planning, and logistics with the TO's running the smaller events.

I'm thinking of it like sub-contracting any job be it parts of building a house, running an event or creating a game.  Contracting is totally fine and can lead to high-quality results as long as the management and expectations of the primary are up to snuff and the sub-contractor is as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since we're talking about MLG and TOs/Circuit formats I'll pitch my ideal setup:

MLG runs Majors/HWC. These are the equivalent to our current season finals and we have 3-4 a year. Any reputable TO is allowed to host Minor events with a small contribution to the prize pool from 343 and with seeding points available. There are 2 types of seeding: Individual seeding points that can be earned through Majors, Minors, MS Store tournaments, and Online cups/ladders. Team-based seeding for teams who get top-16 at a Major (these points supersede individual points and require 3/4 original players or 2/4 and the coach to maintain).

I also don't see any reason why we couldn't use matchmaking CSR to break ties in seeding. Anything we can do to lessen the RNG in brackets.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Since we're talking about MLG and TOs/Circuit formats I'll pitch my ideal setup:

MLG runs Majors/HWC. These are the equivalent to our current season finals and we have 3-4 a year. Any reputable TO is allowed to host Minor events with a small contribution to the prize pool from 343 and with seeding points available. There are 2 types of seeding: Individual seeding points that can be earned through Majors, Minors, MS Store tournaments, and Online cups/ladders. Team-based seeding for teams who get top-16 at a Major (these points supersede individual points and require 3/4 original players or 2/4 and the coach to maintain).

I also don't see any reason why we couldn't use matchmaking CSR to break ties in seeding. Anything we can do to lessen the RNG in brackets.

I can think of one very good reason.

• Upvote (+1) 8

CoD doing stuff

S5YQFTJ.jpg

I wonder, if they don't announce a columbus open as apart of the next 3 is because they have the LAN League in columbus at MLG Arena.

I wonder, if they don't announce a columbus open as apart of the next 3 is because they have the LAN League in columbus at MLG Arena.

iirc they said it would be in columbus on tues, wed, and thur

CoD doing stuff

S5YQFTJ.jpg

its crazy that cod is so big, it has a two pro league seasons worth 1.4 mil and a "b" league. just imagine what halo would be like if the reigns were given to mlg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can think of one very good reason.

Literally can't be worse than RNG. Two teams with the same seed: One plays a team that competes for 1st in every cup and the other plays a team that gets top-32 but doesn't lose points to team changes. Why leave it up to a coin toss?

Hopefully we get individual points so there are only a couple of teams without seeds as opposed to like half the teams losing their seeds from roster changes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

just imagine what halo would be like if halo reach and h4 were good, and then MCC worked flawlessly on day 1

fixed :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 9

its crazy that cod is so big, it has a two pro league seasons worth 1.4 mil and a "b" league. just imagine what halo would be like if the reigns were given to mlg

Halo would not be like that.

All that stuff just comes from Activision pumping TONS of money (compared to Halo) into CoD. 

With the current Halo budget we would obviously not get a season like that, not even half as big.

Lets hope that 'current' Halo budget is bigger for next season