Sign in to follow this  
TTUVAPOR

what ever happened to the overall mlg forum community?

Genuinely curious as to what ever happened with the overall mlg forum community? I remember there being hundreds of posters and then after the forums got taken down and gb was the only place...did most come here because i dont see the activity it once was when it was on mlg forums. :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm curious what makes you so curious.

Been pondering this for a while.

After MLG forums shutdown...I believe everyone went to gamebattles but that place seemed fizzled. Then this site was created, mostly dedicated to Halo...and I believe still is...but there used to be a huge general gaming community of MLG and that seems to not exist anymore.

For instance, the general gaming section of this forum is not very active. I rarely see any discussions on new and current popular games and it surprises me.

Did everyone just retire from forum discussions or did they go someplace else?

TheHaloCouncil seemed to take a lot of them after MLG shut down their forums but that died as well and then this seemed to take over as the big go-to place for the MLG people.

i enjoy this place, however the actual games discuis basically bon existant...i mean the most popular game on the planet seems like it doesnt exist if you were to try to discuss it here. i really missed the overal gen gaming discussions...just seems like it’s off topic and halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Been pondering this for a while.

After MLG forums shutdown...I believe everyone went to gamebattles but that place seemed fizzled. Then this site was created, mostly dedicated to Halo...and I believe still is...but there used to be a huge general gaming community of MLG and that seems to not exist anymore.

For instance, the general gaming section of this forum is not very active. I rarely see any discussions on new and current popular games and it surprises me.

Did everyone just retire from forum discussions or did they go someplace else?

Twitter and reddit happened. These types of forums are out of style right now, not just for halo or gaming

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo's dead

Forums just ain't popular anymore 

Twitter 

Life 

All that shit 

The MLG community and the Halo community in general took a nose dive with Reach. 90% of the Halo sites shut down before Halo 4 even came out. After Halo 4, everything just got worst.

The MLG community and the Halo community in general took a nose dive with Reach. 90% of the Halo sites shut down before Halo 4 even came out. After Halo 4, everything just got worst.

I think people always remember Halo reach being the one that killed halo but I always remember it having a pretty damn good population. From what I remember it was in the top 5 games played around its time, just not number 1 like before.  Where as Halo 4 it sunk down to like 10k players or some shit lol. That's when it all really fucking died for me. Reach really wasn't a bad era for my self personally.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think people always remember Halo reach being the one that killed halo but I always remember it having a pretty damn good population. From what I remember it was in the top 5 games played around its time, just not number 1 like before.  Where as Halo 4 it sunk down to like 10k players or some shit lol. That's when it all really fucking died for me. Reach really wasn't a bad era for my self personally.  

That's why I said the community took a nose dive and not the population. Yes, people were playing Reach but the inner communities died out because Bungie was pretty much ignoring all of them with no TU's or competitive focus. The Bungie Weekly Updates literally poked fun of communities asking for reasonable fixes. I've said this before but something happened with Bungie from 2007-2010 in terms of community leadership. They went from a fun down-to-earth developer to a smug and "we're always right" attitude.

Holy shitt I feel like an og reading thiss. I think on my lunch break I'm going to rub one out in exultation!!! Buncha noobs on here.

The super srs ot kids did have there own website for a Lil while on a side note

Anyone remember that flaming f!$##$rto shoot and his loyal band on headband wearing duck riders???

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stickam and news ot kids becoming moderators is what really ruined the ot section imo.

should've banned @@Moa when they had the chance tbh

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fuck I'm almost double the age I was when I registered on mlg lol

March 22nd 2005, never forget.... Also, you are younger than I thought.

• Upvote (+1) 2

March 22nd 2005, never forget.... Also, you are younger than I thought.

I mean I was 14/15 then, now I'm 27.

So 'almost' I guess.