Sign in to follow this  
TTUVAPOR

what ever happened to the overall mlg forum community?

The MLG admins banned a lot of OG posters, people who joined from '03-'05, as well as a handful of people who were just trolling on the forums. It created a huge uproar from anyone that was left and took a lot of the soul out of the forums. Most of those people went on to another forum, I forget which one, I think it's still up and running?

Around this time there was also a some what secret group of people posting on another forum called The Sanctuary, which consisted of pro players, some staff, and mostly consistent posters from the forums. But, this place died pretty fast after Reach was released. 

Halo Reach was probably the biggest killer of all. The game is fucking horrible and a lot of people quit playing and since they quit playing they stopped posting on forums to talk about the tournaments, and other Halo related subjects. COD also played a strong role into this as well.

And then MLG decided to combine the Game Battles forums and the MLG forums and this did nothing but kill off the remaining people left. Plus, things like Reddit and forums in general becoming less popular didn't help either. 

I'm probably forgetting something but that sums it for the most part. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone pretty much grew up and we're just hanging onto nostalgia hoping our friends come back. 

Replying to this because the nostalgia hit me hard today. After taking a trip down memory lane on the MLG site I found myself here to make my annual post. Haven't been involved in MLG for a good five years now (crazy to think it has been that long!) or Beyond for that matter in quite some time. But I decided to venture over to the MLG site today and was sad to see they removed the MLG/GB forums completely. All of those memories from that decade plus of my life, gone. I'm forever grateful for the experiences I was able to have and the friends I made through MLG/THC/Beyond. I truly wouldn't be where I am today without Halo/MLG in my life. Crazy to think how much of an impact this game really had on me, who would have thought it would still be a part of my life today? Sorry, I'm reflecting haha. Either way, it's bittersweet, was hoping to reminisce and search through some old posts to and find a gem or two. The MLG forums and events themselves will always hold a special place in my heart. Also, hope you know, MLG paintball will live on as one of my favorite gaming memories of all time. Hope all is well!

• Upvote (+1) 1

What hurts me is that if 343 didn't fuck everything up, we wouldn't be talking about all this stuff in the past tense. We'd all be still wondering what was going on in the private "pro" section of the forum, we'd still have the Four Horsemen of TPD, and we'd all still be going to events. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Let’s talk about the Halo 2 friends list. I miss that thing man. Remember when we could be overlords and message all friends at once?

To4

What hurts me is that if 343 didn't fuck everything up, we wouldn't be talking about all this stuff in the past tense. We'd all be still wondering what was going on in the private "pro" section of the forum, we'd still have the Four Horsemen of TPD, and we'd all still be going to events.

Thought Provoking Discussion was probably the top thread of all time on that forum, imo. Wish it existed here to any appreciable extent on this forum. I'm always here if anyone wants to talk that real science shit, last week I created potentially the coldest environment in the known universe using magneto-optical trapping on rubidium atoms in a high vacuum. It was fkn crazy.

I also miss your rants, Lemon. ;)

Thought Provoking Discussion was probably the top thread of all time on that forum, imo. Wish it existed here to any appreciable extent on this forum. I'm always here if anyone wants to talk that real science shit, last week I created potentially the coldest environment in the known universe using magneto-optical trapping on rubidium atoms in a high vacuum. It was fkn crazy.

I also miss your rants, Lemon. ;)

you are a bum smear 

NBA thread never died, thanks to team beyond for keeping the dream alive after all these years.

Pretty wild to see a good number of dudes come back and reminisce. I definitely miss the old forums; hope all of ya'll are doing well.

(Dr Good) Status here :)

This Thanksgiving marked my return to Halo forums after a decade+ hiatus. Used to absolutely love [and sometimes not so much love) posting on the MLG forum and the AGP forum before that.

Really nice to come back and see some familiar names still posting.

Brings back memories and nostalgia.

Kinda re-kindling my dying flame of love for Halo.