Brutality

Weapon Tuning Exact Updates

I am ok with this IF the reticle returns to the original starting position before the next trigger pull. The adjustment i want to have to make is how high to aim at a target based on its distance from me. i don't want to have to push my thumbstick down between trigger pulls to adjust. That's just annoying.

I found that crouching down during the duration of the burst helps me be more accurate. An extremely silly solution though.

I found that crouching down during the duration of the burst helps me be more accurate. An extremely silly solution though.

Crouching with ARs removes recoil, is this also true for the BR?

Not sure if you get less recoil and spread while crouched, would need to do another wall shooting test.

What I meant in that post is that you un-crouch before shooting and while the burst is firing you crouch again, which neatly compensates for the recoil and causes all three bullets to land in roughly the same area, plus of course random spread can still fuck you over. This obviously only works in select circumstances, I would never do that in a 1v1 haha.

Not sure if you get less recoil and spread while crouched, would need to do another wall shooting test.

What I meant in that post is that you un-crouch before shooting and while the burst is firing you crouch again, which neatly compensates for the recoil and causes all three bullets to land in roughly the same area, plus of course random spread can still fuck you over. This obviously only works in select circumstances, I would never do that in a 1v1 haha.

haha what a convoluted solution to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

I have totally stopped playing that playlist until they re-retune shit again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah... Well, a better way to compensate for the recoil is to just not aim at the head at all -- only the very tip top of your inner reticule circle should touch the head -- as long as that criteria is met, the game will still count it as a headshot (the DMR is even MORE forgiving, you can put the bottom of the circle on the belt and still get headshot compensation).

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was pre-patch, no idea now.

What the fucking fuck is this? I havent played halo 5 in like 6 months but are you talking about halo or counter-strike. It's a joke how the developers of halo don't know how to make a halo game. Every other decades other franchise shooter that I can think of keeps the basic mechanics of the game the same between titles. This BS is so annoying. Probably why I just play pc shooters now.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What the fucking fuck is this? I havent played halo 5 in like 6 months but are you talking about halo or counter-strike. It's a joke how the developers of halo don't know how to make a halo game. Every other decades other franchise shooter that I can think of keeps the basic mechanics of the game the same between titles. This BS is so annoying. Probably why I just play pc shooters now.

If you count bloom reduction then it's been this way since Reach...

90% of Halo's problems would be solved with a better strafe and less aim assist.

Yet here we are. Again. Band-aids on top of band-aids creating the need for more band-aids. For fucks sake, learn balance and fix the underlying problems.

This seems to be the pattern with 343. It honestly seems like they actively avoid implementing anything critical community members have suggested and explained. Instead, they seemingly draw a bunch of random nonsense changes from a hat and throw them out there after 6 months of "testing." Sure, you could just make the strafe more responsive, turn down the ridiculous aim assist mechanics, buff the magnum to a 4sk, and disable the motion sensor, but 343 being high-minded intellectuals instead opt for... BR spread, ludicrous recoil/no RRR for the gunfighter magnum (a pointless weapon to begin with), "Spartan Ability" radar, some spread tweaks for the SMG/AR (which still absolutely melt people anyway).

​They did exactly the same thing with the new "Throwback" playlist. Despite the fact that I know of at least 2 "classic" gametypes that have been pretty heavily discussed and play-tested, let's SLOW the movement and the shield recharge time. Literally no one asked for that! Perfect. BR/AR starts? Gigantic radar? Even better! Doesn't even have Narrows in it? Of course we needed room for maps like SNOWBOUND and ISOLATION. Brilliant.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd take Boundless and Iso over Ghost Town and High Ground any day. Those are my bottom two by a country mile, especially without assymetrical obj gametypes for High Ground

This seems to be the pattern with 343. It honestly seems like they actively avoid implementing anything critical community members have suggested and explained. Instead, they seemingly draw a bunch of random nonsense changes from a hat and throw them out there after 6 months of "testing." Sure, you could just make the strafe more responsive, turn down the ridiculous aim assist mechanics, buff the magnum to a 4sk, and disable the motion sensor, but 343 being high-minded intellectuals instead opt for... BR spread, ludicrous recoil/no RRR for the gunfighter magnum (a pointless weapon to begin with), "Spartan Ability" radar, some spread tweaks for the SMG/AR (which still absolutely melt people anyway).

​They did exactly the same thing with the new "Throwback" playlist. Despite the fact that I know of at least 2 "classic" gametypes that have been pretty heavily discussed and play-tested, let's SLOW the movement and the shield recharge time. Literally no one asked for that! Perfect. BR/AR starts? Gigantic radar? Even better! Doesn't even have Narrows in it? Of course we needed room for maps like SNOWBOUND and ISOLATION. Brilliant.

Not taking ANY of the blame off 343. They gather all their "feedback" from Reddit Halo and Waypoint. I was on Reddit a lot lately for other games and I spent some time on the halo board. At least half of the comments there are in full support of everything 343 does and I assume the majority will be happy with these changes. And 343i can confirm their own biases like they have done for years.

There was a recent post about halo 3's success compared to 343's direction that must have hit over 1k comments now and again, the majority of the responses are saying halo 3's success was just good timing and they all prefer having Sprint and Thrust in the game. 

Halo = Dead.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

There was a recent post about halo 3's success compared to 343's direction that must have hit over 1k comments now and again, the majority of the responses are saying halo 3's success was just good timing and they all prefer having Sprint and Thrust in the game. 

Halo = Dead.  

Oh god the amount of people saying H3 had no competition and it would be dead on arrival if it came out today gave me a headache. Never mind that 2007 was probably the best year in gaming history and there are not only more gamers, but also more Xbox Ones now than 360s at this point in its life span.

But no, Reach, CEA, H4, MCC and of course H5 itself had nothing to do with Halo 5's inability to stay in the top 25 games. I mean I literally can't find matches in playlists like FFA and Warzone Assault on Friday and Saturday nights in central EU (on Expanded), but "the population is fine, nostagiafag Bungie fanboy".

Other long-term franchises like Battlefield, FIFA and Call of Duty seem to be doing just fine, it's just poor Halo that is suffering from so much competition, even though there is no single game out there that plays anything like the first three Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not taking ANY of the blame off 343. They gather all their "feedback" from Reddit Halo and Waypoint. I was on Reddit a lot lately for other games and I spent some time on the halo board. At least half of the comments there are in full support of everything 343 does and I assume the majority will be happy with these changes. And 343i can confirm their own biases like they have done for years.

Halo = Dead.  

Oh, I know they post on Reddit, Waypoint, and GAF, which is why I very specifically cited their "critical community members." The people with actual critiques of their products and services get ignored in favor of the "barvo" crowd who proudly sniff their farts. The people who would provide meaningful feedback on anything have been slowly driven from any of the platforms on which 343 employees regularly post. And when they post here, it's almost always in the HCS Thread (i.e. mostly pointless).