CyReN

Halo Online Discussion

Where's the H3 model mod tutorial at? 

I'm sure it'll take 5 minutes of Googling, but someone should tag it here .

Onslaught is really quite rough under good network conditions with BRs that actually hit their targets. On the other hand maps like Guardian feel much better.

A theoretical v9 of competitive settings might not be a bad idea, especially if it updates the map pool around the sandbox changes and Forge improvements.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People talking about using the h3 models.

Plebs (lol jk). I simply used the view editor to move them offscreen. I'd much rather be able to see 100% of my screen than have rockets take up 1/4 of it. 

It always bugged me how bulky the H3 BR looks compared to the H2 one. I always thought it hogged the screen too much.

Could this game run on a decently new laptop? Assuming yes seeing as it's capped at 60fps, and it's basically just H3.

Depends on what you mean by "decently new". Runs on mine just fine, no frame loss, but I'm 90% sure mine's a model from this year. I'd guess it'd be fine if your comp's just a year or two behind. But as the other one said. Give it a run for yourself. Only way to really know.

It always bugged me how bulky the H3 BR looks compared to the H2 one. I always thought it hogged the screen too much.

i love how you can adjust how much of the gun you have on the screen

Could this game run on a decently new laptop? Assuming yes seeing as it's capped at 60fps, and it's basically just H3.

I have a laptop with a 1050ti 4gb, and an i5-7300hq. The game seems to be optimized poorly, because neither my gpu nor cpu go over 50% utilization and stay around ambient temperature, but I still get fairly bad stuttering even on low settings. Tried turning on triple buffering, and toggling the ingame vsync with no success. The fpslimiter is off as well. Maybe you will have better results?  :thinking:

Edit: Something seems to have changed between two days ago and today. My CPU is maxing out at 100% utilization and the game is running very smoothly now. Your laptop will probably run this fine.

I think ill start reverting my money to a developer that actually gives their customers what they want.  :cool:

• Upvote (+1) 1

How far will Microsoft actually go in taking the game down?  I know that there were some 343 employees playing the game as well.

Well they're still up. they will probably be rehosted but there sure won't be 7.8k people playing on them. shit is unreal seeing all the full 16 and 8 man parties. 

even if 90% of 343 wants halo online to stay, microsoft owns it and they make the decisions. 

Well, I'm glad I played this a little tonight. If I'd put it off another day there'd have been nothing to play.

Still, the silver lining is that 343 and MSFT know there's definite interest for a classic Halo experience on PC and this may be a very useful point on a CV for any of the ElDewrito team hoping to work professionally in game development.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Onslaught is really quite rough under good network conditions with BRs that actually hit their targets. On the other hand maps like Guardian feel much better.

A theoretical v9 of competitive settings might not be a bad idea, especially if it updates the map pool around the sandbox changes and Forge improvements.

Even though Halo Online is dead, I like the way you think.

"As we look ahead, we’re very excited about the prospects of an official classic Halo experience making its way to PC"

Pretty much guarantees MCC on PC at some point.  Once MCC on xbone is updated to the point we are happy they'll port it over to PC.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It was very reasonable of them to shut it down, but it does feel like a lose for everyone. Halo fans get shafted, MS look like bullies, and all we are given to take comfort in is a vague promise that they are listening to us, plus a shoutout to Installation 01. Though it is really cool that 343 specifically shouted out i01, and even included a link to the website, that's years away from being a complete game... Side note, my avi is from i01, shit is spectacular from an art standpoint.

We are left to wait years for a fan project, or years for a PC port of MCC, or hoping that Halo 6 will be a classic style game with a good PC port. Just feels terrible all around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, that sure was short-lived. Most fun I've had with Halo in ages. It was going to happen eventually, I suppose, but man, the timing is very unfortunate.

Hopefully 343 will follow through on that demand that they have acknowledged for a classic Halo PC experience.

I bought (2) Beyond dedicated servers... who wants to help me set it up to run 24/7 MLG Settings?

:simms:

rip

• Upvote (+1) 9