CyReN

Halo Online Discussion

The ranked/social servers need to let us pick our own teams. trying to play with friends is hard since there arent many customs that aren't silly gametypes. 

Sadly Halo online is about as good as MCC for me. I can get games great so it has that over MCC but there are known unfixable bugs https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/wiki/knownissues

Random Crashing: High end Nvidia GPU's are also known to randomly crash, image freezes but the rest keeps working. No known fix.

This is what happens to me. Might have to use my older computer lol.

Hitscan BR is what h3 should have been online. It's definitely less frustrating. playing these maps and being able to kill people far away is so weird but satisfying. The sniper in this game is also really picky. The head hitbox is small for the sniper, seems to be a hitbox above the head that gets u a body shot too lol, maybe im imaging things

The aim assist is real though on controller. or maybe h3 aiming on console was that poor. I aimed really well on controller today. Also mouse and keyboard worked fine for me, at least on my on host/local game. Got to play with the controller tho cause ghost jumping and general movement with wasd is not for me

So I tried to check my stats on Halostats and there are a multiple TukmanPCs there. It turns out every time I have booted up the game it creates a new profile in halostats. Also my emblem keeps changing on it's own even between games. Does anyone else have the problem or know a fix, thank you :)

So I want to start hosting a server but there is no way to save server settings. How do you host a dedicated 24/7 server without having to change the settings every time?

So I can host my own servers? Haven't had a chance to play because I've had friends in town visiting for the last 5 days. 

For people having trouble getting into games with their friends. Found on Reddit.

"Your current best options seems to use the discord invite option (discord rich presence). once you or a friend is in the server switch over to discord and look for the file attachment button, it should have a green mark. click it and there will be an option to send a game invite. They click the invite and it will take them into the server."

Make sure discord can see what you are playing. It will only work through the app not the website.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I bought (2) Beyond dedicated servers... who wants to help me set it up to run 24/7 MLG Settings?

:simms:

I'd be willing to help out - I'm interested in setting up/hosting some servers and automation for spinning up new ones. That's a big part of what I do in my day job, so if you want any help you know where to find me. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm so happy Summit is streaming this game, but as stupid as it sounds, I literally can't watch for more than a couple minutes because he still doesn't have H3 skins and his FOV is fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The game feels reasonably okay and holy crap what a difference a centred reticle and decent FoV makes, but could be a lot better with some more polish and a willingness to experiment/expand on QoL features within the H2/3 gameplay model. More granular sensitivity options for controllers, better feedback on guns via optional animated reticles and hitmarkers (direct hits only to prevent explosives being info tools), improving the consistency of sound cues, expanding custom game options, etc. Even if these are done via mod packs like the current H3 weapon skins.

I suppose some of this is just down to the fact that there are limitations in the base game that are difficult or impractical to develop around, but I'm being hopeful.

For v0.6 it's pretty solid so I'm expecting that it will continue to improve.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Could this game run on a decently new laptop? Assuming yes seeing as it's capped at 60fps, and it's basically just H3.

I don't have a PC and this game isn't going to change that but I think its cool there is some outlet available for people to get their fix of Classic Halo. As much as I loved competing in H3 and enjoy the game casually I still would rather play Halo CE or Halo 2 over Halo 3. It does sound like they made some promising fixes though.

I know its a lot easier said than done but I've always stressed that people who feel so dearly about their preferred version of Halo should do something about it. I'm aware how bad it is to play H3 on 360 due to lack of population and the amount of modders, but it's nice to see that there is some large scale outlet for all you die hard Halo 3 fans, just like the CE guys have Neutral Host Edition

edit: didn't realize my post came across negative. I'm saying that this is a good thing now that we have this. Now people have something to go to and play that is classic, where as before they didn't have any really good options.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm so happy Summit is streaming this game, but as stupid as it sounds, I literally can't watch for more than a couple minutes because he still doesn't have H3 skins and his FOV is fucked.

I found out while i was at work that you can move the viewmodel for your weapon through the settings and now i have serious FOMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here?  :kappa:

Sometimes.  :simms:

EDIT: I'm going to finally DL/install tonight and look into their the details a bit. Figure out what's realistic and go from there. 

Could this game run on a decently new laptop? Assuming yes seeing as it's capped at 60fps, and it's basically just H3.

It doesn't perform as well as you'd expect from a 2007 game.  Even with my shitty 2012 CPU and RAM you'd think I still wouldn't get any stuttering at all but I do.  How much of that is the CPU and how much is just the game itself is hard to say.  Obviously my GTX 1060 isn't the problem.

So, I don't know.  Only real answer I can give is to download it and test for yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It doesn't perform as well as you'd expect from a 2007 game.  Even with my shitty 2012 CPU and RAM you'd think I still wouldn't get any stuttering at all but I do.  How much of that is the CPU and how much is just the game itself is hard to say.  Obviously my GTX 1060 isn't the problem.

So, I don't know.  Only real answer I can give is to download it and test for yourself.

Optimization is hard - I can imagine even harder with an old engine and limited resources. I'm going to run some tests with my GTX 1080ti tonight. I'm interested in seeing what kind of debug, crash reporting tools, logs, etc. are available. I really hope they have some verbose logging options server side. 

Seems like the BR works great, but the Sniper doesn't at all. Maybe it's just me.

I agree the BR is extremely crisp. I haven't had any issues with the sniper so far but my play time has been a bit limited.

I bought (2) Beyond dedicated servers... who wants to help me set it up to run 24/7 MLG Settings?

:simms:

please don't shuffle teams so people can choose to team up! 

People talking about using the h3 models.

Plebs (lol jk). I simply used the view editor to move them offscreen. I'd much rather be able to see 100% of my screen than have rockets take up 1/4 of it. 

People talking about using the h3 models.

Plebs (lol jk). I simply used the view editor to move them offscreen. I'd much rather be able to see 100% of my screen than have rockets take up 1/4 of it. 

Anything is better than the halo 4 models imo. I can't wait to get home and mess with the view editor

• Upvote (+1) 1