CyReN

Halo Online Discussion

Does it have all of Halo 3's shitty aiming problems?

It's hard to say. If you're using M&KB I'd say no, not at all.

As for controller, the last game I played was Halo 5 so comparing it to that it feels like Christmas. It feels quite conformable to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does it have all of Halo 3's shitty aiming problems?

If you mean the grid aiming? Yes.  Looking diagonally is not possible with any repeatable accuracy.  I prefer H5's (current) aiming at this point.

side note:  I definitely got booted from games for saying 1) explaining to people why they were wrong to have sprint turned on and 2) telling people the next game they should make big team BR starts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

side note: I definitely got booted from games for saying 1) explaining to people why they were wrong to have sprint turned on and 2) telling people the next game they should make big team BR starts.

We solved this by hosting our own game called "BR starts no sprint"

Filled up sooooo fast.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't mean to turn this into a 343 roastfest, but it really is indicative of the times that a bunch of unpaid enthusiasts can make a better product than a paid development team.

And on top of all that, I've managed to have near perfect connection so far, literally zero issues with lag besides when the server I was on ended up getting shut off mid-game. Can shoot people cross map without registration issues (hitscan definitely plays a part in helping with that of course). These community-run servers have been running smoother for me than H5 dedicateds. What a world we live in.

Anyways, I'm in love with this damn game. It has a lot of what everyone's been asking for in a modern Halo game. Custom game/server browser, PC, keyboard + mouse support, old school Halo. It just took a bunch of Halo fans to actually go out and do it since the actual devs wouldn't.

This was initially built by a team hired by Microsoft or an internal team, I don't remember. Using assets payed for by Microsoft, with a lot of code already done that was payed for by Microsoft, I'm sure some of the code still in the game was done by a team payed by Microsoft, that was initially marketed by Microsoft. That has a server browser that (I believe) was initially built by a team, even if it wasn't Halo 5 has the custom browser you are asking for. With that server browser you can build the classic Halo experience you are looking for and run customs, just like you can do in Halo Online.

I'm glad it works for you, but I still cannot get into a game. So by MCC standards the game doesn't work.

It's cool that a modding team did this for free. But to make a statement like "a bunch of unpaid enthusiasts can make a better product than a paid development team" is more ridiculous than Dan Ayoub saying Relic is good for competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Station 9 is remade and on some mlg servers  :wutface:

Also maybe it's the FOV but nades on this game are nukes. we back to reach boys?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Neighbor is starting to stream Halo Online

• Upvote (+1) 3

Neighbor is starting to stream Halo Online

Wow, I didnt even know he streamed. Thanks for the link. Wish he had more influence on the 343 dev team though

Wow, I didnt even know he streamed. Thanks for the link. Wish he had more influence on the 343 dev team though

He has 0 Influence now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's right though, unfortunately. This is a case of the Halo community accepting scraps.

yeah I played it yesterday and ... uh ... it's okay?  a weird combination of H2/H3 with lag.  I dunno.  definitely nice to have a free-to-play PC Halo though

This is his first stream in a long time. He said he wants to start streaming more though. I think he recently bought a full setup for it.

His twitch profile says former 343 employee. I wasn't aware he had even left.

This was initially built by a team hired by Microsoft or an internal team, I don't remember. Using assets payed for by Microsoft, with a lot of code already done that was payed for by Microsoft, I'm sure some of the code still in the game was done by a team payed by Microsoft, that was initially marketed by Microsoft. That has a server browser that (I believe) was initially built by a team, even if it wasn't Halo 5 has the custom browser you are asking for. With that server browser you can build the classic Halo experience you are looking for and run customs, just like you can do in Halo Online.

I'm glad it works for you, but I still cannot get into a game. So by MCC standards the game doesn't work.

It's cool that a modding team did this for free. But to make a statement like "a bunch of unpaid enthusiasts can make a better product than a paid development team" is more ridiculous than Dan Ayoub saying Relic is good for competitive play.

I'll admit I'm giving the modders a lot of credit and not giving enough credit to the work by Saber Interactive. But still, when you consider that the core was there and it was instead used to make some sort of microtransactionfest for Russians - that's pretty disappointing. 

For all we know, it might be that Microsoft was using it to test the waters on a Halo PC launch, and if so then that's great and I hope that's the case (if they weren't considering it before, they definitely are now). This still speaks volumes about 343 though. Saber Interactive - these people have done a better job than 343 at porting over H3 and modernizing it. Along with the mods by Eldewrito to make it not P2W. I'll admit that I never played the game before this mod, so I don't know what's the work of the modders vs the original game. It's a bummer you can't get into games, because if you could you'd see just how much more polish is on this compared to MCC. Regardless, my personal experience so far has been stellar.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah so as long as you have mouse filtering and "reduce frame stutter" off, mouse aiming is fine.  Why don't they just call that shit VSync, everybody knows what that is....

Yeah so as long as you have mouse filtering and "reduce frame stutter" off, mouse aiming is fine.  Why don't they just call that shit VSync, everybody knows what that is....

Technically if your monitor is above 60hz and the game is locked to 60fps it's not vsync.

Do the MLG settings still use the original setting/damage values from Halo 3 so that the BR doesn't take 12 bullets to kill?

Do the MLG settings still use the original setting/damage values from Halo 3 so that the BR doesn't take 12 bullets to kill?

Game modes work that same way, so if the MLG Slayer gametype is made correctly, then it's 110% movement speed and 110% damage, meaning that 11 bullets for a BR burst will kill instead of 12.