CyReN

Halo Online Discussion

It's an FPS on PC.

It’s a halo game and aiming on pc in halo has never been that great in terms of mouse movements. It’s an fps on pc yes but most pc fps games aren’t halo. Overwatch on console is shit because of the aiming. The game is better built for a mouse.

It’s a halo game and aiming on pc in halo has never been that great in terms of mouse movements. It’s an fps on pc yes but most pc fps games aren’t halo. Overwatch on console is shit because of the aiming. The game is better built for a mouse.

This is gibberish.

Having so much fun with this game. Any Beyond customs happening sometime? :simms:

PS. I prefer using the controller over KB+M.

New server browser is 100x better.  You can start games before it finishes loading and it loads much quicker.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel odd using a Controller in a PC game.

Still... this is pretty good.  :fire:

Honestly I think the mouse aiming is fine, but that is just me.  I used a xim before and that was shit compared to this.  Maybe not Counter-strike in terms of precision but I'm having no issues destroying people.  Maybe try lowering your DPI, I think I'm only at 400.

Honestly I think the mouse aiming is fine, but that is just me. I used a xim before and that was shit compared to this. Maybe not Counter-strike in terms of precision but I'm having no issues destroying people. Maybe try lowering your DPI, I think I'm only at 400.

what FOV

I'm not really arguing that it's identical with H3. I'm just saying it doesn't shoot straight.

Obviously, there should be no spread and intentionally adding it back is some 343-tier patch note action.

to be fair, if the goal is to simply remake halo 3 on PC, it would make sense to keep the spread values the same. Might not be great but then again, why you playing halo 3 to begin with?

to be fair, if the goal is to simply remake halo 3 on PC, it would make sense to keep the spread values the same. Might not be great but then again, why you playing halo 3 to begin with?

I realize that's the goal and it's still stupid. Halo fans chasing a nostalgia fix instead of trying to really improve anything. "ElDewrito" in a nutshell.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 3 ran at 640p. Either way, use a 4:3 resolution(either black bars or stretched) for that pc fps pro experience.

Damn, my bad.

It´s really  good! I dont know if I should stick with m+k or just get a controller

Yes it's even got that authentic XBL experience

NxjJB0Y.jpg

Ah - Just as I remembered it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't mean to turn this into a 343 roastfest, but it really is indicative of the times that a bunch of unpaid enthusiasts can make a better product than a paid development team.

And on top of all that, I've managed to have near perfect connection so far, literally zero issues with lag besides when the server I was on ended up getting shut off mid-game. Can shoot people cross map without registration issues (hitscan definitely plays a part in helping with that of course). These community-run servers have been running smoother for me than H5 dedicateds. What a world we live in.

Anyways, I'm in love with this damn game. It has a lot of what everyone's been asking for in a modern Halo game. Custom game/server browser, PC, keyboard + mouse support, old school Halo. It just took a bunch of Halo fans to actually go out and do it since the actual devs wouldn't.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Friends and I just played for 5 hours straight. People saying things like "Want to play Halo tonight?"

No-one suggesting we switch game. Server filling up to capacity within 5 minutes.

This is the dream.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Aiming with the mouse actually feels alright if v-sync is turned off, the issue is the game has a tendency to stutter without it so it's not really an option to keep it off.  I hope that they smooth out the FPS issues in future releases so that using a KB+M feels nice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 days after launch and i'm seeing the highest concurrent playerbase yet.  DMCA takedown incoming....

3 days after launch and i'm seeing the highest concurrent playerbase yet.  DMCA takedown incoming....

I doubt it. Microsoft *might* want the extra publicity that it's generating, especially if Summit/Jackfrags/Ninja or someone of that caliber streams or uploads it. 

That's just a hunch. If they take it down I will be one salty boy.