CyReN

Halo Online Discussion

Yikes. Why would anyone with a functional brain WANT to play an FPS on PC with a controller?  :wutface:

Competitive FPS no way.

Games that feel amazing with KBM like DOOM no way.

Something like Fallout ehhhh. I would probably lean controller more than KBM.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aim assist is altered to not be near as strong in 0.6 It's much more balanced between controller and kb/m players now. It's basically Halo 3 multiplayer without projectiles. Games are through a server browser (there are official servers though with stat tracking and ranks). On release ranks are just progression, but there's a Halo 3 1:1 ranking system that will drop in a future update including playlist exp, trueskill (modified a bit), total exp, ranks, social, ranked, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do the weapons in Halo Online work? Are they all projectile based? Is BR spread still a thing?

Halo: Online is using Halo 4's engine as a base, so unless they're able to modify weapons and apply projectiles to bullets instead of hitscan, they're hitscan. Think of this more like modders trying to make Halo 4 into Halo 3.

Halo: Online is using Halo 4's engine as a base, so unless they're able to modify weapons and apply projectiles to bullets instead of hitscan, they're hitscan. Think of this more like modders trying to make Halo 4 into Halo 3.

Nah. The base is, if anything, Halo 3 ODST. It uses a lot of models and assets ripped from 4 though.

Is it out yet? I'm about to go home and I'd love to play this asap.

Nah. The base is, if anything, Halo 3 ODST. It uses a lot of models and assets ripped from 4 though.

Ah nvm about the engine part, remembered incorrectly, so more like ODST's engine, and trying to implement Halo 4 on top of it for a Russian F2P crowd. The whole thing was weird.

Yikes. Why would anyone with a functional brain WANT to play an FPS on PC with a controller? :wutface:

play halo online and you’ll know why.

Competitive FPS no way.

Games that feel amazing with KBM like DOOM no way.

Something like Fallout ehhhh. I would probably lean controller more than KBM.

Halo online isn't smooth enough for KBM. I prefer controller for it. But i prefer KBM overall.

play halo online and you’ll know why.

Because it's janky garbage and runs like ass? Or is there some other reason?

Halo online isn't smooth enough for KBM. I prefer controller for it. But i prefer KBM overall.

I actually didn't even try H:O with a controller during the short time I played it. Maybe I should give that a go with 0.6

yo yo yo yo yo yooooooooooo

where the update at?

Updater is shitting the bed on me... downloading the full version is taking forever.

1.8GB. I can't get the server browser to work. It just dims the screen.

EDIT: They just acknowledge the issue on their discord literally as I joined. Its being worked on

1.8GB. I can't get the server browser to work. It just dims the screen.

EDIT: They just acknowledge the issue on their discord literally as I joined. Its being worked on

nice.  i see people on twitch using it fine.  No workaround?

nice.  i see people on twitch using it fine.  No workaround?

Their discord has invites to customs. I assume some people aren't having the problem either.

EDIT: Its actually pretty neat. Its a direct link to join. If you have the game open it will put you in the party

I give it a week to fully iron out the bugs. Hopefully everyone will stick around that long and we get some great BEYOND CUSTOMS!

Tired of playing FFA Snipes on Narrows lol.

Discord said its up and running now and sure enough it is.

Takes a long time to load the browser but the numbers keep going up.  like 2800 people online earlier, now there are 3600