CyReN

Halo Online Discussion

Spawns aren’t working the same as they did in h3 surely? Warlock especially, spent a lot of time spawning right next to someone camping back base

Nope, it's a modified Halo 4 spawn engine. Which is why the spawns are whack.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else getting FFA ARs no matter what gametype is voted for? Drives me nuts.

Anyone else getting FFA ARs no matter what gametype is voted for? Drives me nuts.

Yes.  Some servers are fine but other seem to somehow be configured incorrectly.  The gametype that shows on the screen is not what you get when the game loads.

Then of course there are the individual lobbies that insist of having 16 person, AR start FFA's on Valhalla

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk about you guys but I'm out here preaching the good word of Halo: Online

I'm with you.

TLJ was solid. It didn't go trying to be Star Wars and I liked that.

WHY IS THERE NO CONSTRUCT OR HERETIC

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Try disabling "Fix FPS Stutter" in the options if you haven't already, that's Vsync, I don't know why they didn't just call it that, hopefully that helps.

Thanks, that seems to have worked!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks, that seems to have worked!

No problem, glad to hear it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

WHY IS THERE NO CONSTRUCT OR HERETIC

I'm pretty pleased with no Construct, actually. It has, quite honestly, the most baffling layout of a Halo map I've ever played in my life. It's not fun, and that someone thought it would be shocks me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm pretty pleased with not Construct, actually. It has, quite honestly, the most baffling layout of on Halo map I've ever played in my life. It's not fun, and that someone thought it would be shocks me.

Yeah I really don't like it.

I'm pretty pleased with no Construct, actually. It has, quite honestly, the most baffling layout of a Halo map I've ever played in my life. It's not fun, and that someone thought it would be shocks me.

You don't like helplessly lifting into very concentrated and nadeable rooms 90% of the game?

• Upvote (+1) 4

You don't like helplessly lifting into very concentrated and nadeable rooms 90% of the game?

Almost as much as I hate glorified Ring around the Rosie with guns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is there a team beyond discord for organized games of any sort? Being really enjoying playing but not having team specific voice chat in game for the ranked mlg servers is pretty annoying. 

Why do so many people hate TLJ? Aside from Leia’s Superman powers in space, I thought it was enjoyable. I don’t understand the hate.

This is a rambling rant written in between MCC matches. It's not the most coherent work I've ever done, plenty of other people have already de-constructed TLJ or Disney Wars as a whole much better than I could. But, you asked.

For starters; Rey. Rey is the biggest problem with Disney Wars. She's a Bella Swan from Twilight tier character, except that might actually be insulting to Bella (not sure, only sat through the first Twilight to get laid). She's the DM's girlfriend, MaRey Sue, Fanfiction Author Insert, etc etc pick your favorite trope. 

MJb4iXf.png

The rest of the characters aren't much better. Finn was building up to a decent character arc, but they managed to truncate that when Rose stopped him from taking out the crawling cannon thing and then they followed it up with that stupid "saving the ones we love line" which is immediately proven wrong when the FO uses that cannon to blow open the door to the base so that they can kill almost everyone Finn cares about.

Poe's storyline in TLJ is even more infuriating, he makes the correct decision to destroy the dreadnought (a couple of shitty bombers for a ship that can kill an entire fleet is a trade that should be taken 100% of the time), gets punished for it and then has to listen to Admiral Fuckface shit talk him publicly while she simultaneously appears to be everything she can to get the Resistance wiped out whilst giving stupid speeches about "muh hope".

Snoke has a movie and a half work of build-up that leads to basically nothing. Having Kylo kill him was unexpected, but unexpected writing and good writing are not the same thing. Also, if he knows where Rey is so that he can have Kylo and her Force-sext, he doesn't need her to find out where Luke is.

Ah, Luke. They managed to top shitting all over every bit of character growth Han Solo experienced in the original trilogy and re-setting him to a smuggler (with then nice addition of shitty husband and deadbeat dad). The idea that Luke Skywalker, the man who knowingly delivered himself up to Darth Vader and the Emperor because he believed he could save his father, literally the second most evil being in the galaxy, would consider murdering his nephew in his sleep because he might be tempted by the Dark Side is some of the worst writing I've ever seen. The idea that he would then run to the end of the galaxy to die instead of trying to fix the fact that his nephew's delivering himself up to a powerful darkside user is even more asinine.

Leia's death by TIE fighter actually wasn't a bad ending for her. It would have been a decent way to send off Carrie Fisher. Superman Leia was fucking stupid (not to mention logically inconsistent with the Star Wars universe).

Poor Chewie's been demoted to Rey's uber driver. Talk about a hard landing.

The entire "running out of fuel" plot is fundamentally flawed. The First Order isn't running out of fuel. One quick hyperspace jump to catch up and it's game fucking over for the entire Resistance.

If Admiral Fishbreath manages to communicate like an actual human being/a competent military officer with the head of her air group (one of the most important officers in a space navy) the entire Canto Blight plot is redundant. Also, getting lectured by Disney in a fucking Star Wars movie about the evils of capitalism is just offensive.

Luke's Force Projection moment was terrible. Leaving aside the fact that Disney thought it was a good idea to put a fucking Jay-Z reference in a Star Wars movie, this is possibly the weakest fucking ending for Luke possible. Luke's send off should have looked a lot more like Cap's entrance in IW or Thor's arrival towards the end than what we got. And not only that, but his entire sacrifice literally means nothing. It's the product placement crystal dogs and MaRey Sue who save the Resistance, Luke contributed nothing to that goal.

The entire "lets ram the Supremacy at lightspeed" scene is just wrong. That's not how hyperspace works.

I think I've covered most of my complaints. Probably missed something somewhere.

If you'd told me a decade ago I'd get more enjoyment from movies based on Marvel comics than I did Star Wars, I'd laugh in your face. If you told me that there'd be four new Star Wars movies out by May 2018 and only one of them would have been good and one of the others would have made Attack of the Clones okay by comparison, I would have laughed even harder. But, here's where we are now.

/rant

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is a rambling rant written in between MCC matches. It's not the most coherent work I've ever done, plenty of other people have already de-constructed TLJ or Disney Wars as a whole much better than I could. But, you asked.

For starters; Rey. Rey is the biggest problem with Disney Wars. She's a Bella Swan from Twilight tier character, except that might actually be insulting to Bella (not sure, only sat through the first Twilight to get laid). She's the DM's girlfriend, MaRey Sue, Fanfiction Author Insert, etc etc pick your favorite trope. 

MJb4iXf.png

The rest of the characters aren't much better. Finn was building up to a decent character arc, but they managed to truncate that when Rose stopped him from taking out the crawling cannon thing and then they followed it up with that stupid "saving the ones we love line" which is immediately proven wrong when the FO uses that cannon to blow open the door to the base so that they can kill almost everyone Finn cares about.

Poe's storyline in TLJ is even more infuriating, he makes the correct decision to destroy the dreadnought (a couple of shitty bombers for a ship that can kill an entire fleet is a trade that should be taken 100% of the time), gets punished for it and then has to listen to Admiral Fuckface shit talk him publicly while she simultaneously appears to be everything she can to get the Resistance wiped out whilst giving stupid speeches about "muh hope".

Snoke has a movie and a half work of build-up that leads to basically nothing. Having Kylo kill him was unexpected, but unexpected writing and good writing are not the same thing. Also, if he knows where Rey is so that he can have Kylo and her Force-sext, he doesn't need her to find out where Luke is.

Ah, Luke. They managed to top shitting all over every bit of character growth Han Solo experienced in the original trilogy and re-setting him to a smuggler (with then nice addition of shitty husband and deadbeat dad). The idea that Luke Skywalker, the man who knowingly delivered himself up to Darth Vader and the Emperor because he believed he could save his father, literally the second most evil being in the galaxy, would consider murdering his nephew in his sleep because he might be tempted by the Dark Side is some of the worst writing I've ever seen. The idea that he would then run to the end of the galaxy to die instead of trying to fix the fact that his nephew's delivering himself up to a powerful darkside user is even more asinine.

Leia's death by TIE fighter actually wasn't a bad ending for her. It would have been a decent way to send off Carrie Fisher. Superman Leia was fucking stupid (not to mention logically inconsistent with the Star Wars universe).

The entire "running out of fuel" plot is fundamentally flawed. The First Order isn't running out of fuel. One quick hyperspace jump to catch up and it's game fucking over for the entire Resistance.

If Admiral Fishbreath manages to communicate like an actual human being/a competent military officer with the head of her air group (one of the most important officers in a space navy) the entire Canto Blight plot is redundant. Also, getting lectured by Disney in a fucking Star Wars movie about the evils of capitalism is just offensive.

Luke's Force Projection moment was terrible. Leaving aside the fact that Disney thought it was a good idea to put a fucking Jay-Z reference in a Star Wars movie, this is possibly the weakest fucking ending for Luke possible. Luke's send off should have looked a lot more like Cap's entrance in IW or Thor's arrival towards the end than what we got. And not only that, but his entire sacrifice literally means nothing. It's the product placement crystal dogs and MaRey Sue who save the Resistance, Luke contributed nothing to that goal.

The entire "lets ram the Supremacy at lightspeed" scene is just wrong. That's not how hyperspace works.

I think I've covered most of my complaints. Probably missed something somewhere.

If you'd told me a decade ago I'd get more enjoyment from movies based on Marvel comics than I did Star Wars, I'd laugh in your face. If you told me that there'd be four new Star Wars movies out by May 2018 and only one of them would have been good and one of the others would have made Attack of the Clones okay by comparison, I would have laughed even harder. But, here's where we are now.

/rant

Honestly, man, I defy you to look at Return of the Jedi and not see the stupid cracks and glaring logic shits that complicate favorable comparisons between the OT and the Disney Trilogy. And The Last Jedi isn't worse than any of the prequels by any imaginable metric.

ON TOPIC. Does anyone with an ear to the ground know if the game can still be downloaded from the El Dewrito website?

• Upvote (+1) 1

MJb4iXf.png

/rant

if you think hard enough, you can tear apart almost any movie like this.  I have arguments against pretty much every thing you dislike, but im not going to go into it lol. Disney abandoned the EU for a reason, and frankly i think the franchise is far better for it.  Halo should do the same thing, interestingly enough.  

Honestly, man, I defy you to look at Return of the Jedi and not see the stupid cracks and glaring logic shits that complicate favorable comparisons between the OT and the Disney Trilogy. And The Last Jedi isn't worse than any of the prequels by any imaginable metric.

ON TOPIC. Does anyone with an ear to the ground know if the game can still be downloaded from the El Dewrito website?

No it can't.  But this is the internet so i'm sure you could find it if you tried hard enough :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Such as?

And no to the ED site. I have the .zip if you can't find it, though.

Anyone know where to get the Halo 3 HUD? It's like the only thing missing for me.

Any of these what you're looking for?

FjotViQ.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Such as?

FjotViQ.png

I'm at work right now and the image won't load but, I'll peep it when I get home.

The bullet magnetism on the AR is really something else. People light me up from across the map on the pit lmao. 

p.s. im looking for thehalo 3 hud too. idk what it'd be called. I just want all the extra visor effects removed. 

The bullet magnetism on the AR is really something else. People light me up from across the map on the pit lmao. 

p.s. im looking for thehalo 3 hud too. idk what it'd be called. I just want all the extra visor effects removed. 

In FMM (foundation mod manager), you want to pick the mod called "Halo 3 Visors" by Zero524

• Upvote (+1) 1

Such as?

*snip*

is that the H2ABR SKIN!!!?!?!?!

• Upvote (+1) 1

if you think hard enough, you can tear apart almost any movie like this. I have arguments against pretty much every thing you dislike, but im not going to go into it lol. Disney abandoned the EU for a reason, and frankly i think the franchise is far better for it. Halo should do the same thing, interestingly enough.

No it can't. But this is the internet so i'm sure you could find it if you tried hard enough :)

I feel like Halo should keep all the EU prior to The Forerunner books. Then abandon both the Mainline and the EU from that point on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like Halo should keep all the EU prior to The Forerunner books. Then abandon both the Mainline and the EU from that point on.

As someone who has only read like 2 EU books, i'm fairly uneducated on this other than the ways in which the EU made the story of Halo 4 and 5 basically nonsensical,  which is probably why i feel so strongly they need to abandon their attempts to incorporate it into the games.

I wonder how you explain a choice like that though?  You are basically saying "these are good and make sense" and "These are shit and dont".  I mean, i guess that's as good a reason as any, but the more logical choice from the casual audience perspective would be the main games exist in this universe, the EU exists in this other universe, but cutting out the nonsense from 4/5 sounds good too.....

Regardless, they have to do something to reign in the EU's influence on the main games and make them actually make sense again to the much larger audience of people that only play the games.

• Upvote (+1) 3