CyReN

Halo Online Discussion

But seriously man, TLJ was about as good as RotJ. It made about as much sense.

Ah, so I am not alone in that feeling. Nice to see another who likes the film.

But as for Halo Online, Attack on Titan is perhaps one of the most incredible Infection variants I've ever come across. So simple yet so fun.

It was strange seeing Yoda dancing in a g-string though.

I disagree. I'm still inclined to buy Halo 6.

I'm never going to see another one of Disney's abortions in theater again.

didn't mean to neg rep even tho i disagree with u

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, it's not shut down. People are killing the game even more by spreading that misconception around.

Which is exactly what 343/MS wanted so props to them I guess.

Ah, so I am not alone in that feeling. Nice to see another who likes the film.

But as for Halo Online, Attack on Titan is perhaps one of the most incredible Infection variants I've ever come across. So simple yet so fun.

Yeah I liked both of the newer films and Rogue One. I don't understand the hate.  You mean there are women in the movies, people that do dumb shit actually get in trouble for it and The Force is actually interesting now?  I'm in.

Also i still saw 6k people in HaloOnline yesterday.  Finding good games is still easy but yeah, "growth" at this point is probably not possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I liked both of the newer films and Rogue One. I don't understand the hate.  You mean there are women in the movies, people that do dumb shit actually get in trouble for it and The Force is actually interesting now?  I'm in.

Also i still saw 6k people in HaloOnline yesterday.  Finding good games is still easy but yeah, "growth" at this point is probably not possible.

Idk about you guys but I'm out here preaching the good word of Halo: Online

Yeah no, opposite. I'm disinclined to continue business with Microsoft for anything besides operating systems and office software because of their treatment of their IPs and recent business decisions (and I'm actually not talking about Halo Online getting the shaft, though that certainly doesn't help)

Fair enough. I just know that I still at least enjoy watching Halo 5 and sometimes have a lot of fun playing it with friends. Do I prefer classic Halo? Fuck yes. I've been balls deep in Halo Online these past few days and the only reason I'm not playing it tonight is because of the MCC test flight. But I'll fire up Halo 5 for the oddball playlists like H2BR slayer and that extinction mode occasionally.

As far as TLJ goes, comparing it to RoTJ is just insulting.

Rogue One is fine (in fact, I think it has the best space battle in the entire series), but TLJ is fucking garbage and TFA is retroactively downgraded by TLJ's garbage-ness.

Edit: On an unrelated note, the lack of Midship/Heretic is blue-balling as fuck. Same thing with H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do so many people hate TLJ? Aside from Leia’s Superman powers in space, I thought it was enjoyable. I don’t understand the hate.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why do so many people hate TLJ? Aside from Leia’s Superman powers in space, I thought it was enjoyable. I don’t understand the hate.

People expected TLJ to be better than Force Awakens....and it wasnt.

No idea.  There are gray areas between Good and Evil now and Force use/sensitivity is on a spectrum instead of being binary.  Both of those changes are far more interesting.  There were of course problems with it but overall i give it a 8.5/10.

People expected TLJ to be better than Force Awakens....and it wasnt.

I liked TFA but it was just a reskin of A New Hope.   People have a real weird relationship with the middle part of trilogies too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No idea.  There are gray areas between Good and Evil now and Force use/sensitivity is on a spectrum instead of being binary.  Both of those changes are far more interesting.  There were of course problems with it but overall i give it a 8.5/10.

I liked TFA but it was just a reskin of A New Hope.   People have a real weird relationship with the middle part of trilogies too.

Empire got shredded in reviews when it was first released and now seen as the best in the series. Fans and critics are weird.

P.S. TLJ is one of the best in the saga.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For me? Nearly every character in the movie was boring, unrealistic, or just awful, aside from Adam Driver's Kylo Ren. Leia being superman is actually one of the things I'm willing to forgive given the circumstances,  and there are other criticisms I feel are nitpicky (space mortars/bombs, giant ships "chasing" each other in space ); after all, the characters are what make Star Wars interesting...just not in this one. Like, if you can watch the Canto Bight arc of the film and unironically not understand why some people weren't thrilled with the film's writing, I don't think anything I can say would dissuade you otherwise.

That being said, I'm glad you can enjoy the film. I don't enjoy not enjoying TLJ, if that makes any sense.

KOTOR 2 (circa 2004) is about a sith lord who wants to destroy the Force (reshape the nature of power), an examination of the hypocrisy and weakness of the Jedi, and a deep exploration behind what drives the Sith and the Jedi and how they relate to the nature of the Force. I really recommend it if you enjoyed that aspect of the film.

TFA was OK, aside from having one of the most boring, predictable endings in the entirety of the trilogy. I guess TLJ gets credit for not literally copying entire segments of a previous film (generously ignoring the Hoth parallels at the end), but its a strange thing to have to give a film credit for.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone remember this infection mini-game?

You were on Foundry and had to shoot down dozens of barriers with brute shots to clear the path and escape the zombies. Once you've reached the "safe house" you pretty much won, but it took a while to get there.

Joined a bunch of different lobbies but couldn't find it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me? Nearly every character in the movie was boring, unrealistic, or just awful, aside from Adam Driver's Kylo Ren. Leia being superman is actually one of the things I'm willing to forgive given the circumstances, and there are other criticisms I feel are nitpicky (space mortars/bombs, giant ships "chasing" each other in space ); after all, the characters are what make Star Wars interesting...just not in this one. Like, if you can watch the Canto Bight arc of the film and unironically not understand why some people weren't thrilled with the film's writing, I don't think anything I can say would dissuade you otherwise.

That being said, I'm glad you can enjoy the film. I don't enjoy not enjoying TLJ, if that makes any sense.

KOTOR 2 (circa 2004) is about a sith lord who wants to destroy the Force (reshape the nature of power), an examination of the hypocrisy and weakness of the Jedi, and a deep exploration behind what drives the Sith and the Jedi and how they relate to the nature of the Force. I really recommend it if you enjoyed that aspect of the film.

TFA was OK, aside from having one of the most boring, predictable endings in the entirety of the trilogy. I guess TLJ gets credit for not literally copying entire segments of a previous film (generously ignoring the Hoth parallels at the end), but its a strange thing to have to give a film credit for.

I find your lack of bullshit critiques.... Refreshing.

I don't totally agree on the severity but I do see where you're coming from. I skipped the canto bight sections the second watch. I liked the "sometimes missions end in failure" reality of it, but it was otherwise overwrought. My other main issue with the movie was Admiral Holdo. Like, Who is this woman and why not just tell Poe the plan.... He's a hotshot but trustworthy. But I still thoroughly enjoyed 70% of it and was ok with most of the rest.

And yeah KOTOR2 was great. Played it so long ago I can't remember much of the story, but remember loving it. Just like Halo, I tend to pretend EU stuff exists in a parallel universe.

You were on Foundry and had to shoot down dozens of barriers with brute shots to clear the path and escape the zombies. Once you've reached the "safe house" you pretty much won, but it took a while to get there.

holy fuck the memories just came flooding back

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah no, opposite. I'm disinclined to continue business with Microsoft for anything besides operating systems and office software because of their treatment of their IPs and recent business decisions (and I'm actually not talking about Halo Online getting the shaft, though that certainly doesn't help)

repped before spoiler and I now need to take a fucking shower and proceed to Neg every single comment you ever make for the rest of your life. That last sentence is the greatest formation of Autism. Modern Star Wars is Media constructed with Down Syndrome. 

• Downvote (-1) 6

The original "Fat kid" is what it's called. It's so popular that there's lots of fat kid variants now

I believe it was called 'Omega Journey' although there were different versions, it was an adaption of 'Fat Kid' I think.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

repped before spoiler and I now need to take a fucking shower and proceed to Neg every single comment you ever make for the rest of your life. That last sentence is the greatest formation of Autism. Modern Star Wars is Media constructed with Down Syndrome. 

You know, I think I would consider that affectionate in some toxic way and be delighted by the attention. :heart:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spawns aren’t working the same as they did in h3 surely? Warlock especially, spent a lot of time spawning right next to someone camping back base

My game keeps crashing and freezing mid game :\, anyone know a fix to this?

Try disabling "Fix FPS Stutter" in the options if you haven't already, that's Vsync, I don't know why they didn't just call it that, hopefully that helps.

• Upvote (+1) 1