CyReN

Halo Online Discussion

I defend Microsoft ONE TIME and this is what they do to me. DMCAing streamers like this is a waste of time, hurts them financially, and builds some justifiable resentment.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i wonder if summit will get banned too

No, he removed his rebroadcasts as soon as DMCA entered the conversation - as all partners should have given they were aware ahead of time. An automated process does the rest. 

I'm destroying everyone with my mouse.. just spend some time in it and get used to it. 
I'm playing as "Rogue" in this game:
2rr0y2x.jpg

I agree but using a kb+m is 1000x worse. It’s physically impossible to outshoot good players when they use controllers and you use kb+m. The mouse aiming is just shit in every way for me. Really disappointed that I’m forced to use a controller to have fair fights on a PC game

I'm destroying everyone with my mouse.. just spend some time in it and get used to it. 

I'm playing as "Rogue" in this game:

Agreed doesn't feel terrible. I actually switch from controller to mouse because it felt so good. 4 shots on a mouse feel amazing.

It's alright guys, they'll announce some new Halo release for PC at E3 once this all dies down. It'll be $60 for the base game. You won't be able to get it on Steam, just the Microsoft Store. And it'll run strictly on Microsoft dedicated servers with armor unlockables from purchaseable REQ packs. No forge or theater though. Oh and ranking + custom server browser will be coming some time in Q3 of 2021.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It's alright guys, they'll announce some new Halo release for PC at E3 once this all dies down. It'll be $60 for the base game. You won't be able to get it on Steam, just the Microsoft Store. And it'll run strictly on Microsoft dedicated servers with armor unlockables from purchaseable REQ packs. No forge or theater though. Oh and ranking + custom server browser will be coming some time in Q3 of 2021.

This sounds.... Familiar?

ygft8.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's just not the way your post came across to me I guess - you mentioned 343 should have announced bringing in Eldewrito folks like the studio has some responsibility to them to uphold. Sure, if they want to apply at 343 and are qualified by all means, but the onus of action isn't on 343. Hope that makes sense. 

Ah yeah no worries i agree. I could have specified it was a "wouldn't it be sweet if" post.  Hiring people that you don't need or that are not qualified is not what they need to be doing lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what sucks? Microsoft. I understand the legal moves but it was a dick move. They want full control over everything as a corporation and there's nothing WE can do about it. It wasn't even hurting them

I don't have faith in 343 or Microsoft to deliver a good classic Halo experience on PC considering Halo 5 Forge was a poorly optimized piece of shit.  Even if they just straight ported MCC to PC I'd worry about funky mouse/keyboard support and the absence of basic features such as an FOV slider.  This isn't even including how it'd be a Windows Store exclusive.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Even better, they'll make it such a huge file game.. it'll only be playable on the $500 Xbox One X

You know what sucks? Microsoft. I understand the legal moves but it was a dick move. They want full control over everything as a corporation and there's nothing WE can do about it. It wasn't even hurting them

Really? They have to protect the ip. By law.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You know what sucks? Microsoft. I understand the legal moves but it was a dick move. They want full control over everything as a corporation and there's nothing WE can do about it. It wasn't even hurting them

It does though - they have to exercise ownership of the IP to maintain it. Not doing anything could set a precedent that may be legally problematic in the future. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It does though - they have to exercise ownership of the IP to maintain it. Not doing anything could set a precedent that may be legally problematic in the future. 

Didn't realize that. Thank you

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol at some people thinking 343 doesn't want MS to take down Halo Online. 343 is saying the classic line, "Oh we have no-say so in this! We would totally let Halo Online prosper if we could, but we can't so oh well. Pre-order Halo 6."

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol at some people thinking 343 doesn't want MS to take down Halo Online. 343 is saying the classic line, "Oh we have no-say so in this! We would totally let Halo Online prosper if we could, but we can't so oh well. Pre-order Halo 6."

My biggest fear is that 343 is going to flat out ignore Halo fans and make another trendy Halo game and for the fans who ask for the classic Halo formula 343 is going to hit us with the "We fixed MCC, go play that".

Prime example:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really? They have to protect the ip. By law.

If they never dropped support of the game in the first place this would not be a problem. It makes zero sense why they just released a version of it in Russia of all places. MS/343 have no idea what they're doing with Halo anymore or who even plays it.

Imagine if it was released everywhere just like any other game, how popular and well-maintained it could be right now. But no, Microsoft is too dumb for that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My biggest fear is that 343 is going to flat out ignore Halo fans and make another trendy Halo game and for the fans who ask for the classic Halo formula 343 is going to hit us with the "We fixed MCC, go play that".

Prime example:

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Prime example:

Summit primarily plays games on PC. They want him in on the MCC Insider program? Halo MCC PC confirmed?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Summit primarily plays games on PC. They want him in on the MCC Insider program? Halo MCC PC confirmed?

This is the kind of thinking i can get behind.

You have to legally enforce trademarks because you can't legally possess common sayings. If you don't reinforce, then whatever you're trademarking is now to publicly common to own. You can absolutely selectively enforce copyrights because those are so unique, they will never become publicly owned. El Dewrito didn't break any trademarks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You have to legally enforce trademarks because you can't legally possess common sayings. If you don't reinforce, then whatever you're trademarking is now to publicly common to own. You can absolutely selectively enforce copyrights because those are so unique, they will never become publicly owned. El Dewrito didn't break any trademarks.

ElDewrito was using Microsoft owned assets from a leaked title, which was reverse engineered and given to the public in spite of DMCA claims in 2015/16, following said game's original cancellation. It breaks not only trademarks, but Microsoft's own policies on fan-made titles. Hence why I01 doesn't get the shaft. It's an original project. This was not. It breaks copyrights and policies.

• Upvote (+1) 3

ElDewrito was using Microsoft owned assets from a leaked title, which was reverse engineered and given to the public in spite of DMCA claims in 2015/16, following said game's original cancellation. It breaks not only trademarks, but Microsoft's own policies on fan-made titles. Hence why I01 doesn't get the shaft. It's an original project. This was not. It breaks copyrights and policies.

Trademarks are recognizable logos, designs, and expressions that identify a company or product. El Dewrito doesn't violate any of these. El Dewrito absolutely violates copyrights, but the discussion has been that Microsoft HAS to shut down El Dewrito or they will legally lose the IP, which isnt true because that only applies to trademarks.