Sign in to follow this  
TTUVAPOR

Harvey

Surprised there's not a thread...but for all the Texans affected by this awful storm, check-in!

I live out in Richmond, Texas. Saturday morning we woke up to water in our driveway about halfway. The worse was Saturday evening as the rain really starting coming down hard for two-hours straight. The water rose about 5 feet so quickly. Luckily it never reached our garage or inside our house. This morning the water just now started going back down the driveway, but my entire neighborhood is flooded. Only large trucks can make it through and boats.

I'll post some pics later.

you guys should've gotten all your guns out and shot the storm cloud at the same time, killing it instantly

jk hope y'all have a speedy and safe recovery

Cute.

Dang dude that sucks, but at least your home doesn't have to be gutted and rebuilt. Hopefully you get power back soon after the water recedes. 

Hopefully Irma swings up and stays away from Florida... oh well it's way too early to tell but NHC says it'll be a major hurricane by Saturday...

Literally nothing is as bad as Hurricane Andrew in our lifetime, you wanna see what destruction looks like? Check out some of the images from the aftermath of that storm! It was in 1992 so I doubt there's much video, but we are talking sustained 175 mph winds slamming into homestead, FL.

In our lifetime your probably right. Although Galveston had the worst Hurricane to hit America so *shrug*. Too be honest I'm worried that Irma could easily cut through Florida and then hit Texas. Worst case scenario though.

Or just go anywhere but where I am, that'd be great.

I just hate losing power, man. Like we need air conditioning just to not want to die in Florida.

Or just go anywhere but where I am, that'd be great.

I just hate losing power, man. Like we need air conditioning just to not want to die in Florida.

East Texas is worse. We get the heat AND the humidity.

Florida is fine, I don't really mean to complain about the weather because I would never want to have to deal with shoveling snow and am thankful for not having to deal with that.

It's just the peak summer months man, only way to be outside for an extended period of time is if you're in a body of water or pool lol

It's pretty normal for Southerners to bitch about the weather honestly. I assume it comes from the roots of agriculture where the weather is a huge deal.

But yeah a local DJ for where I live died in the rescue operation for Houston. Anything and everything is helpful towards Houston. Me and my mom donated cans of food to Houston and I plan on making another donation.

Houston is a liberal city...

Houston is an incredibly diverse city. In general leans towards Democrat but there are people from every stretch of the Earth that live there.

And yet none of that matters to the rescue people saving their neighbors lives. All that mattered was that they were Texans and in need of help.

East Texas is worse. We get the heat AND the humidity.

you do know where florida is located right? 

4b70fe2fd0.png

also google tells me that florida has the same highs as texas in summer, but florida's lows are way higher on avg and the winter avg temp is way higher too.

Yea it never really gets much colder than 40 at night and that is from around January-March. There are the occasional cold fronts in November and December, but no white Christmas for the sunshine state.

you do know where florida is located right? 

4b70fe2fd0.png

also google tells me that florida has the same highs as texas in summer, but florida's lows are way higher on avg and the winter avg temp is way higher too.

The average here for Lufkin is 94 in August.

And "Lufkin experiences extreme seasonal variation in the perceived humidity.

The muggier period of the year lasts for 5.8 months, from April 23 to October 18, during which time the comfort level is muggyoppressive, or miserable at least 25% of the time. The muggiest day of the year is July 23, with muggy conditions 96% of the time."