Hard Way

What is the worst mechanic in a multiplayer game ever?

I know you meant to type something else, but I'm liking this as a new naming convention for Spartan Abilities.

Spartan Charge - - - > Melee of Panic

Thruster Pack - - - > Side Step of Panic

Ground Pound - - - > One Hit Kill of Panic

Sprint - - - > Arm Pumping of Panic

Hire me 343

No I defintiely meant to type it that way man lol! Google it, that's what a lot of people call it because it's quite literally the definition of a panic button.

Nova bomb is literally a safer, longer ranged FoH. The setup for it is practically meaningless. Lance and tribomb, unless you see it coming from a CONSIDERABLE distance away, make NB basically undodgable at most engagement ranges.

FoH might be faster, but it's also incredibly limited and puts the player at much greater risk. Not to mention has the weakest killing spree potential out of all the supers (barring Defender, of course).

Even Bungie themselves admitted FoH was underwhelming.

I'm not denying that it's safer (technically) and longer ranged. But the second is false. As I stated, I mained Blade Dancer until Nightstalker came out, and you can literally react to it and just teleport away from it. Has bigger AoE but can't blast you out of the sky in the same way that Fist of Panic can. The worst that would happen is if you reacted slightly too late, it took off a large chunk of your health. My background skill was pretty high, I was pretty good at that game man lol, a lot of good players that I encountered used Hunters Nightstalker/Gunslinger/Blade Dancer in that order, Warlocks mainly used Sunsinger, and the occasional NBer, and Titans used FoH more often than whatever the Hammer one was called. Hardly ever saw Defenders after a while. This goes for both Trials and pure matchmaking.

And you say it's limited, I 100% disagree. Unless you're doing the FoH in the middle of no mans land, you'd be perfectly fine majority of the time; whenever I actually use my Titan in PvP I got away with that nonsense all the time, it wasn't even difficult. You guys keep saying weakest killing potential, but it can literally wipe a small room with 1HKO power. Sure, because you can't literally chuck it across the map in the same way you can NB or GS can, doesn't make it irrelevant lol. But like I said you have to

1) Aim it

2) Not kill yourself with it

3) Catch people before they react to it. Because I for sure as hell could react to NB significantly more than someone sprinting around a corner and pressing the A button.

All this being said, I assuredly think that both Supers are far more annoying than the grenades you can easily outrun. I personally use the grenades that have the chain effect because you can quite literally throw that grenade around corners and will automatically zap whoever is near it.

Haha I was about to post both of these.

Both of these I absolutely enjoyed. The Cerebral Bore is one of my favorite weapons of all time in general but it's like a sniper and a needler combined that locks on. In order to lock on you need to hover over your target for a second but when the aim is like goldeneye where it literally drags itself onto the target it's just too OP.

In battle tanx I think there is one map in the first game that is big enough to not get hit by the nuke, but you need to launch it in the back of one base and hide in the back of another. I do like this game a lot though and has arena roots gameplay but has factions that start with a certain weapon, one of which is the nuke and it just fucks up the whole game when it's handed out in the beginning.

I take my N64 very seriously lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

-snip-

As a Titan main, I'm just going to have to disagree. My experience with giving and receiving FoH greatly differs from what you're saying.

Sure, I can technically wipe a room out, but that would require a combination of them all lacking any awareness and grouping up in close quarters. If im dealing with semi competent players who have even a faintest clue how their radar works, my chances of that working goes way the fuck down. When we say it has the weakest killing potential, we're talking on average in a game full of much more forgiving supers that can wipe a team with ease because they can move around, when a FoH is one and done. You get one chance, not several, all without the range safety net of NB.

Most of the time, I use FoH for just 3 things, on order of importance. Not because I want to use it this way, but because I have to:

1. Shutting down other supers.

2. Hitting a crowded OBJ.

3. Clearing rooms that people hide/camp in.

I could waste FoH on a cheap single/double kill out of it, but that just sets me up for failure in the long run. Getting killed by FoH around a corner is just as annoying as getting shotgun blasted in the face.

But Args right, at the end the day, we're just comparing different cancers in the cancer pile. Destiny would be a much better game without PvP anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Both of these I absolutely enjoyed. The Cerebral Bore is one of my favorite weapons of all time in general but it's like a sniper and a needler combined that locks on. In order to lock on you need to hover over your target for a second but when the aim is like goldeneye where it literally drags itself onto the target it's just too OP.

In battle tanx I think there is one map in the first game that is big enough to not get hit by the nuke, but you need to launch it in the back of one base and hide in the back of another. I do like this game a lot though and has arena roots gameplay but has factions that start with a certain weapon, one of which is the nuke and it just fucks up the whole game when it's handed out in the beginning.

I take my N64 very seriously lol

I could never get my friends to play either game for very long. I quickly established myself as the best shooter player in the group and this one kid kept pussing out. He wouldn't play any racing games either. The only things he would readily play were MarioKart Battle mode, Starfox and Smash. Everything else was like pulling teeth to get him to play but we didn't have anyone to replace him.

Honestly, I would say the worst mechanic I've dealt with in multiplayer games is chance-based mechanics.

The best example I can draw is the notion of crit chance. An ability doing consistent damage but then sometimes doing 100% more damage entirely based on chance is something that cannot inherently be balanced around.

It's a double-edged sword though, because chance-based mechanics are intrinsically fun when they work in your favor and not fun when they don't. 

Anything based off of the notion of chance is bad for multiplayer gaming imo. Leave that to gambling. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Armor Lock. Press a button to become invincible.

Number two would be Iron Sights (what ADS used to be called). It's distracting as heck to have the gun filling up half the screen.

If we're talking destiny OP BS don't forget thorn.

That gun in year 1 was a two tap kill, had insane range and aim assist and a pretty fast fire rate at the top levels.

Add onto the fact that it did damage over time, which not only countered healing perks and was the reason it killed so fast, but it literally let you track your opponent by following the numbers on screen.

It also ruined the visibility of the person hit by thorn.

It took you out of the game for 8-10 seconds if you got hit once. (damage, waiting for dot to end, healing) and that's just if they managed to tag you in the body.

Destiny was never comp, but playing in sweaty lobbies was hell.

• Upvote (+1) 1