Sign in to follow this  
Supermelee24

heavy aim is still not fixed!

I never saw any such variant spelling before I started using the internet.

Remember, dictionaries are starting to include ridiculous internet slang words...

but if it's in the dictionary it's canon english, doesn't matter what the origin is

but if it's in the dictionary it's canon english, doesn't matter what the origin is

The point I was making is that reference books used to have higher standards for what got in. Now they're drifting towards the lowest common denominator.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hopefully with the sandbox changes they actually could dig into the code around aiming and fix it or make it feel like the pc version

You don't notice how bad the aiming is until you play other games for a while then come back.

It feels like the aiming is different every game which is really strange.

I don't remember it being that bad TBH.(haven't played in a year)

• Upvote (+1) 2

By now, it is safe to say you are correct. I myself have always used the word "reticule". However, after some reading, it appears that "reticule" was/is indeed incorrect.

The origin of reticule is the latin "reticulum". Wikipedia (as well as many other places) incorrectly state that reticle is derived from the latin reticulum as well.

The astronomer Nicolas Louis de Lacaille created the reticle for telescopes. To commemorate his invention he renamed the constellation rhombus to le Réticule Rhomboide. The translation to latin is "the reticle". Later, when his work was published, it was latinized and published as reticulum. This appears to be where the association between reticle and reticule originated. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This appears to be where the association between reticle and reticule originated. 

Perhaps this is how some people justify their mistake, though I suspect people started saying "reticule" because it slides off the tongue better than "reticle". People don't enunciate anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Perhaps this is how some people justify their mistake, though I suspect people started saying "reticule" because it slides off the tongue better than "reticle". People don't enunciate anymore.

Retikill

Retiskill

Holy fuck are we seriously judging people based on their use of reticle/reticule?

They're both correct. Get over it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Holy fuck are we seriously judging people based on their use of reticle/reticule?

They're both correct. Get over it.

One is historically correct, the other became "correct" because the dictionary people heard so many people say it that way (and used an erroneous source to justify it).

I wouldn't be surprised if the official pronunciation of "ocarina" gets changed because 90% of people nowadays can't be arsed to enunciate the first syllable.

One is historically correct, the other became "correct" because the dictionary people heard so many people say it that way (and used an erroneous source to justify it).

I wouldn't be surprised if the official pronunciation of "ocarina" gets changed because 90% of people nowadays can't be arsed to enunciate the first syllable.

Come down from your ivory tower man. You'll eliminate most elements of language if you follow this logic all the time instead of just when you want to.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

STFU about a spelling error no one gives two shits! I started this thread because i got pissed off at the heavy fucking aim! TBH im about to get a pc since im tired of the BS dead zones on controllers! controllers everytime you get them the moment you plug em in or connect them your aim is that of GODS! then after a couple months of usage youre like "WTF" this feels completely different, because the sticks ware out. I dont want to have to spend money on a scuf everytime one stops working properly. But on a mouse you dont get that kind of BS. Long as you dont drop it(if youre using wireless id imagine you might slip lol) the mouse dont have none of this deadzone BS!, fuck halo because itll never be good again. Hells 343 actually fuced up the the aim, THE FUCKING AIM!  Who does  that? I have played 3rd party FPS games with better aim than this BS!

STFU about a spelling error no one gives two shits! I started this thread because i got pissed off at the heavy fucking aim! TBH im about to get a pc since im tired of the BS dead zones on controllers! controllers everytime you get them the moment you plug em in or connect them your aim is that of GODS! then after a couple months of usage youre like "WTF" this feels completely different, because the sticks ware out. I dont want to have to spend money on a scuf everytime one stops working properly. But on a mouse you dont get that kind of BS. Long as you dont drop it(if youre using wireless id imagine you might slip lol) the mouse dont have none of this deadzone BS!, fuck halo because itll never be good again. Hells 343 actually fuced up the the aim, THE FUCKING AIM!  Who does  that? I have played 3rd party FPS games with better aim than this BS!

Sad, but true. Instead of spending money on scufs it could be going towards crypto currency.

Come down from your ivory tower man. You'll eliminate most elements of language if you follow this logic all the time instead of just when you want to.

It's been a long time since a meaningful new word was created. We now need to protect what we have.

It's been a long time since a meaningful new word was created. We now need to protect what we have.

OOOooo mai GAWDddd

Has anybody noticed that the aiming is a little better if you plug your controller in vs. using batteries? Could be placebo but feels better.

Has anybody noticed that the aiming is a little better if you plug your controller in vs. using batteries? Could be placebo but feels better.

Anything you can do to reduce lag will make it better even if its only a couple ms.

I HATE the "humans can't perceive anything shorter than 8ms anyway" argument.  its a load of horseshit.  This threshold is different for everyone for starters 8ms (or whatever people claim it is) isn't universal.  Plus, TOTAL lag when you put together all the components is much higher than just input or just display lag.  If you can lower it by just a tiny bit, it might then fall under what you can personally perceive and feel better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel strongly about misuse of the word 'literally', and I don't care who knows it.

I literally think this is the dumbest thing i have ever read.

:simms: 

Anything you can do to reduce lag will make it better even if its only a couple ms.

I HATE the "humans can't perceive anything shorter than 8ms anyway" argument.  its a load of horseshit.  This threshold is different for everyone for starters 8ms (or whatever people claim it is) isn't universal.  Plus, TOTAL lag when you put together all the components is much higher than just input or just display lag.  If you can lower it by just a tiny bit, it might then fall under what you can personally perceive and feel better.

I agree. I also don't think human reaction time is as much as a limit when it comes to fps. Most of a player's thumbstick movement isn't based on reaction time. It is predominantly muscle memory and motor learning. If that memory is used on a consistent system, than the player doesn't have to actively react to the heavy aim or delay to notice that a difference does indeed exist. Deeply ingrained muscle memory is a part of that system's consistency.

It's the ONE word you shouldn't fuck up.

Neither is the word, "like", but it won't stop people from overusing it, or using its improper usages. I would get so irritated in high school because I couldn't find anyone who didn't say it every 3-4 times after each sentence. You absolutely cannot understand how annoying it is unless you were in-tuned to it once you've reached the 9th grade. I can handle it a lot better now, than I did when I was 14, but I still cringe whenever people use it to approximate something.

"Literally" is the second word that I can't stand. It's an overused, filler word people use to mean "figuratively". Of course, no one cares because it's the "Evolution" of the English language.

"Literally" is the second word that I can't stand. It's an overused, filler word people use to mean "figuratively". 

Which is the exact opposite of its meaning. If you misuse the word, you've said the exact opposite of what you're trying to say, and you sound like a fucking idiot, and you should be shamed by society until people stop doing it.