CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'd be so happy if one of these two happens:

Str8 pick up the OS team.

Ace joins LG with Rayne to partner Saiyan and Trippy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As much as I loved that roster with Ace, he was never their first choice for a pick up and was only brought on when the first option fell through. This most likely means that Saiyan is going to TL.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Too bad we dont have stats from dh to see if this is a good move or not. Maybe rayne is coming back. Unless something crazy happened we dont know about who else is there?

Still can't fathom how you could run the largest open Halo event (in terms of prize pool) ever and not make it a priority to record stats.

Like did anyone even come out and acknowledge they made a mistake, or at least confirm we'll have stats for Denver? Shit. 

They were better without rayne. They were the only team to challenge splyce and choked vs nv.

Ace to eg makes sense.

Why though? Many orgs have a base of operations where many players live (think optic) or could buy a house as a base (eg) for a guaranteed 50k or more plus incentives per year i would be willing to move

I think I'm kinda like Moses on this one though, I have a feeling OWL (despite my best hopes for it) wont survive for more than a year. Such a high level of investment, when if anything it should of been a lot lower and then if popularity went up, increase the buy in/annual fee.

In relation to EUnited, this guys called it I reckon.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think I'm kinda like Moses on this one though, I have a feeling OWL (despite my best hopes for it) wont survive for more than a year. Such a high level of investment, when if anything it should of been a lot lower and then if popularity went up, increase the buy in/annual fee.

Each team gets to host 5 local events a year (or a season not sure) so the key will be for the local team to foster the local scene. If that happens then the league will be successful i think

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree the initial buy in is absurd, even as a buy in for any major esport, but surely the level of commitment from these orgs should mean it won't die in the first year. If say nV commits to a territory for $20m then they're sure as shit going to take ownership of that area and push aggressively to grow it. OWL is essentially a LAN league just happening in various places over the globe.

On top of that a lot of things have to go against Overwatch for it to fall off as a game. Not only do they have to start making big mistakes with direction etc but the competition around them has to actually produce; both destiny 2 and CoD WWII are still big question marks IMO.

It's not halo. Carry on.

You didn't say "Not Halo 5" though :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1